Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-05, 05:03 PM   #1
Kevin_T
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Kevin_T
Default Tournament Help

Next month(July 2 and 3) i will go to a tournament in a lake that i have never been before, know i know that the lake has lots of crawfish, and it has rocky bottom, whater its warm-hot and from stain to murky.
What could you thing that will work best? Tips?
Anything will help.

Diego
This The lake.

Kevin_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 05:43 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Tournament Help

man there are alot of points on that lake....i would targer those main points with a crankbaits....especially that one that right at the mouth of that river/creek....the bass should be almost out of post spawn...i would fish that cove to the left of that green arrow..... and also that cove that is almost cut off directly ontop of that arrow. i would fish deep rocks with a jig n pig....and shallow rocks and other cover/structure with a tiki dipstik either weightless or with a small bullet weight.....topwater early in the A.M in the mouths of those smaller coves....and back into those larger coves with maybe a popper.....i would also fish those isolated islands off of the shore...with a lizard/tiki stik/ or jig n pig....work the jig n pig kinda fast...what i mean is have a constant retrieve and raise and lower your rod...then every now and then let it stop.......good luck 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-05, 12:19 AM   #3
FishinMommy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FishinMommy

If it's hot as hell I would look for shady banks that are on channle bends and I would look for points that come close to the channles. If you have time to prefish I would suggest you look for structure on points and do alot of scouting and make a milk run of places to fish fast but have them so you can work them over quickly and go on.
FishinMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-05, 12:24 AM   #4
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

one ? tho, where did you get a pic like that of such good quality? those sattalite sites only do so much...thats a nice overhead veiw....almost looks like you took it yourself?
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-05, 02:26 AM   #5
Kevin_T
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Kevin_T

Thanks four your tips and help.
Fishie, i wont be able to prefish, i with but i cant ill try to fish as fast as possible to find the best places.
Bassfisher, the pic its not mine, so i dont know where did it came from, but i guess its from a plane.

One more thing, what im triying to do here is to find some spots that are close, so i dont have to move a lot, thas because my boat its not too fast so... you know :S
Kevin_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-05, 09:03 AM   #6
FishinMommy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FishinMommy

Kali I would call the local bait shops and talk to the guys there and I would also call the local fishing guides to see how the lake fishes this time of year and if they can tell you whats going on at the lake. I read a article by Kevin Van Dam that said he calls around to get info about the lake. I would also if I were you try to find a fishing hotspots map or one that shows cover and try to find some irregularities or good looking points on it.
FishinMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.