Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-07, 03:36 PM   #1
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Be on notice.

I, for one, have a higher calling in life than answering the same questions, over and over, knowing that many who ask guidance from us old dogs will ignore anything we tell 'em.
I'm especially disgusted with those who PM me repeatedly, asking for counsel and then inform me that they did something STOOPIT instead.
Oh, there have been the few, very few, bright lights, but not enough for the "Doctor to remain 'In' ".
Remember the microbrain that inquired about the Quantum Array reel? Knowing that it is a POS I offered to send him a Quantum Kinetic (NIB, retail, circa 2002: 79.95) for the same 40 bux he was gonna spend on the Array.
What did he do? He asked me to post it on EBay so he could watch for it all day and night and exercise the "Buy It Now" (if someone else wasn't quicker.) Yeah, right...I pay EBay for the privilege of losing 40 (+ttl) clams on a new reel 'cause I wanted to help the kid.
Oh, he said this was because his parents didn't want him dealing with internet folks. How the HELL is EBay conducted; Smoke signals and carrier pigeons?
So I emailed him. I explained my distaste for the Ebay effort and told him I'd send him the reel and trust him for the 40 bux. Never heard from him/her/it again.
Now, there are some hear that find it hard to believe I'd do as stated. Well, there are some here who know damned well I WOULD.
When someone asks for advice then rephrases the question a dozen times, hoping for an answer this honest man will not give, then it's time for me to hang it up.
Now, an ongoing thread, similar in nature to the referenced example, threatens to drive me nuts again. No more! I still have that NIB Quantum, and the knowledgeable among us know it's head and shoulders above what I fear young "Longhornville" will wind up with. Am I gonna offer to ship it and trust I'll get the 40 bux? Hell...NO!
So, gentle readers, thou shalt hear FlyRod no more as it relates to "advice". Enough is enough. I've tolerated enough of it on the 'net and in person and it's time for a change.
Other than that, how is everyone today?

FlyRod
PS: Reb is gonna think some grouch has hijacked my computer and password, but it really IS the one, the only, original, (Accept NO substitutes!) FlyRod speaking.

Last edited by FlyRod; 05-26-07 at 03:50 PM.
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-07, 03:55 PM   #2
InEccess
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to InEccess

For those with higher standards then to merely bite back thier distaste for the one's who prowl on the innocent, we ask...

Got Cthulhu?
Old 05-26-07, 04:04 PM   #3
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by InEccess View Post
For those with higher standards then to merely bite back thier distaste for the one's who prowl on the innocent, we ask...

Got Cthulhu?
Had some last night, in fact, with melted buttah, Fava beans, and a nice Kee-anti.
Hello, Clarice...

HannibalRod
Old 05-26-07, 05:49 PM   #4
brushhog

Having read and reread and then read again.... Say it ain't so Fly! Your honesty not to mention sarcastic wizardy are a mainstay here. Sharing your knowledge at your pleasure is not the same as doling out advice to the "STOOPIT" is it... We can still count on your presence, right? The fishing world awaits, with baited breath, your reply. PS - a sharp hook through the earlobe for the dirtbag who scammed the reel!
Old 05-26-07, 06:45 PM   #5
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

aww dam i will miss the trading of barbs...see you around fly swatter..you know where..

zooker
Old 05-26-07, 07:43 PM   #6
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushhog View Post
We can still count on your presence, right? The fishing world awaits, with baited breath, your reply. PS - a sharp hook through the earlobe for the dirtbag who scammed the reel!
BH,
I didn't say I was leaving, just through with trying to help the unhelpable.
Also, no reel was scammed..."and told him I'd send him the reel and trust him for the 40 bux. Never heard from him/her/it again." See, I never had the chance to send the reel.
Besides, there are some posters here who always have a jewel of wisdom to offer, sometimes "knowing" only what they've read or heard somewhere, and never tested, practiced, or succeeded with. They can, and will, chime in on EVERYTHING.
There are some, however, who obviously know a lot about certain facets of the sport and are willing to share their knowledge. Well, the world is a better place because of them, and perhaps they are more patient than I.

