Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-05, 08:20 PM   #1
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman
Default SPOTSTICKER JIGS

Â* Â* Has anyone seen the "spotsticker" jigs that Larry of ALABAMALAKES was talking about a couple months ago? Â*When Larry was talking about Spotstickers, I assumed that they were for fishing for smallmouth or spots. I saw them on a TV show a couple days ago, and they look awsome. They look like a lead "Hershey Kiss" with a hook sticking out of the top. The line tie is along the front edge of the lure. You thread a plastic lure, like a worm, lizard, tube, etc on the lure and it stands straight up off the bottom, instead of laying on the bottom like most jigs. Pull up Larry's site and look at them http://www.alabamalakes.com

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 08:24 PM   #2
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: SPOTSTICKER JIGS

[quote author=JackL link=board=news;num=1112397659;start=0#0 date=04/01/05 at 18:20:59]
Â* Â* Has anyone seen the "spotsticker" jigs that Larry of ALABAMALAKES was talking about a couple months ago? Â*When Larry was talking about Spotstickers, I assumed that they were for fishing for smallmouth or spots. I saw them on a TV show a couple days ago, and they look awsome. They look like a lead "Hershey Kiss" with a hook sticking out of the top. The line tie is along the front edge of the lure. You thread a plastic lure, like a worm, lizard, tube, etc on the lure and it stands straight up off the bottom, instead of laying on the bottom like most jigs. Pull up Larry's site and look at them www.alabamalakes.com .

JackL [/quote]

http://www.Alabamalakes.com

There you go JackL

I remember that I believe it was Jim Reneau that had some awhile ago. But I thought it was just a basic weighted jig head?

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 08:31 PM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i looked under jig heads, didnt find the spotsticker jig heads, did see stand up jig heads. they looked like what you described. they look pretty good.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 08:35 PM   #4
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

he sent me some samples,if they are the ones with the red hooks.caught a ton of smallies on them...but they are not a very strong hooks.also the red wears off in no time when bouncing around riprap.but they worked good with or without the red.
shhhhhhh don't tell anyone :-X.one killer way is to put half or a little less than half of a 5 or 6 in.red shad senko on it and drag and hop it on the bottom.(got LM's the same way.)
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 09:27 PM   #5
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

These jigs are designed for true finesse fishing, not a beefed up small bait that falls like a rock, this bait has a very slow fall and glides along the bottom.

3/16 oz -- 3/0 or 4/0 eagle claw hook
Available Colors Below:
1. Â* Green Pumpkin
2. Â* Green Pumpkin / Orange
3. Â* Black/Blue Flake
4. Â* Watermelonseed
5. Â* Gourd Green
6. Â* Pumpkinseed
7. Â* Black
8. Â* White

Special colors may be ordered!!

Â*
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 10:09 PM   #6
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

I didn't see any spotstickers when I clicked "Jigs and jigheads." I ordered 50 spotsticker heads a few years ago because they had 3/16 oz. which are hard to find around here. They're plain round heads with light wire and the points seemed not quite as sharp as other jigheads I've had. They rave about these things on another forum, but I don't know what the big deal is.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 11:27 PM   #7
dave_in_fl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to dave_in_fl

[quote author=Marty link=board=news;num=1112397659;start=0#5 date=04/01/05 at 20:09:20]They're plain round heads[/quote]

They are not round heads, they have a flat spot that makes them stand up on the bottom giving the trailer a natural craws defense posture.

You didn't have a real deal, spot remover is the original, if i am not mistaken spotsticker had to change their name for trademark or patent infringement issues with spot remover jigs. This may be why they are not called spotstickers on the site (i didnt see them there either at least not listed as spot stickers)
dave_in_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 11:54 PM   #8
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

CULLIN,

I didn't see them on Larry's site either. I saw a stand up jig, but it was not the one they were using on TV. The ones I saw on TV had a screw thread gismo sticking out of the head. You screwed the plastic down on the screw threads and then rigged the hook into it texposed. The lead head was shaped just like a Hershey chocolate kiss with the hook sticking out the top. I have never seen them before, but would like to get my hands on some in 1/8 or 3/16.

