Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-05, 06:51 AM   #1
okefenokee010
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to okefenokee010
Default Rod Building

Anybody make their own rods? I have been batting the idea around for a year or so, but just haven't gotten around to it. If you have tried it, how did it go?
okefenokee010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 08:30 AM   #2
bronzebackguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bronzebackguy
Default Re: Rod Building

I made both of my fly rods, it takes awhile to build but it is fun, and you can do quite a bit with them, problem is it cost alot of money, I think for both fly rods I was almost at $1000
bronzebackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 09:41 AM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Nitro,

JackL does or at least did build his own rods. From the conversations we had, sounds like it's not any cheaper to build your own, but can be exciting catching fish on your own rod. I toyed with the idea also, but it's just too time consuming for me. If I have that much time, I gonna spend it on the water. Plus if mine breaks, such as the Brand New Kistler I just bought did > I can take it back. If you have the time and money go for it. Here's a site that has about everything you need to get started http://www.jannsnetcraft.com

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 06:30 PM   #4
okefenokee010
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to okefenokee010

Thanks guys. I have Jann's catalogs for the past couple of years, just can't commit to building my own. I have a baby due in a couple of weeks, so I thought it would be quiet work I could do while Junior was sleeping.

$500 for a rod? American? Must be a beauty. I think my flyrods were about 60 bucks each. And those are the new ones! Now I do have a couple of bamboo rods that my grandfathers had. Hate to have to buy one of those now.
okefenokee010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.