I'd rather spend my time here reading and occasionally furnishing a bit of sometimes-slightly-funny humor or a spell check.

FR
Old 05-26-07, 07:45 PM   #7
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
aww dam i will miss the trading of barbs...see you around fly swatter..you know where..

zooker

As for you, Snooky, the nightmare is just beginning
I will be here to haunt you until Hell complains re Global Warming.

FR
Old 05-26-07, 07:48 PM   #8
JB

flyguy, next time a noob asks advise over and over in PM , just come on to him in a gay way, its always worked for me rofl...you'll never hear from them again I Tell Ya~
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-07, 07:59 PM   #9
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
flyguy, next time a noob asks advise over and over in PM , just come on to him in a gay way, its always worked for me rofl...you'll never hear from them again I Tell Ya~
Well, seems as though that time you spent in San Franny taught you some new...errrr...tricks. As for me, being a virtually lifelong trumpet picker, I am immune. Y'see, the Trumpet Ego could nevAr tolerate the flaw...evAr! Thus, I lack the skills to act on your suggestion...you big thilly!

FR
Old 05-26-07, 09:24 PM   #10
Rebbasser

I'll say this about Flyrod:

Quote:
Now, there are some hear that find it hard to believe I'd do as stated. Well, there are some here who know damned well I WOULD.
He most definitely is a man of his word. If he says he will do something you can take it to the bank-he will do what he says.

P.S. I know this is Flyrod posting-several of the subjects he presents we have discussed on more than one occasion.
Old 05-27-07, 05:40 AM   #11
Denny_K

Default lol

You guys are nutzzzzzzzzzzzzz...lmao...san franny..good stuff..lol
Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-07, 08:02 AM   #12
zooker

[quote=FlyRod;156526] there are some here that find it hard to believe I'd do as stated[quote]

fixed it for ya fly wod

zooker
Old 05-27-07, 09:05 AM   #13
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Zooker corrects FlyRod's spelling? This is Bizarro Bassfishin.com.
Old 05-27-07, 01:23 PM   #14
FlyRod

[quote=zooker;156598][quote=FlyRod;156526] there are some here that find it hard to believe I'd do as stated
Quote:

fixed it for ya fly wod

zooker
Believe it or not, it was deliberate. Remember my remark re Spell-Check?

FR
Old 05-27-07, 02:50 PM   #15
crab

I dont know about anyone else but ill send you 40.00 for the reel.
crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-07, 03:01 PM   #16
brushhog

I'll send $45.. OOps this borders on EBayesque which was part of the original problem!!!!
Old 05-30-07, 04:40 PM   #17
lizardsrule

Hope your blood pressure has gone down since this started roftmao. It does get redundant in here doesn't it. Just take a fishing trip and all will be well again.

Lizards
Old 05-30-07, 04:44 PM   #18
crab

I for one invite all jugheads to ask me questions I will help you all I can
Old 05-30-07, 06:30 PM   #19
zooker

belive it or not crabby we get some real "winners" in here during the summer months..thing is a couple of those guys that used to post some pretty lame stuff are still here and i may add post MUCH BETTER questions...

i wont say who they are.. no need to bring up what was said in the past..

but when you tire of the summer but heads let me know. we have a place that the old guys sneak into for piece and quiet..

zooker
Old 05-30-07, 08:13 PM   #20
dampeoples
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

Fly
I wanted to know......ah screw it, you ain't gonna answer anyway!
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 08:49 PM   #21
Captmikestarrett

Wow a manifesto on stupidity..

I salute you flyrod..

Most boards just flame the guys by posting the b-mails..

Capt Mike
Old 05-30-07, 11:13 PM   #22
crab

cool let me know , Im no youngblood lol. Im sure it wouldnt take a whole lot lol cause I dont have much patience anymore.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.