Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-05, 02:00 AM   #1
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default went fishin-again

went fishin today and got nothin. hade a hit on a kreature bait but the fish was small and bit the back and didnt get the hook. the river is still flooded. i did find key mud lines on my search for fish that i will start to fish when the weather eases up. i might go again tommorrow weather permitting. i hate how the rain decides to come right smack dab in the middle of the week :P but had a good time nevertheless.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 08:44 AM   #2
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52
Default Re: went fishin-again

BF02,
are you in spring break down there and if so when do you go back? My spring break starts thursday at 12:00 in the afternoon. Then its supposed to rain till sunday. We'll i guess its what they make panchos for. Anyways, keep me posted on your fishing trips. As for catching nothing, youre not alone, i havent got a single fish.
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 11:25 AM   #3
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

PB,
Yeah we're on spring break down here. Only problem is that its going to be raining all spring break. I may get to go out today, weather permitting. Hopefully I'll get to go redfishing in mosquito lagoon on thursday. This spring break is gonna suck. :P
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 12:25 PM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=HulaPopr link=board=MessBoards;num=1111467654;start=0#2 date=03/22/05 at 09:25:19]PB,
Yeah we're on spring break down here. Â*Only problem is that its going to be raining all spring break. Â*I may get to go out today, weather permitting. Â*Hopefully I'll get to go redfishing in mosquito lagoon on thursday. Â*This spring break is gonna suck. Â*:P[/quote]

It's called rain gear, and they sell it everywhere. I love fishing in the rain.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 12:43 PM   #5
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Only problem is I'd be fishing in a canoe and that does a pretty good job of collecting water. I also have to ride my bike from one place to another which doesn't help.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 01:00 PM   #6
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=HulaPopr link=board=MessBoards;num=1111467654;start=0#4 date=03/22/05 at 10:43:29]Only problem is I'd be fishing in a canoe and that does a pretty good job of collecting water. Â*I also have to ride my bike from one place to another which doesn't help.[/quote]

i dont ride my bike, i drive my fourwheeler ;D I ride my bike to the local trout stream, but trout is closed and when do you guys go back to school?
Old 03-22-05, 01:16 PM   #7
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i go back monday. im going out today in about 10 minutes or so. goota get there before the storms come. if the weather keeps acting like this i might be in luck. i can fish everyday before the rain comes 8) ill let you know how i do. im not expecting much. but its better than sittin at home. i do have 1 ?. theres a part of the creek that is filled, i mean filled with hydrilla. its clear and 4 or so feet deep. ive caught 1 fish there before on a tiki stick but i cant get anything out of there anymore. and there still bitin cause all you see is bass hittin the top all day. now on the sides of the creek area there is sand dollar lookin weeds and the hydrilla hits the top. but in the middle the hydrilla is a foot or so under the water and in some spots there isnt any. what should i use? thanks
Old 03-22-05, 01:28 PM   #8
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

BF02
I would try a jig if you have one. if they are hittin topwater, i would throw a natural colored frog bait, like the rapala skitter pop. Anyways good luck
-PB
Old 03-22-05, 06:26 PM   #9
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

well just got back. didnt get anything. im on a dry spell. the last 3 times out nothin. talked to a guy that was out there as well and he said the only thing he got was a 1lber. i did fish the hydrilla area i was talkin about, it was on the walk home so i decided to stop real fast and give it a try. i had a buzzbait tied on so i just used that. it didnt work well tho due to all the hydrilla geting caught in the prop-thing. i also fished those mudlines with a minnow and super fluke type bait and got nothin. i cant understand it, everytime i go the bass always are in a different spot. these bass dont stay in one place long for some reason. i will have good luck one day at one spot and when i go again they wont be there. its confusing. also i would think that some nice bass would be at those mudlines? theres a bunch of little bream there swimming near it. theres alittle bridge that runs parrellel to the river and on one side of the bridge there is some abandoned spring that has the water really clear and on the other side is the river(ussually clear but due to rain is muddy now) and where the river hits the clear water is a good mudline. i would think bass would be sitting in the mudline waiting to ambush the bream or minnows? im probally gunna go out tommorrow as well. they said we are susposed to have bad weather today but outside it is sunny and really hot. so im pretty sure that the weather is not going to be a factor.
Old 03-22-05, 07:36 PM   #10
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

try a tiny crank bait near all the little bream? Maybe it will convince a bass or so?
Old 03-22-05, 08:58 PM   #11
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Quote:
I love fishing in the rain.
Me too, especially in the summer. Â*All the lake lice and skiers stay in-guess they don't want to get wet! And we are talking rain here, NOT thunderstorms. Then I stay in, too-not worried about getting wet, but getting fried ain't on my to-do list ;D
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 09:43 PM   #12
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

lake lice? does old reb start to sound like jackl now or what..

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.