Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-04, 09:32 AM   #1

Default Middle TN Fishing

Old Hickory Oct 13-04

I hI had the pleasure of fishing with Bill Johnston and his grandson David today on Old Hickory Lake. This was the second time this year that we have fished together The first outing was this summer when it got so hot that we quit early. Today was the opposite with air temps in the high 50's low 60's rain and 15mph wind out of the Northwest. Our first stop was in the same area that has been giving up some good fish over the past several weeks and today was no exception the only difference this time was they were holding extremely tight to cover and it took pitching a worm to put them in the boat. We also caught fish on the Luhr-Jensen Speed Trap and a Case Fluke. For the day we landed 10 Largemouth and 1 White Bass. All in all we had a good day together and you will never fish with a finer person than Mr. Johnston. Off for a little vacation the rest of the week with my family. I will have more Old Hickory updates several days next week.......Rick McFerrin Tennessee Bass Guides

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Middle Tennessee Streams Oct 12-04

I I had the pleasure of fishing with Charlie Faulkner of Brentwood Tennessee recently. The action was traffic on creek minnows and small plastics like the Charlie Case Paddle Stick and 4 inch Sliders. Throwing 1/16th ounce orange Slider heads with plastics as tight to cover as possible seems to be the best method. With creek minnows we had Smallies busting them less than 5 feet from us including this beautiful fish that Charlie caught. Fall fishing in our middle Tennessee streams is hot and will be through October. Last week end Becca and I wore the Rock Bass out, catching well over 40 in one day. Late in the day 5:30pm seems to be the prime feeding time...Get out and enjoy. Our streams are full of quality fish of all species that will be more than happy to hit a variety of artificial and live baits...Mike Dial Tennessee Bass Guides

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cumberland River Oct 11-04

I fi I fished this afternoon with Bill Warfield and Rodes Hart both of Nashville. We pulled out of the ramp at 2:00pm with great expectations. Overcast, light breeze and comfortable temperatures set us up for a great afternoon of Smallmouth fishing. Sorry guy's it didn't happen. The afternoon was mediocre at best, but not a total wipe out. Rodes caught a borderline keeper Smallmouth. Bill and I both caught a few small fish. The catch of the day was this 5 pound Striper-it well could have been 20lbs plus Striper that hit Rodes bait just as he lifted it out of the water. Total for the day. 11 Bass and 3 small Stripers....Tony Dodson Tennessee Bass Guides
Old 10-14-04, 03:15 PM   #2
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Re: Middle TN Fishing

Mike, it really is a nice time of the year to be fishing streams in this part of the country. I hit one of my favorite streams in north alabama last week and had a great time with the smallies and rock bass. I couldn't get over how the clear the water was and how bright the smallies were.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-04, 09:32 AM   #3

Our waters get real clear from now until Mid Feb.
Had some decent rain last night and this cool snap but that will not hurt the smallies in the stream to bad.
I love the streams all year long.
Mike
Old 11-08-04, 11:57 PM   #4
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Hey Mike, how do you catch the stream smallies after december? It seems to me every time I've stream fished in winter the smallies had left town. I was beginning to think they were migrated downstream to the lake.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.