Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-05, 09:17 PM   #1
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Transom Saver Question....

Just got a transom saver for my small boat. Its not obvious on the package, but after you open the thing up theres a little writing on the transom saver that says you need power trim and tilt to use it. My question is essentially, what the hell for???? I'm sure they have some reason, but I'd like to know what it is before I jerryrig my way around it.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 06:17 PM   #2
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Re: Transom Saver Question....

you use the tilt trim to press the transom saver to your trailer. i would not recomend one on a small motered boat . the transome saver it too protect the transome it self from being tore off when hauling your boat over rough roads the bouncing moter is basicly like a 500 gorilla jumping up and down on your transome.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 07:41 PM   #3
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Well zook, the reason I got one was because lately I have been paying special attention to watch how the motor has been reacting to each bump in the road I've hit, and I just don't like the way its bouncing. Its causing the aluminum to flex a little on the back, leading to a few of the rivets leaking and I'm worried about stressing the aluminum enough to cause it to break. Maybe the damn thing is more for my peace of mind than anything else. I guess I will have to figure a way though to keep the transom saver tight since the trim is meant to tilt into it.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 01:33 AM   #4
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

WTL,

There is one model that is made for motors without trim/tilt. It has a mounting stub shaft that is bolted to the trailer, then the transom saver is held to the stub shaft with a clip pin. The yoke that the motor sits in has a rubber tarp strap that goes across the motor and hooks into the far side of the transom saver to keep the lower unit from jumping around on the transom saver. Very few places carry them, but some of the boat shops will order them for you.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 03:33 PM   #5
notabassmaster
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to notabassmaster

These are must haves if you plan on pulling your boat any distance at all.
notabassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.