JackL
Old 04-02-05, 12:02 AM   #9
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i think i have found what you are lookin for jack, and they are for sale. are these them?
heres the website: http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?s...t_remover.html
Old 04-02-05, 12:08 AM   #10
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

I think that alabamalakes stopped producing spotsticker jigs because they got in some lawsuit with another company that had the name "spot remover"
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 12:39 AM   #11
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Yeah, Larry posted it on here once before saying that the Spot Remover company wrote him a letter telling him that he had to change the name due to copyright crap. There is a big difference in Spot Remover and Spot sticker, but evidentally Spot Remover is afraid of a little competition
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 10:49 AM   #12
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Â* Â* That's the items! I just wish they would tell what size the hook is. I am afraid that a large "creatcher" bait would ball up in the throat of the hook if they are not using EWG hooks.
Â* Â* Funny thing is that the anglers I saw using these jigs on TV were calling them "Spotsticker" Jigs instead of "Spot Remover" jigs, but they were shaped like the "Spot Remover" jigs. I'll bet the company was pulling thier hair out over that slip.

JackL
Old 04-02-05, 06:44 PM   #13
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

JackL, have you ever fished the renosky jighead or the jewel finesse jighead. It is the same idea type jighead. P N J http://www.jewelbait.com/?from=bassdozer.com
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 09:47 PM   #14
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Re: SPOTSTICKER JIGShttp://www.spotsticker.com/spo

[quote author=cullin8s link=board=news;num=1112397659;start=0#6 date=04/01/05 at 21:27:01]

They are not round heads, they have a flat spot that makes them stand up on the bottom giving the trailer a natural craws defense posture.

You didn't have a real deal, spot remover is the original, if i am not mistaken spotsticker had to change their name for trademark or patent infringement issues with spot remover jigs. This may be why they are not called spotstickers on the site (i didnt see them there either at least not listed as spot stickers) [/quote]
Dwain, my Spotsticker heads are round, as I stated originally. I'm not sure of the history of the Removers and Spotstickers and I wasn't aware that Larry made them, because a couple of other guys own Spotsticker.

These are what my heads look like and the address where they can be found.

http://www.spotsticker.com/spotsticker.htm
Old 04-02-05, 10:21 PM   #15
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Looks just like basic jighead to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is what they look like.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 10:23 PM   #16
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i have jig heads that look just like those marty, and they arnt spotstickers, so if you got those then you could pretty much get any round jig head and it would do the same thing.
Old 04-02-05, 11:50 PM   #17
dave_in_fl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to dave_in_fl

I read about the spot stickers they are basically a round ball head that has a longer shank hook so that you can rig the soft plastic bait texas rigged on them. Not the same critter as a spot remover which is a form of standup jig.
dave_in_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-05, 10:56 AM   #18
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: SPOTSTICKER JIGShttp://www.spotsticker.com/spo

[quote author=Marty link=board=news;num=1112397659;start=0#13 date=04/02/05 at 19:47:17]
Dwain, my Spotsticker heads are round, as I stated originally. I'm not sure of the history of the Removers and Spotstickers and I wasn't aware that Larry made them, because a couple of other guys own Spotsticker.

These are what my heads look like and the address where they can be found.

http://www.spotsticker.com/spotsticker.htm[/quote]

Marty,

That's exactly what I thought the "Spotsticker" was, except it was shown with a fluke rigged on it, with an exsposed hook.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-05, 03:09 PM   #19
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

JackL, Look in here. http://www.nbswebstore.com/cgi-bin/w...id=1634826_808
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-05, 08:56 PM   #20
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=bassfisher02 link=board=news;num=1112397659;start=0#15 date=04/02/05 at 20:23:52]i have jig heads that look just like those marty, and they arnt spotstickers, so if you got those then you could pretty much get any round jig head and it would do the same thing.[/quote]

Quote:
I read about the spot stickers they are basically a round ball head that has a longer shank hook so that you can rig the soft plastic bait texas rigged on them. Not the same critter as a spot remover which is a form of standup jig.
I agree with both of you. I ordered them because I wanted the hard-to-find 3/16 oz, not because they were anything special. But as I mentioned, they rave about the things on another forum and I don't know why.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.