Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-05, 11:29 AM   #26
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: I'm gonna have to strangle The Bait monkey

[quote author=Rebbasser link=board=MessBoards;num=1117736736;start=0#8 date=06/02/05 at 20:27:19].

Lizards, that is one reason I haven't picked a Kistler up. My bait monkey would stop a mud hole in me if I did ;D[/quote]

Well Rebasser you aren't gonna get a good review from me on the Kistler's. > I went out yesterday for the first time with them, and was pitching into the weeds/laydowns. Had a fish bust through the mat as I was dragging it to a hole, with the 7' HEAVY rod. I cast back to the new hole he made in the mat, and got bit, set the hook, and the rod snapped in 2 pieces. I still landed the fish, about 15" and really not much weeds with it > Granted I may have had a defective rod, but when you pay that kinda money you don't expect a defective rod. I will be taking the broken one back, along with the 7' MH, and replacing them with a G Loomis or a ST Croix. I've not had this happen with either of those, and as you know I put my stuff through the grinder on fishing. So I won't be buying anymore Kistler's, too bad they have a great feel to them, but I can't accept it snapping in half(broke almost at the midpoint) especially with a Heavy rod, and a 15" bass :P

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 03:28 PM   #27
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Lizards, Haven't you learned from my mistakes ? Never pick on a product that has such a following like Shimano & Kistler. ;D Hey I got the old Saint Crow rod out and have been fishing the daylights out of it. The Damned thing ain't quite the peice of crap I thought it was.The only reason I have it is because I wasn't going to be responsible for taking advatage of another fellow fisherman to rid my troubles of it.I am thinking of inquiring about a 7'0 MH rod In the Avid series Saint crow. Tell me I shouldn't seek therapy or something ? ;D P N J P.S. By the way I would have bet my bottom dollar that your Shimano would have failed before a Kistler rod. ;D ;D ;D
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 02:46 PM   #28
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman

Dudes my bait monkey is not a monkey but a king kong x200 if been to the store to buy something since saturday i went to ace, sunday went to wally world, monday wally world again, and today in bout 30 minutes itll be wally world again!! Man how do i stop or slow this thing down?? Its been really bad! I need a better rod and reel too (yelling at bait monkey to settle down) sorry bout that its getting really out of control!! Im gonna give my money to my mom to shell out to me so the bait monkey cant steal it and take it to the store!!! Lol
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 03:01 PM   #29
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i have somethin like a girl monkey or something.....i was walkin around bass pro...and i was more occupied at talkin to some girls then the bait.....but, then right after that i picked up that tube kit....so in the end it shined thru.....guys, you all want to meet a hott girl that likes to fish? go to basspro 8) theres plenty to go around
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 04:06 PM   #30
GotBass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to GotBass

My bait monkey has hit a low point recently. Last time he struck my wallet went flat in a hurry. Went into Gander Mountain last summer and spent 300 bucks on whatever i could get my hands on. i bought one of those fish/depth finders that you tie onto your rod and cast out like a plug. Thing works great for those NO BOATS ponds around my area.

also discovered the flexxx baits and GULP baits. Love 'em
Old 06-07-05, 05:49 PM   #31
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Please guys, I need some prayers for my baitmonkey. I've been broke for a few weeks and if I don't know if the little guy is gonna pull through. ;D ;D ;D : : :
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 09:44 PM   #32
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

i spank mine ...it don't stop him or slow him down..but it feels good,,,,know whut ah mean?lol ;D
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 11:28 PM   #33
tbuck
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to tbuck

"It's not how ya hold yer rod"
"But how ya wiggle" yer worm ~"

[quote author=zooker link=board=MessBoards;num=1117736736;start=0#6 date=06/02/05 at 18:25:55]now thin lizzy you know and i know you just want to go back to that place and fondle them rods again.

i have actually put my bait monkey on bread and water i have only bought a couple crankbaits 2 weeks ago.

zooker[/quote]
tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 12:05 AM   #34
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

WOW......hands down funniest thing i have heard in a month. congrats.....im still laughin ;D ;D
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 12:23 AM   #35
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Stick-Em,

ROTFLMAO ;D

Well I did take back the 2 Kistler's, and at first I think they wanted to give me a little crap about the broken one, and it being a manufacturers defect, so I should send it to Kistler. I then said I was looking at the St Croix's, and G Loomis's in the first place and their salesman suggested the Kistler. I also asked him when I bought them if I could return them, since I hadn't had these before. He said as long as they were in good condition and the cork wasn't dirty/messed up. I said I just wanted credit, because I was gonna buy the G Loomis, and St Croix. They changed the attitude immediately. Long story shrot(yeah right huh JackL). I got credit of like $457 + or - for the rods. I then got a new bill when all was said and done of $753 + or - The St Croix Heavy 7' with fast action was about $105 more, and the G Loomis 7' MH fast action was about $120 more, plus the other stuff I had to pick up :-* I came out in the negatives again. So as I was leaving the owner was my best friend I think. Gonna put the rods to the test thursday for some prefishing of our next tourney for the BFL. Man I love to fish, and love to buy fishing stuff. At least that's what the monkey keeps telling me :-X

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 02:29 PM   #36
hershey
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to hershey

[quote author=bassfisher02 link=board=MessBoards;num=1117736736;start=0#15 date=06/04/05 at 00:13:38]
those are my favorite baits. they are the tiki dipstiks. [/quote]
Same here my favorite color also.
hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 05:50 PM   #37
redneck13
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to redneck13

Ain't that fun ! Almost as fun as actually using it.
redneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.