Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-05, 04:47 PM   #1
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default ahhhhhhhh.........

finally got to go out fishin today. we went to lake jesup for crappie, then to the st. johns for LM. well we began the day near soldiers creek on jesup. i got one small blue gill on a beetlespin. my stepdad got one small bluegill and about a 1lb gar. he got them both using a worm. then we hadnt had any more luck on jesup, so we went into the st. johns river. we ventured up a few miles then set down at a very good looking spot. he was now using live shiners. he had no luck the rest of the day. i was throwing a small jig and got a nice 6-7lb mudfish(bowfin) not what i was looking for, but atleast i got something with some size. then we moved and i tied on a strike king spinnerbait and ripped it thru lilly pads. i was expecting a nice bass to hit. then something hit, and had a much nicer fight to it then the 6-7lb bowfin did, but it turned out to be about a 4lb bowfin. nothin special. that was the day. no bass :P no crappie :P just bowfin and small bluegills :P but im just glad i got out, and caught something. i have a pic of the 6-7lb bowfin, despite how it may look, it was alive and well when it was released, it even managed to give me a good splash before it swam off ;D i rotated the pic, that why it seems it is in the wrong place.[img width=300 height=350]http://photobucket.com/albums/y88/baller43091/th_bowfin.jpg[/img] now that i think of it, this should have been on the non fishing related section. but i dont know how to transfer it to that section without having to type everything again. so just bare with me on this one
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 05:17 PM   #2
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1
Default Re: ahhhhhhhh.........

Huh, I was right by soldiers creek yesterday too. I went to the environmental center where my friends work and we just went down the creek and caught some bluegill, after the pizza party they had.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 04:16 PM   #3
Bin
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bin

nice one!!!!!!!!
Bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 04:22 PM   #4
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to OKie

Yea, Nice Bass!
OKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 09:25 PM   #5
OhioBass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Nice En!
OhioBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 07:33 PM   #6
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

[quote author=NJBassDevil link=board=MessBoards;num=1116791274;start=0#3 date=05/26/05 at 15:22:13]Yea, Nice Bass! [/quote]
lmao, look alittle closer there, that is a bowfin, mudfish, blackfish, whatever you want to call it. cool thing about them is that they can breath air, so you can keep them out longer. they also walk on the shore, like where theres about an inch of water its not unusuall to see them scouting across with their front fins. that bowfin was caught on a small crappie jig, go figure ;D but they are a pain in the arse. they have teeth, and arnt good for much. that one didnt even put up a good fight. :P
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-05, 12:33 AM   #7
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Caught one tonight 6 pounds. Bent my strike king spinner completely in half and bent the hook out at almost a 90 angle. They suck , but what a fight. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.