Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-05, 05:16 PM   #1
OhioBass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Got A New Hobbie

I Now Skate.....Which Is Really Fun And Painful..Any1 Skateboard?
OhioBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 05:20 PM   #2
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to OKie
Default Re: Got A New Hobbie

I used to but dropped it after i became an outdoors guys. Hunting, fishing, and baseball cards are my life now. I sell my baseball cards.
OKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 05:34 PM   #3
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

Nick,
I tried my hand at it. I had a wlamart board. broke it tryin to jump a set of stairs, (3 steps). Needlees to say the trucks were loose and snapped off, and i almost broke my ankle
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 05:42 PM   #4
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

I was into it for about two years. Â*I broke my arm skateboarding once. Â* I don't really know why I stopped, Â*I think I was just too lazy to pick it back up in the spring one year. Â*To be honest, skaters just aren't the best group of people to be hanging around with. Â*
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 05:48 PM   #5
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

[quote author=HulaPopr link=board=Tourneys;num=1118175418;start=0#3 date=06/07/05 at 16:42:53]I was into it for about two years. Â*I broke my arm skateboarding once. Â* I don't really know why I stopped, Â*I think I was just too lazy to pick it back up in the spring one year. Â*To be honest, skaters just aren't the best group of people to be hanging around. Â*[/quote]

ya, they really arnt the best group to hang with, no offense nick or clay. I was a skater, but i was clean, no stupid sh!t or anything
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 05:50 PM   #6
OhioBass

Ah....I'm A Little Out Of The Box But Im Not Going To Do Anything Stupid......I Bought A Wal Mart Board Yesterday...Im Learning On It....Im Going To Buy A Flip Board
Old 06-07-05, 06:27 PM   #7
madmarty
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to madmarty

Oh No! You are joking aren't you? A fisherman that skates? Its unheard of. All the kids at our school that skate are lunitics. They act weird and paint thier fingernails black. Our whole school is turning into skateboarders. Please use your head and act now. Go take your new skateboard and sell it or better yet throw it at someone you don't like. Kind of like killing two birds with one stone. ;D

Please I beg you!

I guess you could call me a skater hater.
madmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 06:40 PM   #8
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Now come on, Its not that bad....some of the kids are bad but if you like the outdoors then you know whats good for you and whats not. It was so much fun just goin out and skating with your friends. I dont really know why i gave it up?
Old 06-07-05, 06:42 PM   #9
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

actually, one of the funniest, and nicest guys i have ever known was a skater....we are all clean. i used to skateboard all the time, then i broke my board jumping off a 5' ledge unto a 3' rail and tried to boardslide it, as soon as it hit the rail it snapped in 2, i saved my self thankfully that board was just about done anyways.... i used to be good, then i moved, picked up fishing and didnt buy a new board...then about 1 1/2 years ago i bought one, and have found that just about everything i used to know is gone. i can still manual about 15', and i can grind on a good day..obviously i can ollie, not as good as i could tho...i have an enjoi board now with phantom trucks and stock wheels. it does me good when i fiond time to ride it, i have rode it to my fishin hole once. but i dont do to much of it anymore. not many of my friends are skateboarders, but i know some, and they are actually some of the funniest people i have ever meet...i dont really care what they do outside of school, i dont even know what they do...but at school they are cool. most people dont give them a chance, they see the black cloths and turn the other way...but dont judge a book by its cover... now i have meet my share of skaters that arnt clean, and i dont hang out with them..but the ones who are, are really cool. and i think Â*the rich kids do more drugs then the skaters...thats how it is. i dont hang out with them either...they have invited me to places, but i know whats good for me. and i dont dress in all black either :-X
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 06:45 PM   #10
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

I heard that skate boarding leads to jet skiing!!

BOO!! HISS!!

YUKKK!!!

:'(
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 06:49 PM   #11
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

NO!!!!!! jet skiers suck all together!
Old 06-07-05, 08:18 PM   #12
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

I Â*skateboarded, I am too old now, but I still got my favorite board, An old Elements board, independent trucks, toy machine wheels upgraded to the hkd bearings My nephew bought me for my birthday. I guess to remind me who gets my board when I finally let it go. My wife just doesn't understand when I carry it out to take to work once in a while. ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 08:59 PM   #13
Makitcnt4u
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Makitcnt4u

I hate Jetskiers!

I was riding down the main channel of the lake this weekend and this girl on a jet ski that wasn't more than 12 years old was cutting 10 feet in front of boats that are going full speed in the channel then she flips around and shoots water all over these other boats. So I get out my air horn speed up to about 40 and head straight toward her. The horn got her attention the she saw me barreling toward her. I swerved out of the way and looked back and she didn't do it anymore.

Then not 5 minute later a guy on a jet ski looks like he's coming straight toward me so I swerve a little and he cuts across my wake about 10 feet away from my boat.

On the way back I am going to fish another spot and this guy on a jet ski cuts right in front of me so I swerve around him and cut in front of him he looks astonished and I get out the airhorn again. They have mirrors on the sides of those things to see me barreling towards them before they cut in front of me.

I hate them!

