Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-05, 06:34 PM   #1
Park
BassFishin.Com Member

Default last minute help

hey everyone im going fishing tonight, i will be sneaking into an old gravel pit that they have turned into a fishing club it has been stocked with bass, striper, and walleye, ive never fishied this lake before but is their any tips you guys can give me, remember this will be during the night time hours. the moon phase is last quarter, the air temp will be 55, humidty 66% and the sky will me mostly clear, thx for any help.
Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-05, 06:47 PM   #2
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: last minute help

[quote author=ohio_bass_fisher link=board=news;num=1117575277;start=0#0 date=05/31/05 at 17:34:37]
Â* Â* Â* Â*hey everyone im going fishing tonight, i will be sneaking into an old gravel pit that they have turned into a fishing club it has been stocked with bass, striper, and walleye, ive never fishied this lake before but is their any tips you guys can give me, remember this will be during the night time hours. the moon phase is last quarter, the air temp will be 55, humidty 66% and the sky will me mostly clear, thx for any help.[/quote]

That's called poaching >

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-05, 07:31 PM   #3
Carolina_Chip
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Take someone else's I.D. I bet you might need it.
Old 05-31-05, 09:38 PM   #4
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

well you really shouldnt go at all. your the kind of person that makes private landowners not want to allow the public fisherman on his land. DONT GO!!!!!
Old 06-01-05, 01:05 AM   #5
Park
BassFishin.Com Member

yeah you guys are right man you know how to make someone feel guilty.
well looks like ill just ask permision from the company
Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-05, 03:04 AM   #6
Stan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Stan

well in any case i would say dont go without permission...now given they do let u go, we will need a few more specifics... (i.e) water clarity, cover, depth and ect. but surely if they let u go they would be more helpful than us as to bait type and presentation...

good luck
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-05, 01:00 PM   #7
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

Be careful in that pit,, its so easy to slide on the gravel and go in, and its hard to get out
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-05, 02:54 PM   #8
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

if you get permission, and you are fishin at night, take a big black jitterbug and cast it near cpver. reel it in some, then give it a l-o-n-g pause, then repeat untill you get it to the boat. those pauses will drive fish crazy.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-05, 04:59 PM   #9
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Sometimes you do as you have to. In this case I would cram my pockets with dark colored spinnerbaits,(2) some dark colored worms, some dark top water baits,(2) including buzzbaits, they can be great during low light.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-05, 05:00 PM   #10
OhioBass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=news;num=1117575277;start=0#1 date=05/31/05 at 17:47:52]

That's called poaching > Â*

Lizards
[/quote]
Yeah man.....Hope U Get Busted
OhioBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-05, 05:12 PM   #11
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=bassnman30 link=board=news;num=1117575277;start=0#8 date=06/01/05 at 15:59:18]Sometimes you do as you have to. In this case I would cram my pockets with dark colored spinnerbaits,(2) some dark colored worms, some dark top water baits,(2) including buzzbaits, they can be great during low light.[/quote]

Pretty amazing post from a fellow who just ranted about someones boat trailer getting hit ??? Â*I guess other people's property only consists of what YOU care about. Â*Not what doesn't belong to you. Â*Unbelieveable. Â*If I paid money for the priveledge to fish a body of water(which I do), and someone came trespassing on it, I would be extremely ticked. Â*But apparently you only speak up when it's in your own best interest. Â*Since your friend/bass buddy/aquaintance was the recipient of the last one you speak up. Â*But if it's not anyone you know then it's OK. Â*Hope your kids don't learn to much from your ethics and morals.

Lizards

Quote:
Sure would like to find out who did this crap. It pisses me right off. A new Ranger trailer at that.
Really jerks my chain when I hear of people doing something like this to other peoples items. No they apparently didn't even leave a note. Some people have no reguards for other peoples valuables. Reminds me of someone killing a pet of mine.
This has really gone the limits.
I hope that the vermin that is responsible knows what he did. Some people are just plain 'ol scum.
Old 06-02-05, 03:53 PM   #12
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Lizardsrule,
The guy who's trailer got damaged is a friend of mine. I stand by my words ref. his situation.
The other comment was from an individual who needed some advice ref. to fishing a pond.
Whether this body of water is private or public it shouldn't matter. This guy was wondering what he should take.
Don't worry about my kids and there thoughts. It's none of your business about how they are raised or what they intend to do or not do.
You can slam as many people that you wish, but use caution. Some people may take offense.
Oh, by the way it's spelled Extremely vs. Axtremely.
Old 06-02-05, 04:25 PM   #13
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=bassnman30 link=board=news;num=1117575277;start=0#11 date=06/02/05 at 14:53:39]Lizardsrule,
The guy who's trailer got damaged is a friend of mine. I stand by my words ref. his situation.
The other comment was from an individual who needed some advice ref. to fishing a pond.
Whether this body of water is private or public it shouldn't matter. This guy was wondering what he should take.
Don't worry about my kids and there thoughts. It's none of your business about how they are raised or what they intend to do or not do.
You can slam as many people that you wish, but use caution. Some people may take offense.
Oh, by the way it's spelled Extremely vs. Axtremely.[/quote]

Proving the point the only thing that is important to you, is if it's directly related to you. Not what is right or wrong. I will correct my spelling error immediately

Lizards
Old 06-02-05, 05:11 PM   #14
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

The trailer does not belong to me. The item belongs to a friend of mine so therefore I give him my reguards.
Yes, it is in my best interest, so what.
Just like the fellow who wants to know what to bring fishing. I tell him what "I" think. Whats the big deal?
Whether he's poaching or not is the least of my concerns.

Do you want my reguards ? Please stop attempting to degrade my decisions.
There, you have my reguards.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.