Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-05, 03:14 AM   #1
Hydrilla
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Hydrilla
Default last resort spots and tactics

what does a guy do when it is 1:30 and nothing that worked the weeks before has paned out. Now you have only 2hours till whiegh in.You try to adjust by changing from action biats to sutle plasticts youve tryed moving out moving in , spots that worked lastyear so you get desprate but obviously dont want to admit defeat with 2 hours left. What are some of your secert last resort/minute trics and tactics
Hydrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 03:21 AM   #2
dave_in_fl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to dave_in_fl
Default Re: last resort spots and tactics

I pick up a red rattle trap and throw it for the last 2 hours if i dont have a fish yet. That has saved me from blanking more tourneys than i care to admit, and sometimes you find a large group of fish that are interested and save the day even ;D
dave_in_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 10:09 AM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=hook link=board=news;num=1107756864;start=0#0 date=02/07/05 at 01:14:24]what does a guy do when it is 1:30 and nothing that worked the weeks before has paned out. Now you have only 2hours till whiegh in.You try to adjust by changing from action biats to sutle plasticts youve tryed moving out moving in , spots that worked lastyear so you get desprate but obviously dont want to admit defeat with 2 hours left. What are some of your secert last resort/minute trics and tactics[/quote]

I would go to YOUR FAVORITE BAIT AND TECHNIQUE Any answer could be right depending on the conditions, but it's your go to bait, that YOU KNOW will catch fish, and many times it's just the presentation, perhaps you're pressing to hard, trying to desperately to cover more water etc... You know you can catch fish with your go to bait, so go to it, and fish it like you always do.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 10:55 AM   #4
zooker___________.
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zooker___________.

I got skunked again in GA this past sat. hope things change soon tourneys start next sunday.
zooker___________. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 05:17 PM   #5
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Go back to the basics. If the bass aren't biting, go back to something like the good ol' t-rig.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 06:00 PM   #6
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

It's whatever you feel comfortable throwing. But, if I had to pick a bait just to catch a keeper, I would say it's time to bust out the spinning gear and throw something small and try to catch a 14 incher. Just my thoughts. Good luck next week.

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 10:01 PM   #7
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

get out the 4" red shad powerworm or red shad senko.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 01:14 AM   #8
bassguy2004

Throw a confidence bait. If it's a worm, then throw a worm. If it's a crankbait with purple spots, then throw it. Some fishermen get bummed out that (me included) they aren't catching fish and totaly blow it off and say screw it. I've turned the negitive into a positive by tossing the baits I have the most confidence in and it has worked, not always but it has worked.
Old 02-08-05, 07:54 PM   #9
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

hook
you anit fishing lake tillary are you?

go trap and smoke it.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 08:09 PM   #10
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

I don't fish tourneys, but whenever I'm getting skunked I normally simplify the situation not by downsizing tackle so much as downsizing the area I'm targeting. If you want to catch fish, you got to be where they are - lots of them. There are more fish per square feet way back in a slough or creek than on a midlake hump. Quality might not be the same, but if you get your lure in front of more fish it becomes a mathematical equation - some are gonna strike.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 10:15 PM   #11
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

TNT in a remote part of the lake. Might get penalized a little but hey its weighing in. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 01:35 AM   #12
ALAN_RAMSEY
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ALAN_RAMSEY

I'v been looking into the subject myself and I agree with alot of these posting about going to your go-to bait..

relaxe and have fun.

Confidence is in your ablilities is the keeper out of this posting.

If your go-to bait is a purple with pink poke a dotted elephant "FINE" AS LONG AS "YOU" FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT,, THEY WILL BITE.....

hope that helps
DAN
2canbass
ALAN_RAMSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 12:50 PM   #13
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

Clear water- I'd throw a split-shot rig grn pumpkin worm Muddy water- find the heaviest cover and throw a hard thumping single bladed spinnerbait through the worst part. These are a couple of my favorites. Confidence is the key. Tie on your best and have at it! ;D
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 05:01 PM   #14
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

You may just have to "grin and bear it". Some tournaments just don't go as well as expected.
Sure the baits that have produced well in the past may be ok, but some days I.E. Right after a cold front, high temps, low temps etc...The fish just ain't biting. Last year of all the tournaments that I fished, there were 6 that I didn't put a fish on the scales.
Enough of those and it can make you feel a might humble. Believe me , I know.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 05:11 PM   #15
bennersj
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bennersj

HOOK I am having the same problem. I just prefished for a tournament this saturday and got skunked for the first time in a great while. ??? I got two bites and missed both. I think in a tourney if I had not caught a keeper and had 2 hours left this time of the year with cold water temp. I would downsize to a small 2 3/4" tube (strike king bitsy tube) or finesse worm and drag itSLOW or go to your confidence bait

Hope this helps
Good luck in the tourney
bennersj is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.