Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-05, 06:20 PM   #1
ketchmorebass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ketchmorebass
Default Surprised?? I was....

I've got a problem with purchasing excessive amount of bass fishing supplies everytime i go to walmart, they just have such good prices I cant stop, so anyways during one of my bass fishing shopping sprees I bought some BAITMATE-MAX fish pheromones, Garlic and salt, of course it claimed to send fish into a "feeding Frenzy" and all types of stuff like that, to my surpise it works extremly well, I've only fished soft plastics since i bought it because when i apply a little to white grub, minnow shad, or different small jigs i'm catching fish nearly every 3-5 casts.....it even renewed my faith in area on a river that runs thru my property where i never used to have any luck...i would definatly reccomend this product
ketchmorebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 07:34 PM   #2
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Re: Surprised?? I was....

ok might try it.
Old 06-07-05, 08:46 PM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Quote:
I've got a problem with purchasing excessive amount of bass fishing supplies
You ain't alone in that ;D.

I have a lot more confidence in using a scent with a soft plastic bait or a jig. Whether it attracts them or just causes them to hold on longer I do not know, but I seem to catch more fish when I use scent.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 01:06 AM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

I'm glad it helped, but did you ever think it could be because you are now using plastics, which you stated you had never used before buying this product ??? It could have some to do with the scent, but I'm guessing it's more to do with the baits you are using now vs before Don't get me wrong I'm a believer in scents, but from what you just wrote, I believe the bait change has more of an effect then the scent.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 02:36 AM   #5
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=news;num=1118179238;start=0#3 date=06/08/05 at 00:06:51]I'm glad it helped, but did you ever think it could be because you are now using plastics, which you stated you had never used before buying this product ??? Â*It could have some to do with the scent, but I'm guessing it's more to do with the baits you are using now vs before Â*Don't get me wrong I'm a believer in scents, but from what you just wrote, I believe the bait change has more of an effect then the scent.

Lizards[/quote]

yep, right on, it could also be the bass would have bit a brick if you threw it in there at the time, that's the great thing with bass fishing, there are some many variables, us bass nuts who listen to some monkey money stealer (after all, he's the one who hits our arm when we cast that new spinners bait right into that oak tree) hunt for years for that ONE LUNKER spending thousands, sometimes even hundreds of thousands of dollars. Then one day after a hard day on the lake getting beat up by the winds throwing your boat in the stumps, getting skunked, you pull up to the ramp, only to find a lady fishing with a piece of bacon caught an 18 lbs bass fishing at the boat ramp. God I love it.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 09:16 AM   #6
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slayem9

Agree with LR. All of us would like to believe in some lure provocation we've discovered that increases the odds of a bite or bite retention. But fish are simple and it's we, who are complex and it's we who sometimes try to cover too many bases when it comes to an animal that simply reacts or not.

Like RR said, you could throw a brick on somedays and get bit. In fact, cast your soft plastics with no scent for a week or more (at least 10 days of fishing) and note any differences in quality (lbs.) or quantity (#s).
Vary the colors for each model and size; vary the retrieves and speed; use smaller and medium lures of the same design.

You may find that change is more important in an area than a specific factor. Keep it simple, unless you believe everything you see on tv or read in Bassmaster magazine. We all swim in hype and too many anglers drown in it.
Slayem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 07:26 PM   #7
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i use fish formula shad and garlic. and recently started using lunker sauce-crayfish- which is VERY potant. and hands down has the best appicator on the market . not to mention it works very well. i normally only add sent every 3 hours or so -if the bait last that long-

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 07:48 PM   #8
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Quote:
God I love it.
You and me both, RR!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 07:54 PM   #9
okefenokee010
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to okefenokee010

My wife, who loves to fish but pays no attention to the dollar signs, knew that I was spending about 50 at Academy. She was shocked that I didn't come home with a lot of stuff. It all set in the bottom of the bag. And I have my first Tiki Swirls. Baby bass/Pearl, as suggested, Reb. All of the other Tiki Stiks I have are Junebug/Chart and Watermelon/Chart. Had to try the new ones. Still forgot some stuff. Have to go back. Oh well.
okefenokee010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.