Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-04, 09:20 AM   #1
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Crankbait Depth for Suspended Fish

I've been working crankbaits a lot more this year than any other time I've fished. Mainly because the fish have been suspended a lot more with the vegetation being sparse this year. I've had very little success, even after trying numerous techniques. I have had better luck with spinnerbaits this year however. Here's my questions.

1.Once you find the suspended fish at a certain depth(by your fish finder), should you select a crankbait that goes deeper than the fish or just above them. I assume ideally you would like to go right through them, but I am talking about selecting the right depth of crank bait. For example if the fish are suspended at say 11 feet, should I work a D-10 or a D-12 or something higher or lower.

2.I also would like to know which cranks in your opinions are the best suspending cranks. I prefer ones that rise up a little or suspend, even though I do like the lipless cranks, but they have to be cranked almost constantly to keep from dropping too far.

I've been using the bottom digging technique a lot with 0 success. Obviously I'm not great at cranks, but I feel it's one of the areas I need to work on to become a well rounded fisherman. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I don't want to be limited on what I feel confident in to use.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.