Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-09, 08:23 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Can i hear a roll tide?!?

How about a roll tide? Hahaha, bama is dominating this game. Ingram for the heisman!
Old 12-05-09, 09:08 PM   #2
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I saw part of that game at the restaurant tonight, and I told the wife "I bet John's a happy camper right about now".....lol
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 11:15 PM   #3
bcklash

The Tide was awesome. Dominating both sides of the line. They are going to be hard to beat.
Old 12-06-09, 02:05 AM   #4
keithdog

That was a great game. I really enjoyed watching them kick Floridas behind like they did. Wish my dad was still around to see the game. He was a huge Alabama fan. Not sure why since he was born and raised here in northern Indiana, lol. GO TIDE!
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-09, 09:08 AM   #5
WTL

John, you got a big Roll Tide!

Everything about this season is storybook. Its starting to get a little ridiculous if you ask me how things have fallen into place. Had Tiffen hit the ep, the final would have been 34-13. Going back to the Rose Bowl. Playing Texas. McElroy beat Tebow. And out of nowhere, and despite auburn selling out to stop Ingram and Ingram only, he will probably win the Heisman. Weird.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-09, 10:19 AM   #6
Bassboss

ROLL TIDE!!

They kicked some gator @$$!!!

btw, guys, I'm a noles and Tide fan if you're wondering why I not doing the gator snap!
Old 12-06-09, 11:29 AM   #7
bamabassman

ALABAMA-TEXAS! And if Texas plays like they did last night................ NUMBER 13 CHAMPIONSHIP IS IN THE BAG. That is IF we continue to play like we did. I ain't counting my chickens till they are hatched and pecking around.
Old 12-06-09, 03:01 PM   #8
BamaCoast
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BamaCoast

Great game by Greg McElroy. He saved his best game for Florida. Roll Tide Roll.
BamaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-09, 03:14 PM   #9
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
I ain't counting my chickens till they are hatched and pecking around.
That's a good idea John.

HOOK EM' HORNS
Old 12-06-09, 11:25 PM   #10
bamabassman

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA KORY! I have been waiting for you to post here. Now about the outfit we sent for the boy.................lmao.
I KNOW that daniel and louann are gonna put theirs on little caitlyn, and our neices and nephews are wearing theirs too. But i tell you what pal. Laken doesn't "have" to wear his till the end of the game IF bama wins. But if we win, you put it on him (even if it is too big still) and post a picture for everyone. DEAL? ther are already pictures of me wearing a TENN cap AND a VT cap. And if you send me one, and TEXAS wins, i will wear it and post a picutre on here. What do you say?

NOTE THIS ALSO, i still want the texas cap. Along with your avatar name, real name and and all jsut like bcklash and bandit did.
Old 12-07-09, 12:37 AM   #11
BustinBass197
BassFishin.Com Member

ROLL TIDE. I took a picture of Tebow crying with the final score below it and saved it as my screen saver on my phone.
BustinBass197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 12:56 AM   #12
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA KORY! I have been waiting for you to post here. Now about the outfit we sent for the boy.................lmao.
I KNOW that daniel and louann are gonna put theirs on little caitlyn, and our neices and nephews are wearing theirs too. But i tell you what pal. Laken doesn't "have" to wear his till the end of the game IF bama wins. But if we win, you put it on him (even if it is too big still) and post a picture for everyone. DEAL? ther are already pictures of me wearing a TENN cap AND a VT cap. And if you send me one, and TEXAS wins, i will wear it and post a picutre on here. What do you say?

NOTE THIS ALSO, i still want the texas cap. Along with your avatar name, real name and and all jsut like bcklash and bandit did.
That's a deal John. However I have this feeling deep down in my stomach that Lake will have to dawn the crimson and cream for a photo-op. If Mcoy makes good decisions and doesn't try to force the ball into tight coverage then I think Texas can hang with anyone but the offense better show up for them because even as good as their defense is, there is no way they will beat Alabama with their defense.
Old 12-07-09, 12:57 AM   #13
Rebbasser

Hope they kick the crap out of the nutless bovines.
Old 12-07-09, 03:13 AM   #14
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbasser View Post
hope they kick the crap out of the nutless bovines.
wow......................
Old 12-07-09, 10:41 PM   #15
bamabassman

HUH REB? Hahahahahahahahha.
Old 12-08-09, 06:25 PM   #16
3dkicker

Can someone 'splain what the heck a crimson tide and an elephant have to do with a university or better yet a football team?? Seems a little hinky to me.....but I'm just sayin'
Old 12-08-09, 08:04 PM   #17
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Can someone 'splain what the heck a crimson tide and an elephant have to do with a university or better yet a football team?? Seems a little hinky to me.....but I'm just sayin'
First, you gotta be something. What is a knickerbocker? A Hokie? I know what a lion is, but what makes one "nittany" and what is "nittany"?

So my first response is that "crimson tide" is way better than just being lazy and being tigers or bulldogs.

These names are almost always old, so figuring out just what goes into them can be inexact.

I have heard that crimson tide can refer to a condition that sometimes happens in saltwater where the water turns red from some sort of algae. Happens in the gulf of mexico often.

I have also heard that originally alabama's football team was referred to the thin red line. Then, we played auburn and beat them in the mud, which in alabama is a very deep red clay, and somebody called them the crimson tide.

The elephant too, because associated with the university because of what a sportswriter said, sometime in the 30s I think. The elephant actually wasn't officially a mascot until much later, the guy in the elephant suit didn't show up till the early 80s.

There was a widespread rumor a couple years ago that we were getting a live elephant to take to football games. But then, considering how dangerous a full sized elephant would be in a stadium full of crazy people, and also considering their frequent and indiscriminate bathroom behavoir, I think the university made the right decision and kept the guy in the suit.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 08:17 PM   #18
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I know what a lion is, but what makes one "nittany" and what is "nittany"?
I thought I knew the answer to this and I was pretty much right, I googled it and...............

They are called Nittany Lions because of Mountain Lions that roamed the area and because of Mount Nittany which is a local landmark.

I knew it had to do with Mount Nittany and since their mascot looks like a regular old mountain lion I kinda guessed this must be the reason for the Nittany Lions but wasn't sure.
Old 12-08-09, 10:50 PM   #19
bamabassman

I remember where we got the nickname "CRIMSON TIDE". A sportswriter was reporting on a bama game and i think it was a ROSE bowl game which bama won way back in the 30's. Anyway, he wrote that the team was so huge, they looked like a CRIMSON WAVE running down the feild. Thus......CRIMSON TIDE. The elephant i really can't remember when exactly they got that for a mascot, most liely the same era. And billy.. i like the mount cody thing. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Yea, we got a suit bigg enough to fit him, That is why we only got him for his final 2 years of college. I heard they grew a special field of cotton just to have enough to make his uniform. lol.
Old 12-09-09, 04:54 PM   #20
3dkicker

Knickerbockers were a men's or boys' baggy knee trousers particularly popular in the early twentieth century.

What is a Hokie? The origin of the word "Hokie" has nothing to do with a turkey. It was coined by O. M. Stull (class of 1896), who used it in a spirit yell he wrote for a competition.

Don't you just love google? You can learn all kinds of stupid stuff.....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.