Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-05, 11:36 PM   #1
bigman15
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigman15
Default Magnets on my reel

My reel comes with those magnets you have to set, Its got some of those clear little disk type things on it. Can anyone tell me how to set the magnets to the on position?
bigman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-05, 01:05 AM   #2
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Re: Magnets on my reel

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/..._T.Wilson.html

Chip
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-05, 02:12 AM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Trav, if it is magnetic there should be a dial on the side opposite the handle that you turn up or down depending on how much control on it. Â*If you have to take the side plate off to set it you probably have a centrifugal brake. Â*Here is a great site to explain it:

http://pages.infinit.net/fishing/bait101.htm
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-05, 09:00 PM   #4
bigman15
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigman15

Ok...heres the problem. The picture that REBBASSER sent, showed some little top hat looking things that were up and down. When I tried to put mine up, some of them came off. I am still not understanding how to set the brakes to ON position. HELP tourny coming up soon.

Travis
bigman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-05, 10:14 PM   #5
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

most reels come with the brakes already on.at least mine have. If they are coming off, u are pushing them too far. when they are all the way down, you want to push them just until they Click. No further.I never use the magnetic brakes.I prefer reels with easily accesible 4 or 6 pin brakes. You should be able to set them without popping them off.

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-05, 12:13 AM   #6
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Trav-if you push the little top hat(great description, BTW) down to where it clicks in it is off, and if you pull it out so it will come off the pin it is on. Just slide it down so it is on the pin but not pushed all the way in. I have mine set with 4 on I think, which is 2 pushed down and locked, the rest just sitting on the pin. Just make sure if you push one in to also push the one opposite it to keep it balanced.

If you were to take all the top hats off the pin completely it would only mean all the brakes are on, so you would still have the braking function.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.