Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-05, 09:04 PM   #1
sumal
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sumal
Default Need help ! fishing a pond

i went out to the pond i usually fish today and only caught one fish. because i watched the flw tour on espn today i tried looking for cover where the bass would hide under. there is none except one log where i caught the bass in the photo. please tell me where to put a lure in this pond if you can

sumal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 09:10 PM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: Need help ! fishing a pond

Looks like you were in the right place-that blowdown in the background of the picture of the fish looks like a great spot.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 09:15 PM   #3
bassbum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassbum

Looks like an awesome place 2 fish. Sandra
bassbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 09:18 PM   #4
sumal
BassFishin.Com Member

yeah me and my buds have a good time there 8)
Old 06-12-05, 09:29 PM   #5
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

please tell me where to put a lure in this pond if you can

that is funny right there ;D a true classic 8) i really cant tell ya where to ''put'' your lure...but if those laydowns are the only cover in the lake, i would fish that area.....also that water looks clear....see if you can see any submerged grass or tree limbs.....also deep water is a good place to fish. try a search bait like a spinnerbait to locate the bass....the bass in the pic looks really nice. actually on second investigation of the 2 pics.....is there areas in the pond that are clearer then others? in the first pic the water looks like it is fairly clear...and in the second it looks more murky...i would fish the clear areas of the pond and see if you can get any bass out of that....
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 09:32 PM   #6
sumal
BassFishin.Com Member

its actually really murky water so i cant see any weed beds. ill just try to find em with a spinner
Old 06-12-05, 09:54 PM   #7
Mikey
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikey

we have a small pond in the woods that me and my friends fish and no one owns it so we just cut 3 pine trres that were near ech other so they have a place to hide and all wich equals a spot to fish
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 09:59 PM   #8
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

somebody ownes it........be carefull no law officials dont catch you...can you say destructing private propery?
Old 06-12-05, 10:40 PM   #9
rapalaman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to rapalaman

try drop offs in the summer but this time of year also bass ar close to the bank so just fish the bank and work it slow with a jig and pig or plastic worm if u hit the bass in the head or hit their bed they WILL bite!!!
good fishin
rapalaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 10:40 PM   #10
Mikey
BassFishin.Com Member

i know btu i think maybe the power pole ppl own it cuz we ride dirtbikes near the pond they dont care as long we are not doing drugs and stuff back there. i mean im sure the cops would rather us be fishing instead of stealing stuff as long as the people who own the land dont care
Old 06-12-05, 10:46 PM   #11
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

its more then likely county or state property...and it aint up to the cops.....more times then none the county or state will give you a warning if you are caught because you guys being back in the woods around water is just too big of a liability. especially if you guys are back there cuttin trees down. and if you go back they will arrest you. the cops get orders from the state or county to not allow people on the land. and the cops cant say whether or not you can stay...they will loose their jobs....but as long as you feel comfortable back there....its your life....i am guilty of doing the same thing....but i aint back there cuttin trees down....i just fish....and leave no trace i was ever there.
Old 06-12-05, 10:48 PM   #12
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

matt dont be surprised if those pine trees dont produce at first, they throw off some kind of acid smell when they start to get water logged, but later down the road it will hold all sorts of fish, however if you didn't anchor them down expect them to float or move after any big strom goes threw,,you had the right idea tho, give them something to hold against
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 11:31 PM   #13
sumal
BassFishin.Com Member

i wish i had a pond in the woods i could go to. you cant see but the pic but theres a major highway 202-206 right behind where i am standing
Old 06-13-05, 06:52 PM   #14
Mikey
BassFishin.Com Member

yeah thats true i have oen side of the trees on the bank but im in texas now so i hope i can get back in time before those hurricanes come. they say it's going to be worse this year then last. idk how florida can take. i swear 30 people moved out of my subdivion after the hurricanes. i kinda liek ti thought cuz i live in the woods and i help my neighbors and get 10 an hr. got to have money for the fishin
Old 06-13-05, 08:08 PM   #15
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

your really gunna like it when it messes up the fishin even more then it already has.......there is not 1 thing good about a damn huuricane! (the football team included.... ;D)
Old 06-13-05, 09:07 PM   #16
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

Quote:
there is not 1 thing good about a damn huuricane!
Don't tell that to The Weather Channel. When hurricanes are killing people and doing incalculable damage, that's when they get their highest ratings.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-05, 10:15 PM   #17
hershey
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to hershey

[quote author=bassfisher02 link=board=news;num=1118621052;start=0#14 date=06/13/05 at 19:08:59]your really gunna like it when it messes up the fishin even more then it already has.......there is not 1 thing good about a damn huuricane! Â* Â* (the football team included.... ;D)[/quote]

I went fishing today at a small pond and since we live right were TS arlene blew threw, I wasnt expecting much luck. Too my suprise, the water was alot clearer than usual and within the 1 hour that I fished there, I had caught 5 average size bass, and 1 4 pounder! This is about how good I do at this pond in 2 hours, minus the big bass. I know that Tropical storms are alot less destructive than hurricanes, but why the heck was the fishing better than before the storm?
hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-05, 10:18 PM   #18
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

It has to do with barometric pressure(spelling).
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-05, 10:20 PM   #19
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i dont know....but go down to lake ''o'' and try to fish it....it wont be good in a looooongggg time thanks to the 'canes. the fishin wasnt so bad in ponds after the hurricanes...but in bigger lakes it had a pretty bad effect on them. power, that would be before the storm, after the storms fishin usually really sucks.
Old 06-13-05, 11:33 PM   #20
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman

"your really gunna like it when it messes up the fishin even more then it already has.......there is not 1 thing good about a damn huuricane! (the football team included.... ) "

Yeah there is at least for me it means money $$$ for the bait monkey to use!!! (landscape and tree business)
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-05, 11:44 PM   #21
goombass

I fish a lot of ponds and the best advise I ever got Il pass on to you. 1 any change in bottom structre can hold bass 2 over hanging trees and wees are frequently the best spots to look 3 never throw your lure where you think the fish is throw it past the spot and reel it in front of the fish This last bit of info has helped me the most
Old 06-14-05, 05:01 PM   #22
FishinMommy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FishinMommy

THe fish are telling you something here. They are probably deep and are out on mainlake ledges of points or differences in the bottom conture. Fish a carolina rig or dropshots of do some crankbaiting!
FishinMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-05, 06:46 PM   #23
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

Another tip to add to those 3:

If the water is very calm, ALWAYS be prepared for the fish to hit your lure INSTANTLY.

Sometimes bass are in what I call "detonation mode." This means that they are waiting in ambush, waiting for something to touch the water nearby, whether it be an insect landing on the water or a worm being dropped by a careless bird.

If this is the case and you cast a plastic worm or senko over the fish, BANG. Get your line tight as quick as you can and set the hook!
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.