Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-05, 04:24 PM   #1
Bin
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bin
Default vanish line

what do you think about berkleys new vanish transition line . should i get it or save my money and use mono???
Bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 07:07 PM   #2
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass
Default Re: vanish line

get it, don't waste your money on mono, less line visibility=more fish.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 07:18 PM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Rodman_Rob link=board=news;num=1117135479;start=0#1 date=05/26/05 at 18:07:36]get it, don't waste your money on mono, less line visibility=more fish.[/quote]

Nope I promised myself I wouldn't tonight :-X :-X

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 08:15 PM   #4
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=news;num=1117135479;start=0#2 date=05/26/05 at 18:18:41]

Nope I promised myself I wouldn't tonight :-X :-X

Lizards
[/quote]

??? wouldn't what?

mention something about the search function on the site or something about my response?
Old 05-26-05, 08:34 PM   #5
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Bob, I have one rod spooled with Vanish. So far it has worked well, but I have heard it has problems after being exposed to UV light-time will tell.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 09:16 PM   #6
redneck13
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to redneck13

I love Vanish;it's just so expensive! I'm fishing Berkley mono,but I really like Vanish for subsurface applications .The line really does "disappear" .
redneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 09:27 PM   #7
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

that stuff vanishes above and below water, anybody tried the Transistion line? Bait monkey has been whispering to me for weeks to pick some up in a 14lbs test. Somehow I've eluded his commands for the line, but he sure has been yelling "LURES" a hole bunch the last fee days.................$274 on lures in the last week between BPS, Walmart, Kmart (local store HAD 50% off the clearance price on bombers, matzuo, berkly, and some Bill Dance topwaters, I said HAD cause I bought all they had left, sales over), and Sports Authority. Now all I need is some time to test them all.
Old 05-27-05, 09:26 PM   #8
jason
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jason

this is my new fav line man it works well. never had any prob with it
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 12:38 AM   #9
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Rodman_Rob link=board=news;num=1117135479;start=0#3 date=05/26/05 at 19:15:54]

??? wouldn't what?

mention something about the search function on the site or something about my response?[/quote]

OK, " FOR THE RECORD"

I don't believe for one second the line being visible or not has anything to do with catching bass. There are too many other varibles that will affect catching fish, but IMO line visibilty has nothing to do with it. If you believe it fine, but if fish were smart enough to make a connection to line, why wouldn't they make a connection to a hook, or swivel, or anything else that is visible. How many fish have you caught on a crankbait, with trebble hooks dangling off of them, or a Topwater popper or buzzbait, or any of a 1000 of things that are visible, but obviously don't keep fish from biting them. I have caught fish is super clear water, fishing weightless plastics, which is the ultimate in Finesse fishing for finicky bass, and use Fireline, and Powerpro braid. If YOU BELIEVE it makes a difference, then fine, it just helps your confidence. I will continue to use the VISIBLE LINES. The diameter of the line can make a difference on fall speeds, and depths reached, but it sure doesn't keep the fish from biting IMO. I have fished next to tons of guys using Flourocarbon lines, and mono, and have not had any less bites then they have. The only difference is that I don't break off nearly as often as they do. I wasn't trying to be a jerk posting earlier, we have just had this discussion numerous times. There are those who believe it makes a difference, those who don't know if it makes a difference, and then those of us who don't think it has any bearing at all. It the same thing as the red hook craze to me. If you want invisibilty, then why use a Bright Red Hook? That's as counter productive as you can get. And please don't say that red dissappears quicker than any other color, because I know that. So does a Red hook dissapear? No it just is seen as a different shade, after the red is no longer visible. So use what you have confidence in. However I don't believe because it flourocarbon, VANISH, or any of the other hundereds of lines that are advertised as Invisible, that it will make you get more bites, other than it's floatability, or diameter, for other reasons, not it's visibility factor.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 12:12 PM   #10
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Lizardsrule,
I've often thought about the facts that you state. I currently use flourocarbon, but have caught as many big fish with regular mono.
The cost is not that much of an issue as is the other factors, I.E. sensitivity, stretch, invisibility,etc..
As you stated, a fish cannot tell what the lure is connected to. Whether it's flouro. or regular mono.
I'm still in consideration of these facts.
The only factors that I have is the stretch and the sensitivity as well as the abrasion resistance.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.