Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-05, 06:12 PM   #1
n2b
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to n2b
Default rainy days

What are the best plastis to use when these days occur and where are the fish, like where do they move to.

ThanX
n2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-05, 07:28 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: rainy days

rain has nothing to do with the fish. its the baramutic(SP?) pressure and the water temp changing. if its a cold front moving thru then the fish will go on a feeding frenzy right before it comes, then for the next few days you will need to fish slow. during the front you may still find a few fish eating, and a few not. basically during these time i find what the fish are doing. if they are still feeding, go with spinnerbaits, or jerkbaits(hard and soft) and other lures that will imitate the prey. and if they are not eating you are gunna really have to provoke them into a strike, and getting it in their strike zone which may be less then 3 feet. at this time, deadsticking worms, and all sorts of jigs will work. you will more then likely have to make numerous casts to one spot, and have a whole lotta patience. im not sure about warm fronts, maybe they will become more aggresive? usually there isnt to much rain to warm fronts, but thats just my experience with them. i think that cleared it up.

**P.S.- check your private messages, there should be 2 in there from me. regarding TRIPLET LAKE.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-05, 07:43 PM   #3
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

To clear up a little on what bf said, its called barometric pressure. As bf said, just before a front, the bass typically start feeding more and can easily be caught on faster moving baits like spinnerbaits and flukes worked quickly. THis is because just before the front/storm the barometric pressure typically drops, bringing the fish to the surface. During fronts moving through I've had some success on spinnerbaits and flukes still, just matters what the fishes attitude is. When the front is almost done rolling through and after its through, typically the bass are harder to catch. Normally they'll stick tighter to structure and cover and keep their mouths closed. When the pressure is high, the bass are deep. When the pressure is low, they're typically shallow. If its just rain and the eather has been stable and its not a front, it will ususally turn the fish on(especially here in fl with the hot days we've got) Anyways when this happens its spinnerbait and topwater time for me.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-05, 08:24 PM   #4
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

Here in oHIo I have never had anyluck fishing in the rain.
As stated before the barometric pressure is the key, but there has been many times lets say 8-12 hours before a storm hits and its really windy that I have had some of my best catches
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-05, 08:31 PM   #5
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

I love to fish in the rain. You have to adjust your fishing a little bit ,because the fish move alot shallower and often they will suspend near the surface. A baby 1 minus or Bandit footloose is a great bait to use to locate the bass. I hope this helps. P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-05, 08:34 PM   #6
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=JB link=board=news;num=1115327562;start=0#3 date=05/05/05 at 19:24:44]Here in oHIo I have never had anyluck fishing in the rain.
As stated before the barometric pressure is the key, but there has been many times lets say 8-12 hours before a storm hits and its really windy that I have had some of my best catches[/quote]

Man JB you gotta come over here to Indiana, fishing in the rain is about my favorite time. I always catch fish in the rain, especially at the coal pit ;D

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-05, 08:39 PM   #7
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

Lizards you must be readin my mind..
ROAD TRIP!
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-05, 08:47 PM   #8
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=JB link=board=news;num=1115327562;start=0#6 date=05/05/05 at 19:39:21]Lizards you must be readin my mind..
ROAD TRIP![/quote]

Anytime

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.