Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-05, 12:30 AM   #1
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1
Default Toho

So, anyone here ever fish lake west lake toho? I've got a tournament there on sunday and need some advice. Any hot spots, good lures, etc. Any help is appreciated.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-05, 12:31 AM   #2
fool4bassin
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fool4bassin
Default Re: Toho

im an east lake man so i cant help u but have some spinnerbaits and senkos ready ive always caught bass there on them be prepared for some 5lbers too
fool4bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-05, 12:36 AM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i think there is a huge mat of hydrilla and grass out in the middle, target it in the mourning with frogs. also, take a popper or buzzbait and fish the hydrilla and weed lines. and a spinnerbait along the weedlines would work. if there isnt mats in the middle i would focuse on dockas and any grass or lilly pads. good luck.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 05:36 AM   #4
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Whelp, leaving in just a minute for it. Gonna be rainy with a front moving through, but no temp difference.
Old 05-01-05, 05:44 AM   #5
n2b
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to n2b

good luck and try a jerkbait (soft and hard) or a weightless worm. ;D again good luck and do me a favor and catcha hawg for all of us at the board. ;D
n2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-05, 04:16 PM   #6
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Well I had a pretty lousy day at toho that could have been really good. Got out there rainy and pretty windy. We got out on the water and it stopped raining aroung 7.
First thing we do is head up a canal where there really wasn't much wind. First thing I got to throwing was a spinnerbait... with no trailer hook. :'( Anyways, a solid 3, maybe about 4 took my lure swimming toward me, no good hookset, he jumped and threw the bait. About 15 mins later on a spinnerbait, a bass I'm guessing about 6lb came and smacked my spinner, nealry ripped out of my hands. Thanks to having no trailerhook, I lost it and was about to shoot myself. (If I had gotten those two fish I'd have won the tournament) About 10 mins later literally about 6in from the boat I was taking my spinnerbait out of the water and a 1 1/2lb bass came up and smacked the lure, no chance of getting a good hookset.
And then it blew. The wind picked up and it got pretty chilly pretty fast. from that poin on the bite was off everywhere and hardly anyone in my tournament or in the BASS one at the same launch was able to catch many fish at all. I got another hit later from what felt like a 3# by fishing SLOW a 10in zoom worm w/ a 1/16 oz weight on a rocky ledge in about 9ft of water. My boater ended up with three, one on a spinnerbait and the other two with the same worm method. Oh well, I learned my lesson the hard way...
[glow=red,2,300][move]IT PAYS OFF TO BUY TRAILERHOOKS!!! [/move][/glow]
Old 05-02-05, 04:57 PM   #7
bronzebackguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bronzebackguy

dang sorry to hear that man, its tough to watch big fish smack your lure and not be able to land em, better luck next time
bronzebackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-05, 05:17 PM   #8
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

I agree, Hula-I rarely throw a spinnerbait and never throw a buzzbait without a trailer hook.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-05, 07:36 PM   #9
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Its not that I had trailerhooks and didn't use them, its just that I plain and simple didn't have any.
Old 05-02-05, 07:40 PM   #10
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

Did ya try to throw back a plastic after those bass swiped at your spinnerbait? Sometimes if the bass sees ya theres no way its going to bite again soon, but if they just side swiped your lure an missed try throwing a worm or grub or any other popular plastic and see what happens......
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-05, 07:43 PM   #11
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

I had one on a rod, but I kinda forgot to put it where I had immediate access to it. I put it at my side after missing that last fish, should have done it earlier.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.