Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-05, 08:23 PM   #1
Scott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Scott
Default Reservoir Largemouth

I have a couple of questions for you guys that I hope you will answer?

1. There are five local reservoirs in my area. I only target two of them though. The one has big bass but not very much cover. Lots of rocks though. Water is really stained. Any tips or suggestions?

2. The other reservoir i target, has a lot of cover with medium sized bass. The thing about this one is that the water is almost all drained out by my city in the summer time. Only a few reeds in this one but a few submerged weedbeds. Any tips or suggestions???
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 08:30 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Reservoir Largemouth

ok. the first ? has been answered for you many times. unless you dont read, then the stained water ? you should know. for the second ?, how do you know there is only medium sized bass there? unless they have began to drain it, then the fishin should be the same as always. fish a weedless/weightless worm artificial worm over the submerged weeds. and the same for the other weeds.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 09:17 PM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Quote:
Lots of rocks though.
That's cover. Since there is stained water and not many weeds I'd throw a lipped crankbait you can pull through the rocks which will bang and bounce off of them and can generate strikes, a lipless crankbait parallel to the bank and a Carolina rig. Stained water + rocks I'd throw either a crawfish colored bait or chartreuse/black or blue back crankbait.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 09:39 PM   #4
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

You may not see cover on the bank but trust me most reservoirs have tons of cover that you cant see..stumps, rocks , ledges, old road beds , and small hills and even a channel
Most have fallen limbs that sink from surrounding trees, and most have vegetation
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 11:39 PM   #5
Park
BassFishin.Com Member

hey jb, have you ever tried lockingrin lake?
Park is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.