Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 03-02-05, 02:27 AM   #301
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch
Default Re: Who is ready for some football?

Yeah, it's probably been out for 20+ years. Ask your dad about it. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 10:18 AM   #302
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

they are makin a new football movie called the longest yard. it hasnt came out yet. thats what i thought u were talkin about. but ill look into the old one
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 08:27 PM   #303
bassbum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassbum

Whats football?
Sandra
bassbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 08:30 PM   #304
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

[quote author=bassfisher02 link=board=Tourneys;num=1093729062;start=300#301 date=03/02/05 at 08:18:27]they are makin a new football movie called the longest yard. it hasnt came out yet. thats what i thought u were talkin about. but ill look into the old one[/quote]

Hate to tell ya but this is an old classic they are remaking. the old one has Burnt Rennolds it it I think.

Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 08:32 PM   #305
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i kno rob, the new one has adam sandler in it.
Old 03-03-05, 09:55 PM   #306
bassmaster111
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster111

football is way too slow of a game
bassmaster111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 10:58 PM   #307
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=bassin4ever link=board=Tourneys;num=1093729062;start=300#305 date=03/03/05 at 19:55:31]football is way too slow of a game[/quote]
uhhhhhhhhhhh wow. ur startin to sound like the aussies on the other board with their rugby ;D IMO the only faster game is rugby(just because they barely stop)
Old 03-03-05, 11:13 PM   #308
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

4ever apparently likes Lacrosse, which happens to actually be a pretty cool sport. Its just never caught on much in the US because of the dominance of the big 4. Same for rugby.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-05, 09:21 PM   #309
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

Lizard,
Did you hear the news today, we (the colts) lost Marcus Pollard to the Detroit Lions. Its a shame when we lose somebody on offense with his talent :'(.

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-05, 09:32 PM   #310
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Kybasser link=board=Tourneys;num=1093729062;start=300#308 date=03/07/05 at 19:21:06]Lizard,
Did you hear the news today, we (the colts) lost Marcus Pollard to the Detroit Lions. Its a shame when we lose somebody on offense with his talent :'(.

Kybasser[/quote]

No I didn't hear that today, but last week they were talking about leaving him uprotected(or whatever the term is), and The GM said it was strictly a salary cap isssue, and hoped he didn't get picked up and would still play here. They didn't want too, but you gotta make some tough decisions with the cap. I will say this, I was extremely ticked when the got rid of the last tight end, who was an allstar tight end IMO, but Marcus just moved in. There are so many guys with talent nowadays, it hard to pay one so much, when theres another one right next to him. Hey I do love Peyton, but with what they pay him, it's goona affect the rest of the team period. When that kinda of money goes to 1 guy, the rest are gonna be paid a lot less then perhaps is fair market for them. So it won't be the last time I'm sure. It's funny that they pay great players like Peyton so much, then the TEAM can't ever be Great, because they can't get some of the upper class guys, like for DEFENSE. Peyton will always be good(as long as he remains healthy), but he's hurting his own chances of winning a Superbowl, by getting paid so much.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-05, 09:42 PM   #311
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

OH I almost forgot, did you hear that the Government had a walk out last week by the democrats, which left tons of bills left to voted on, INCLUDING the new stadium? If they don't pass it, it's gonna be the same old talk about the Colts moving. I dislike 90% of the POLITICIANS, and this is just another thing to instill that in my mind. GO TO WORK AND DO YOUR JOBS. I do like our new governor, because he reemed then on the news, na dhtye they were crying and demanding an apology, and he said in a POLITICAL way, go to he!! and get to work 8)

Lizards
Old 03-07-05, 10:26 PM   #312
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Lizard,
I thought I heard that Jim Irsay the owner of the colts just renewed the contract to keep the colts in town for the next 20 plus years. It's like anything else Irsay will get fed up, threaten to leave town and then the politicians will get serious and find a way to keep them. I do agree that Peyton's money is going to hinder the team, but Peyton did say that he would be willing to give up some of his money to help the team. The next victim of the salary cap could be "The Edge", rumors are that we may trade him. The next couple of weeks will be interesting to see what happens around the league.

