Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-06, 12:49 PM   #1
Zach_BassFisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Lake Tips??

Hey i need some help, im going to grand lake in oklahoma this weekend and i need to know what is best to use to fish with at a lake?? I normally just fish ponds and rivers but for the past couple years i have been going to the lake and ive only caught 1 bass and plenty of white bass and i need to catch some more bass so i need some tips guys

Lake tips any1 on what to use????
Zach_BassFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 12:54 PM   #2
bassguy2004

Since you are going, here is a site which may help you. Plus you might give them a call if there is a phone number. I hope this helps.
Old 04-12-06, 03:53 PM   #3
nb1226
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to nb1226

Your small water experience on big lakes, you would be surprised how much it will pay off
nb1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 11:38 PM   #4
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i am from southwest missouri and so i have fished grand but it has been a while. we used to catch a lot of bass flipping black and blue salt craws around boat docks but that was usually while night fishing. i would still use it as a good place to start it might produce a pattern for ya.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-06, 10:56 PM   #5
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb1226
Your small water experience on big lakes, you would be surprised how much it will pay off
My thoughts exactly. Bass are bass-what works in a pond will work in a lake. Fish the same types of places and you should be OK.
Old 04-13-06, 11:48 PM   #6
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

I gotta disagree with everybody. Your small water experience will only help a little. This lake is a whole different animal especially in the Spring. I fished a team classic there a few years ago and the lake will rise and fall 4' overnight. We were in the top 10 going into day 2 then they dropped the bottom out of the lake. We couldn't find our fish again.

The best piece of advice I can give is if the lakes up and you find the fish shallow make every cast count. If they drop the lake go to the closest deep water whether it's a point, creek channel, whatever. Your fish shouldnt completely leave they'll just suspend and be harder to catch.

I hope this helps and I hope I didn't discourage you, it is a great lake.
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-06, 09:35 PM   #7
Zach_BassFisherman

Default ok

ok i like ur guys' tips, i didnt get to go last week, but im going this week, so do i just use the normal things i have been using at ponds and rivers??
Zach_BassFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-06, 09:39 PM   #8
IL.bassin36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach_BassFisherman
ok i like ur guys' tips, i didnt get to go last week, but im going this week, so do i just use the normal things i have been using at ponds and rivers??
Zach you gonna have t let the fish dictate what to use. We were catching them on crankbaits (wigglewarts & rattletraps) but they were in pre-spawn.
Old 04-18-06, 09:42 PM   #9
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL.bassin
Zach you gonna have t let the fish dictate what to use. We were catching them on crankbaits (wigglewarts & rattletraps) but they were in pre-spawn.
I think you oughta change your name to MR Crankbait I did fish with one other guy who was also pretty darn good with cranks. I would like to see you 2 have a fish off with crankbaits

Lizards
Old 04-18-06, 11:00 PM   #10
WTL

Small water experience will help if you decide to sit down and concentrate on a small area of a larger lake, like 1 creek, or even a cove...and live or die by that small area. I do that often, break larger lakes up into areas and just concentrate rather than dissapate, and it works. Of course I can't run and gun quite as effectivly as the guys in the 75 mph fiberglass boats.
Old 04-18-06, 11:01 PM   #11
IL.bassin36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule
I think you oughta change your name to MR Crankbait I did fish with one other guy who was also pretty darn good with cranks. I would like to see you 2 have a fish off with crankbaits

Lizards
Well I really wanted to be known as Pig-N-Jig now I'm thinking better of it
Old 04-19-06, 04:13 PM   #12
GorillaWarfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach_BassFisherman

I fished grand last week and we had some luck with spinnerbaits and crankbaits around dropoffs off points. It was my first time at grand so I really couldn't tell you where on the lake we were. Also my friend that fishes Grand and Spavinaw a lot likes the old silver xrap on both lakes. Hope this helps.
GorillaWarfare is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.