Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-05, 03:55 PM   #1
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default New Kistler rod

I received my Kistler He70MC rod in the mail today! Even the packaging was impressive!

The rod came in a protective pvc tube securely sealed at both ends. It was packed securely inside as well with a good foam wrap and the literature.

When I pulled it out, I immediately noticed the excellent balance! I have a Prince O3 Tennis Racket and PING Irons/Calloway Titanium Golf Clubs... The reason I mention this other sports equipment is that the quality of this rod has the same feel as the other high end equipment that I own. I just wish my other toys were as reasonably priced as the Kistler! Bet my wife does too!

I am mating a Curado Bait Caster to it http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...O-SHCU200.html (At the advise of Art Ferguson and Scott Dobson) and plan to go flippin and bait casting this Saturday! B) I have played with it in the driveway with a flipping practice plug and a temporary pflueger reel ..... I just feels good in the hand!!

I am hoping for some hawg photos with it shortyly! GREAT Product Trey Kistler!

Chip
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-05, 05:43 PM   #2
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Re: New Kistler rod

A Kistler LTA Helium flipping stick has been moving up my baitmonkey wishlist for about a year now, and its starting to get close to the top. Those rods have a fine balance to them for sure.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-05, 11:51 AM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Yeah, but Art said he would like to have about 10 of the Shimano Calais he got throw that is matched up with the Rogue rod I have with it. ;D

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-05, 02:50 PM   #4
flachristopherkeene9

NICE REEL!!!
Old 04-29-05, 12:56 PM   #5

8)WTL when you are ready to buy that Kistler just give me a shout and I'll give you a good deal on one. I am a local dealer who specializes in tournament selling. I sponsor BASS Federation SE TX Div plus fish Fishers of Men Central Texas Div and make a lot of meeting and weigh-ins. I give tournament fishermen a 10% discount off list. I live in Tomball, TX just north of Houston. Also carry Solar Bat, Penetrater wts, Sweet Beaver softbaits, Tru-Trac and soon to have Wally G. cranks.

George
281-433-3917
Old 05-01-05, 03:24 PM   #6
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Chip, I don't mean to criticize your choice ,but the Curado would not even be considered as my pick for a flipping reel.In my opinion the biggest things against it is they lock up with a big fish on, and they do not free spool smoothly which is a must when flipping.Shimano owners use the Cardiff reels for flipping around my area but I am not going to buy another Shimano reel ever.P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 04:57 PM   #7
flachristopherkeene9

Default e: New Kistler rod

Works for me P&J.... I got to the counter, started to buy it, put it back, and went with the Pflueger President....

Guess I am just stuck on them... Trions and Presidents...

Thanks for the advice!

Chip
Old 05-01-05, 05:12 PM   #8
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Chip, I am impressed with the President reel. I just got a used Trion in and it casts well,caught some good fish with it this morning, but I got to tear it down and clean it, It is not as smooth as I think it should be. ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 07:17 PM   #9
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i just purchased a pflueger president spinning combo. i also own a pflueger trion spinning combo. how i love pflueger........ ;D
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.