Kybasser
Old 03-07-05, 11:06 PM   #313
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Kybasser link=board=Tourneys;num=1093729062;start=300#311 date=03/07/05 at 20:26:21]Lizard,
I thought I heard that Jim Irsay the owner of the colts just renewed the contract to keep the colts in town for the next 20 plus years. It's like anything else Irsay will get fed up, threaten to leave town and then the politicians will get serious and find a way to keep them. I do agree that Peyton's money is going to hinder the team, but Peyton did say that he would be willing to give up some of his money to help the team. The next victim of the salary cap could be "The Edge", rumors are that we may trade him. The next couple of weeks will be interesting to see what happens around the league.

Kybasser[/quote]

As for Peyton that's the kind of things I expect out of him. However if he tuly wants to do it, the re-do the contract to leave the money there. I was always wondering if they could do something like, OK we'll pay you a lower salary for your years playing here, but when you're retired we will give you a guaranteed JOB say as a spokesman for the team, with 2 million a year guaranteed for x # of years. Then he'd still get his money, but would leave room during his playing time to pay others? As for Jim Irsay, he seems to want to be one of the HIGHEST market teams, which will never happen here. If he accepts being in the top 1/2 of the league, and keeps putting good teams on the field, then that will happen. The Mayor of Indianapolis(Bart Peterson) is now going on the road trying to get people to call/fax/email/write a letter to their representatives to get back to work to pass this bill. So to me that says we got issues if it isn't passed, becasue he's been the one negotiating with the team, and trying to get this approved, he's the biggest advocate of keeping the Colts HERE.

Lizards
Old 03-07-05, 11:14 PM   #314
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Lizard,
Something has to be done, because without the Colts what does Indiana have....The Pacers?

Kybasser
Old 03-07-05, 11:23 PM   #315
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Kybasser link=board=Tourneys;num=1093729062;start=300#313 date=03/07/05 at 21:14:24]Lizard,
Something has to be done, because without the Colts what does Indiana have....The Pacers?

Kybasser[/quote]

Well we also got cornfields, and COAL PITS ;D

Lizards
Old 03-08-05, 12:25 AM   #316
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Kybasser link=board=Tourneys;num=1093729062;start=300#313 date=03/07/05 at 21:14:24]Lizard,

Kybasser[/quote]
HAHA ;D good luck with the pacers. i knew that the colts were gunna fall apart one of these days
Old 03-08-05, 01:13 AM   #317
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

It's all about the politics these days. No matter what sport !! 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 07:33 PM   #318
bigcheese43
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigcheese43

shoot... i am so mad that randy moss got traded by the vikings. i mean yea he is a freak. but that freak is one of the best WR out there
bigcheese43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 07:50 PM   #319
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Bassfisher,
The cap salary will take its toll on every team, it is currently showing its face with the patriots, as well as my colts. No team will be left unaffected.

Kybasser
Old 03-25-05, 07:36 PM   #320
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

the thread almost slipped away. ;D while im here bumping it up, lets here your guys' opinion on Tom Brady-overrated or underrated? also do you think Ricky Williams is acyually giving up pot and returning to the NFL?
Old 03-25-05, 10:52 PM   #321
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Brady: Rated just about right. The guy wins and is a leader, who cares if his arm is average?

Williams - can go to hell. Don't think anybody would take him back, at least for big money.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-05, 12:29 AM   #322
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i agree with the ricky williams comment, altho, i think brady might be just alittle overrated. anyways:

******first glimse at college football*******
tommorrow i will be attending a scrimmage at the university of florida. its only practice but im glad to see anykind of football. hope to get some autograpghs and meet some of the players and the the coach, irvin meyer. i will let you all know how the gators look this year ;D
Old 03-26-05, 12:32 AM   #323
bigcheese43
BassFishin.Com Member

what team is going to benifit the most because of moss?

Raiders or Vikings?
Old 03-26-05, 12:58 AM   #324
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

definitly the vikings because they wont have to put up with his school girl BS anymore. he wasnt a great WR to begin with. he is only so well known because he likes to play his childish games because he cant always get what he wants. i think the raiders are gunna be dissapointed with their new player. just wait, he is gunna start his little school girl games over in oakland to, and i for one want to see the crowds reaction. had to let alittle steam out right there.

How about the seasons opener in MEXICO CITY, MEXICO between the 49'ers and the cardinals? why would they open in mexico? i dont like the idea at all.
Old 03-26-05, 01:08 AM   #325
bigcheese43
BassFishin.Com Member

yea i dont like that idea either. its just liek last years baseball opener in china. what up with that? and for football what does NFL stand for?

NATIONAL Football League. if its national shouldent be in the US?

thats just my opinion on that topic

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.