Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-05, 12:01 AM   #1
singerloo
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to singerloo
Default Live Bait Bobber Rig.

Ok, I've been trying out this new thing.
I catch a small bluegill (it's legal here) put him on a bobber rig at a depth of about 1-2 feet, and fish it in late afternoon, when fish come up to surface. I've seen a couple really big boys come up to surface, and thought the best way to get a shot at those is to send bobber rig with the real thing (live bait). Haven't caught one yet, but have I have a feeling I'm going to.

anyone find this method effective? (especially at a slow moving creek-like stream)

seaphantom
singerloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-05, 12:44 AM   #2
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan
Default Re: Live Bait Bobber Rig.

Sometimes, I use this technique, but I don;t really like to....>First of all, i personally preer chubs to bluegills....Second, I have wasted a bunch of time trying to catch a bluegill that is exactly the right size. Don't get me wrong, your technique is very effective, but try a topwater next time you are fishing toward evening... They can really be on this pattern if they are active.

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-05, 11:40 AM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Give the Storm swim baits a try, in bluegill color. Yes I've used that method before, and it does work. The problem is waiting for the bass to get the thing in his mouth correctly to set the hook. I once had a three pounder I couldn't catch with any artificails. So I caught a bluegill and threw it out. the bass grabbed it, and about 1 minute later was still trying to get it down(too big for it) I tried to set the hook 2 times, and after the second time, the bass quit messing with the bluegill. So try smaller ones if you are going to do this.

Lizards

PS don't be surprised if a Big cat or something else hits it too. We have Gar here, and they just rip fish apart, and then eat them.
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-05, 12:03 AM   #4
singerloo
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to singerloo

Yes, I only use the really small ones (2-3 inches).
Catching a cat would be nice, I don't care. lol

thanks,

seaphantom
singerloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.