Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-04, 07:33 AM   #1
Fishhead
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fishhead
Default Canyon Lake (TX.) & Upper Guadalupe River

CANYON LAKE: Water clear; 75 degrees; 910.60':

Largemouth are good along ledges with flooded buchbrush on white 7/16 oz. Terminator tungsten spinnerbaits (www.canyonlakefishing.com); pumpkin
Whacky Sticks (www.cremelure.com) and Texas rigged green pumpkin Snap Back tubes (www.terminatorlures.com). UPRIVER, working a 1/4 oz. white-chartreuse Terminator buzzbait on flats, pitching a green pumpkin Craw Tube or Motor Oil Scoundrel worm rigged wacky style on a 2/0 "K" Wacky Hook
(www.falconlures.com) to laydowns or stumps produce now that the water color is back to normal.

Smallmouth are very good to 4 lbs in 8'-15' on smoke red Snap Back tubes, smoke Hula Grubs (www.canyonlakefishing.com) and pumpkin Baby Craw
Fish(www.slidingweight.com) on split shot rigs. 3/16 oz. brown/pumpkin Uncle Josh Finesse jigs w/Uncle Josh pork trailers (www.unclejosh.com) worked paralell to bluffs and down ledges are very good if the bite slows and fish move in tighter.

Stripers slow to fair using Snap Back Albino Shad jerkbaits on a 4/0 Bait Jerker Hook (www.canyonlakefishing.com) and tight-lining livebait.

White Bass are fair near the surface in pockets and creeks in the lower end early on Spoiler Shads, Tiny Traps (www.rat-l-trap.com) & small plastic swim
baits. Night fishing produces largest whites.

Crappie are good tight to timber fishing vertically in 8'-15' on minnows, 1/16 oz. white Curb's crappie jigs and Swirltail grubs (www.cremelure.com) on Road Runner
heads.

For area info. or to book a guided fishing trip w/ the most experienced, recommended, Fulltime guides on this lake contact JR's Guide Service
www.jrguideservice.com or call (830) 833-5688. See us at Fisherman's Corner, www.canyonlakefishing.com, 21910 FM 306 at Potter's Creek Rd., (210) 213-2534.
This Bass Pro dealer has the largest selection of quality, professional tackle, lures and live bait of any tackle shop in the area; Terminator, Creme, Yum,
Berkley, ABU. The catfish ponds at Fisherman's Corner are the best stocked, most productive, neatest and perfect for anglers of all ages of any & all ponds in
Central Texas.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-04, 05:23 PM   #2
Frank_Eagles
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Frank_Eagles
Default Re: Canyon Lake (TX.) & Upper Guadalupe River

nice sounding place. I just covered the board, but that isn't why I posted here. [s]Too bad I'm in florida[/s] never mind, I forgot we got the biggest, best bass in the country ;D
Frank_Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-04, 11:08 PM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=flbassman link=board=Reports;num=1085135613;start=0#1 date=05/21/04 at 16:23:57]Too bad I'm in florida[/s] never mind, I forgot we got the biggest, best bass in the country ;D[/quote]

I take it you haven't fished or been to California yet .

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-04, 11:37 PM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Been fishing that lake all year. It is a little tough to fish but we are beginning to figure it out.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-04, 08:31 AM   #5
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Rebbasser link=board=Reports;num=1085135613;start=0#3 date=05/21/04 at 22:37:42]Been fishing that lake all year. Â*It is a little tough to fish but we are beginning to figure it out.[/quote]

Reb,

You ever been fishing with files ???. He posts a lot of reports from down there, didn't know if you had spent anytime on the water with him?

Lizards
Old 05-22-04, 10:55 AM   #6
Frank_Eagles
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Frank_Eagles

Is california better? I never heard that. Well i learned something new.
Frank_Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-04, 05:34 PM   #7
Stan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Stan

im gonna make a trip up to cali. one day..hear they got some good fishin up that way....

cole
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-04, 09:17 AM   #8
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=flbassman link=board=Reports;num=1085135613;start=0#5 date=05/22/04 at 09:55:38]Is california better? I never heard that. Well i learned something new.[/quote]

That's where they have been pulling the 20lbers from .

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.