Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-07, 09:03 AM   #11
InEccess
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to InEccess

I'll elaborate on why I dislike my job. First of all, it's in the aviation field. I know that sounds like a good job, but I'm the person who fuels planes, tow's planes, and generally take care of the pilots and thier passengers. I don't even make $20,000 a year.

My department consists of 12 people, and we're open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As you can see, it's a skeleton crew every day of the week. We are also expected to do 3 other departments jobs, all of which have employee's that make atleast DOUBLE what we're making, on top of taking care of multi-million dollar aircraft, and we're about to take on a 4th department's job under the threat that we'll be replaced if we don't. So now, on top of taking care of planes, pilots, and thier passenger's... we've gotta watch a computer screen to see what's coming in, answer phones, make reservations for pilots and thier crew, clean the lobby, clean the hangers, and now clean the airplanes. We can't be everywhere at once.

Now, some might say I'm just a whiner and any job has it's disadvantages, but I haven't even gotten to the health problems caused by this job. Twice now, my back has gone out, leaving me condemned to a bed for weeks at a time while I see a Chiropractor 4 times a week. I'm only 24 and my back's already going out on me. That's just a job hazzard, like a baseball Catcher has knee problems, a tower WILL have back problems. Finding a new line of work is something my chiropractor recommends.

Next is the noise. I'm working around running jet engines almost my entire day, but I have to be able to hear the radio telling me what's coming next, so I have to leave 1 ear unprotected.

And thirdly, I'm breathing in toxic jet fuel fumes, not to mention jet exhaust. I'm sure that's not doing my brain cells much good. All this for $9.00 an hour with no chance of overtime. The company would rather have the shifts work short then pay someone overtime to take the place of the ill/injured worker. Then there's the ever-present fire-happy boss that makes going to work a joy and a job at the end of the week uncertainty.

And there in is my plight. But thank you all for letting me know what affords you time to fish, I might have to look into those fields.

-Ian

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.