Oh and by the way I laugh at every skateboarder I see whenever they try and do a trick and fall over. I make fun of them all the time since they all hang out together talking about some freaky satanic band that no one else has ever heard about but them. I tried to talk to them at school once and they act like you aren't even there. They wear weird clothes to try and be different from everyone else. That basically shows that they are saying " Hey look at me I'm different". I hate people who try and be that differnet from everyone else.
Makitcnt4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 09:33 PM   #14
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

ya, there is a reason they dont talk to you....they consider you a posser for trying to be the same as everybody else. and when you laugh at them they just think you are an even bigger losser then everybody else. so you like to blend in with everybody? thats lame.... everyone is different, and the ones who try to act the same as everyone else i consider possers...who wants to be a posser?
Old 06-07-05, 10:10 PM   #15
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

I know cool people who like to skateboard. Not a big deal.

I've tried it before though and had a nasty elbow bruise to remind myself not to.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 10:38 PM   #16
Makitcnt4u
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Makitcnt4u

thats not what I meant. Everyone is a little bit different from everyone else. I don't try to be like everyone else. I'm just saying that most people wear the same general clothes that are usually light colors and they have many colors that they are wearing. But the other people wear all black. They are just shooting themselves in the foot because no one wants to talk to a person that always dresses in the same color and doesn't even want to talk to anyone else but their freaky black-clothed skateboarder friends.
Makitcnt4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 11:11 PM   #17
bass72542
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bass72542

I agree with Lockjaw. I thought all skateboarders were interrested in was figernail polish,black clothes, and loud music never herd of a skater that is a fisherman. Please we dont need anymore skaters........plus i dont see how u dont get some kind of monstress LICE in all that hair.
bass72542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 11:14 PM   #18
OhioBass

Im Not Gothic Or Anything
Old 06-07-05, 11:18 PM   #19
bass72542
BassFishin.Com Member

I kno im just sayin that all the kids at my skool were these big ole black pants that have straps hagin off of em......and black fingernails
Old 06-07-05, 11:21 PM   #20
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

What I hate is the fact that they are trying to be so different... but they are just all being the same by doing that. My favorite quote from South Park is when Stan goes up to a goth kid to try and join their group. The goth says
"To be a non-conformist you have to dress just like us and listen to the exact same music we do." ;D
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 11:21 PM   #21
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

You guys had better be nice to these skaters One day you'll go to their place of employment and order a hamburger, and they won't ask if you want any fries

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 11:24 PM   #22
bass72542
BassFishin.Com Member

LOL Lizards that was pretty good
Old 06-07-05, 11:27 PM   #23
OhioBass

Im suprised you seriously dont think im goth......I skate.....listen to metal music....write crazy poems.....
Old 06-07-05, 11:27 PM   #24
madmarty
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to madmarty

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=Tourneys;num=1118175418;start=0#20 date=06/07/05 at 22:21:59]You guys had better be nice to these skaters Â*One day you'll go to their place of employment and order a hamburger, and they won't ask if you want any fries

Lizards[/quote]

I about fell out of my chair laughing at that one.
madmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 11:38 PM   #25
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

this is a very stereo typical group here....so what if they act different? i mean, i have my group of friends, i have hung out with the popular people, i have hung out with the skateboard kids.......i have hung out with just about every group at my school.....im a reasonable guy...i mean, i have a group of friends that hangg out with the most, and if we saw some kid just walk into our group then we would tell him to get lost....thats is what the ''skateboarders'' do.. they are like every other group, if they dont know you, you arnt welcome. the only thing different is what they wear...now if you base your friends by what they wear...you are a peice of sh!t as far as im concerned. i dont see why you guys really care what they were, or even what they do. i think some of you might be alittle more mature about it. i have hung out with them, they are funny....now, there is a difference between ''skateborders'' and ''goth'' people. if you skateboard, you dont ''have'' to be goth and vice versa. bamabassin, for you to say ''we dont need anymore skateboarders'' is puttin words into everyones mouth.....you dont know sh!t what ''we'' need. thats like them sayin ''we dont need anymore fishermen''. you want them to say that? as far as im concerned, ''be and let be'' which means, mind your own. all you guys are doing is talking about people you have nevver meet....you are acting like the rich snotty kids....and i can say that, because i have hung out with them, i know how they are. and you guys remind me of all of them....pretty much...i dont wanna be on a board that acts like teenage snotty rich kids. if these kids dress in black...they dress in black....if they skateboard, they skate board, if they do both...then who cares?? i have skateboarded, and i never wore all black...im sure PNJ didnt either. what you guys are doing is being stereo typical...just cause they were black closes they skateboard and are stupid...bull. why dont all you guys get to know them.....and if they dont want to get to know you...to bad....its there choice. when i hung out with them they never said i need to wear what they wear, they never said i need to do what they do....that tells me alot about people.... so all you guys need to stop being so stereo typical, and stop caring about what others do...their businness, not yours...and get on with your life....jeez, you all are like freakin little schoolgirls. and no, im not some black cloths wearing guy, i just have hung out with many people...all sorts of people...and know who is cool, and who are jerks...and you all are acting like jerks...i have left a group of jerrks before...and i can do it again.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.