Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-05, 11:40 PM   #1
Mikey
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikey
Default Central florida

Does anyone know any lakes that are filled to the seems with bass , in volushia county and that are public
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 12:12 AM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Central florida

ahhh good ole volusia county....i grew up in ormond beach...near daytona 8) to bad i really wasnt into fishin when i lived there so i dont have any good places i can think of.......the st johns runs thru there i believe...what part of volusia you live in? i know at the race way there are good ponds in and around the area....i think the ones around the race way are open all the time....but im not sure if you'll be able to fish the bigger pond in the infeild of the raceway :-/ i would hit up the st johns.....and lk monroe....other then that i cant really help you.... :-/
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 12:24 AM   #3
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

bf02,
The St. Johns just like most waterways in fl SUCKS sincce the hurricanes. The water got real high and killed vegetation along the banks that puts O into the water. Also the vegetation that died in the water was eaten by bacteria that depleted the O. Thats why there were did fish allup and down the St. Johns. Lake Jessup and Monroe literally had a blanket of dead bass, crappie, brim, and shad on it. All thats left in that chain for a while are Gar, mudfish and cats.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 12:27 AM   #4
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

that would explain the exception sh!tty fishin i had there a few weeks ago....i was throwin right where the bass should have been...and was gettin damn mudfish :P but its still worth a shot....thats about the only major water way i know of in volusia.
Old 06-15-05, 09:59 AM   #5
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman

I fished Monroe on Monday Night/Evening and not a single thing!!! It really Stank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 10:10 AM   #6
FishinMommy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FishinMommy

You should try some golf course lakes maybe down there as long as you get permission.
FishinMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 10:12 AM   #7
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

St. Johns is still a great place to go fishing. It wasn't damaged nearly to the extent as Lake O. Rivers tend to recover quickly as the water is constantly flowing and water levels are constantly fluctuating. Just like any major fishing body, you're gonna have to find the fish. Don't forget the many lakes in the Ocala National Forest, about half an hour drive is literally hundreds of low pressured waters.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 01:30 PM   #8
Mikey
BassFishin.Com Member

i live in debary next to deltona and orange city i live like 5 mins form the st johns river
Old 06-15-05, 02:54 PM   #9
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i know the area...i played a football game there 2 seasons back. i would go ahead and try the st. johns. also golf coarses are a good idea i know of 1 if its still there....in ormond beach on A1A.....also....give alittle saltwater fishing a shot....if you go inshore you wont need to buy new rods/reels.....just make sure when you get home you spray them down with the hose. i would fish the indian river.....look for docks...and around bridge pilings....buy some live shrimp....and bring along flukes, zara spooks, gold willow leaf spinnerbaits 8) the live shrimp is for if you dont catch sqwaut with artificial.....make casts under docks, and cast into the current of the river by bridge pilings...and let the bait float past the piling.....fish hold to the back piling and grab whatever floats by 8) you'll be fishin for trout...and whatever else is lurkin in the area......
Old 06-15-05, 04:18 PM   #10
Mikey
BassFishin.Com Member

yeah i started fishing in brackish water with my uncle we would fish for redfish but he moved and we dont have a boat so i going to try fresh water
Old 06-15-05, 04:35 PM   #11
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

there are plenty of places to fish the indian river from shore.....you know where the grenada bridge is right? there is a park under it...and there is some good fishin there 8)

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.