Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-05, 05:55 PM   #26
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL
Its not a particularly noisy bait, and it is also a little on the small side but it worked on the rock bluffs. Then again, this may just illustrate the contrarian taste of ye ole bass.
leadhead on rocks, probably noisy enough.
Old 08-06-05, 06:24 PM   #27
shaft04092
BassFishin.Com Active Member

does live bait work well at night?
shaft04092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-05, 07:47 PM   #28
Rodman_Rob

you betcha, i prefer wild shiners for night time live bait, domestic shiners are usually too small for my preference and definately don't kick as hard meaning less vibes in the water, less detection by predatory fish.
Old 08-07-05, 06:17 AM   #29
1FASTLASER

No fish 2 win thats a bullet bass boat. Cant find a laser to use as my avatar. But to the reply on fishin at night you are VERY correct. Bass indeed duee see shades and not actual colors. As far as the vibrations are concerned that is probaly the most prevailent attractant that a person needs to use in order to bring up there catch rate when fishin at night. I yoo use to make my own spinner baits when I lived in pa and they had a very unique rattle that I fastened to the blade arm and I used a deep dish colorado blade in sz 5. This combo won me ALOT of money fishin night tourneys on Hopatcong,wallenpaupack greenwood and several other lakes in pa and ny. Man I sure do miss those smallies. They totally anilelated a rod and reel combo I used for one year from slammin those homeade spinner baits of mine.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-05, 11:02 AM   #30
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Laser its is truly amazing what a SM can do to a spinnerbait, I have had them tear the blade off as well as the skirt and pork chuck then land the fish with the hook solid in its jaw. I can hardly get the pork off the hook myself and they will knock it off.
I thought that was a Bullet. One of my best fishing buddies is Ried Cox. He is the sales manager for Bullet. They are built in Seymour TN about 40 miles from my home. Rieds boat was the one that won the bass boat shot out 2 years ago in Fla. Its amazing what you can do when the factory pays the bill. I fish a Norris Craft. They are built in Lafolette TN about 15 miles from my home. Brooks who originally built the Brooks Bullet was an employee at Norris Craft before he started building his boats. He sold out to Bill Hill 25 or so years ago. Bill Hill droped trhe Brooks and just called the boat Bullet. They ship boat all over the world.One nice thing about the Norris Craft Allison or Bullet is they are all built close by. You can actually go to the factory and order your boat custom made.They are all three hand built. They are also real fast boats.Bullet has an owner appreciation tournamnet on Douglas Lake every summer. Actually it is late spring. They usually have about 70 or 80 out of town boats. It is a three day event that includes a cook-out, tournament and tour of the factory.Lots of prizes and fun.
Nice Boat. Fish2win
Old 08-08-05, 05:43 AM   #31
1FASTLASER

LOL! Talking bout those smallies ure does bring back some memories. I remember having to have atleast 4 or 5 of the spinnerbait that they wanted at the time because they were gonna tear up that bait. More than onece or twice I thought the fish was way bigger than it really was only to find out it weighed 2 1/2 or 3 lbs. Now mind you I wasnt disappointed. I would definatly like to see a pic of your boat. The norris craft doesnt get the recognition it deserves. In Bass and Walleye boats they had a test boat that was made avaible to them and to say I was impressed was a understatement. One of these days I hope to own a Bullet but right now I have to kids still in school so that is on the back burner for now.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-05, 08:02 PM   #32
racer34v
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to racer34v

going night fishin for the first time wednesday, going out about 7 pm until 11 - 12 pm.....

any other tips?
thanks , alan
racer34v is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.