Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-05, 10:39 PM   #26
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20
Default Re: distance

[quote author=bassnman30 link=board=news;num=1108400164;start=0#23 date=02/20/05 at 18:50:54]If you guys ever used Stren then you'd be able to say how ya'll feel about it. If one doesn't use a product, then how would ya'll Â*know about it's ability.[/quote]

I have, more than once. I could not compare it with other brands if I had not used it. I was a Trilene fan for many, many years, and tried stren and trilene side by side for an entire season, and the stren was aweful. Also tried the magnathin, the magnaflex, the easycast, dupont prime, and anything else they had. Always against trilene,Since these were the top 2 at the time, and stren was never any good. Both would be the same pound test, the same type of line(castable, thin, tough, ect), and the stren would either not cast as well, would break easier, frayed easier, whatever. When I switched over to only braided lines, I tried the Superbraid. Horrible performance. Tried it next to Spiderwire Stealth, then next to PowerPro.

So yeah, you could say I have put it to the test, so to speak. Sorry, I just do not, and never have had, any confidence whatsoever in stren.I have just seen too many fish lost because of it.

If that is where your confidence is, use it.

If I had never used a product, I would not give an oppinion on it, you can be sure of that.

BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.