Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-07, 02:22 AM   #1
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default San Antonio washed away! Read all about it HERE~!

It's 0115 hrs here, Wednesday, and we've begun to see the tail end of a very violent patch of t'storms. There was a tornado reported South of town, but no further info as yet.
I was 20+ miles up IH10, in Boerne, as the main blast hit San Antonio, but had to drive back into the worst of it shortly after Midnight. On the bright side, I "convoyed" a drop-dead lovely 20-something lady back to SA. She lives a scan distance from me, y'see.
At times we were slowed to 30 MPH due to winds and blinding rain and came close to hydroplaning several times. The lightning show was awe-inspiring as well. She was in a lil' Mustang and that worried me as I followed behind. She's obviously a good and sensible driver and handled it all very, very, well.
If you're still awake, check your radar for our local area and you can see what we were subjected to.

This has been a wet spring!

FlyRod

UPDATE! 0130 hrs. Just watched TV report from Eagle Pass TX, a border city between Laredo and Del Rio (Lake Amistad). Apparently, a tornado or super-strong winds devastated a "colonia". Six people are confirmed dead and the count may rise as further rescue efforts continue.
By way of explanation, "colonias" (colonies) are settlements of mostly illegal meskin immigrants. They are created on land sold by unscrupulous ***----s and the houses are, well, less than palatial. There are no water, electrical, or sewer services, at least at the outset, but then the wetbacks start demanding these services, expecting them for free, and the sorry-a-- liberal Dummocrat politicians, themselves usually of meskin descent, give them what they want...at OUR expense.
That being said, I grieve for the dead, share the sorrow of those who loved them, and hope there will be no more bodies discovered. I never said they deserved to die (except for the drug dealers among them) and I'm sorry that some have. I just wish they'd all been safely blown so deep into meh-hee-ko that they could never make their way back.

FR
Fed up to HERE!
Have a nice day.

Last edited by FlyRod; 04-25-07 at 02:40 AM.
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 12:34 PM   #2
Wishing2BFishing

And I thought that I was opinionated?
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 02:45 PM   #3
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing2BFishing View Post
And I thought that I was opinionated?
Wish,

Just try living here in the New Third World.
I know I sound harsh, but there is much truth in my diatribe.
That being said, and as the folks who know me will attest, I hate no person based on their color, surname, place of origin...NOT ONE. Still, when I travel to the Rio Grande Valley and see what that once-magical area has become, and I must deal daily with swarms of illegal (and otherwise) welfare bums, punks in noisy little rice rockets with oughta-be-arrested exhaust systems and ear-shattering stereos, fat-*** female breeding machines who loosely herd their progeny through stores, leaving destruction in their path and elbowing others out of their way, seeing food stamps being used for luxury purchases, and the crime and corruption they've brought to our streets, homes, and political process, well...let me just say "Walk a mile in MY moccasins before you judge me."
Did I mention those who refuse to learn English or demand that their kids do so? Did I mention those who proudly fly the Buzzard Sodomizing An Earthworm Flag rather than the Stars and Stripes? Did I mention the increasing number of those who boast "We are gonna take eet all back from joo greengos!" (and turn it into the same crime-ridden and corrupt hellhole as the one across the Rio Bravo-their name for the R. Grande, BTW.)
Wish, come down here and see what they've done to the health care system...See: Bankrupt. Try going to the emergency room at 0200 in the AM and wading through countless of them who will never pay a cent to have their latest stab wound, drug overdose, or yearly baby-popping handled. Many hospitals along the border have closed...gone...'cause of all the babies they had to deliver because, when it was close to pup-popping time, lil' mamacita sneaked over and went into labor on the hospital steps.
Hey, while we're at it, let me introduce you to Isadora, who proudly calls herself "Easy Dora". She's real, real as you and me, and brags that when she needs more money, she pops another pup. Oh yeah, she told me that the only non-hispanic flavored child she is missing from her collection is an oriental and "do you know some Chinese guy who might wanna have some fun?" She lives in a small town about 75 miles south of SA, so we can make a day trip of it and then go on over to fish Choke Canyon. If you happen to be of oriental extraction you will have a trip to remember. She is a cutie, BTW, and once came up to me, right in front of my then-GF, and offered to show me a gooooood time...no charge.
So, Wish, while I may sound like a racist, remember what I said in my opening comments..."...hate no person...", and understand that I reserve the right to hate what they do. This country is disappearing, thanks to the lily-livered Prez and other pols who will not deal with illegal immigration. And, if the Dems have their way, it's a toss-up as to whether the women of the USA will be wearing burkhas before they have to speak Spanish.
Good fishing, be safe, and vote conservative.

FR
Old 04-25-07, 04:18 PM   #4
bassintxlady
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

times they are a changin.....these things are not just indicative of SA.....Houston is fastly becoming a "melting pot" for illegals....the jails are full of them as well as our fair city.....i'm not going to get on my soapbox for i surely would be on it for months...but i will say this....."it is the end times my friends....for certain....in a matter of 2 years or less the places we all know and love will be no more....so i say grab all the happy you can in what ever you can"........
Old 04-25-07, 04:53 PM   #5
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
as the folks who know me will attest, I hate no person based on their color, surname, place of origin...NOT ONE.
This I can attest to.
Old 04-25-07, 05:09 PM   #6
pig n jig

`Hey Lady, You listen to Robert Zimmerman ? Well that was his real name, he is known as Bob Dylan. Fly, Keep your powder horn dry and don't get any mud on your turtle. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 06:21 PM   #7
Wishing2BFishing

Flyrod, I am not saying that I disagree with you . . .
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 07:04 PM   #8
zooker

ahh and i shall be fishing in it..it will be great

zooker
Old 04-26-07, 02:39 AM   #9
WTL

All I am saying is give peace a chance.....

Then again, I am responsible for myself and myself only. If the world is going to hell around me, then that is a shame. I will do my best to prevent it. But at least I can take solice in the fact that I'm not a part of the degredation of this once fine country. If what may be happening to it happens, I will still be myself.
Old 04-26-07, 06:16 AM   #10
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing2BFishing View Post
Flyrod, I am not saying that I disagree with you . . .
OK. I just wanted ALL to know what we're facing; Not just here, but all over as they spread and breed like rabbits.
It's a tossup as to who will burn the last Stars and Stripes...Mexicans, Chinese, Raghead vermin, Harry Reid, Rosie O'Donnell, Hillary C., or that senile fool, John Murtha.

FR
Old 04-26-07, 06:18 AM   #11
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintxlady View Post
..so i say grab all the happy you can in what ever you can"........
Good idea! Wanna fool around?

FR
Old 04-26-07, 08:39 AM   #12
bassintxlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRod View Post
Good idea! Wanna fool around?

FR

fly.....my life is one big "FOOL AROUND"..... .....now shhhhh....and ask me to go fishing.....
Old 04-26-07, 08:39 AM   #13
bassintxlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig View Post
`Hey Lady, You listen to Robert Zimmerman ? Well that was his real name, he is known as Bob Dylan. Fly, Keep your powder horn dry and don't get any mud on your turtle. P N J

of course i do.......
Old 04-27-07, 02:25 AM   #14
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
All I am saying is give peace a chance.....

Then again, I am responsible for myself and myself only. If the world is going to hell around me, then that is a shame. I will do my best to prevent it. But at least I can take solice in the fact that I'm not a part of the degredation of this once fine country. If what may be happening to it happens, I will still be myself.

Congrats, WTL, you've just espoused the approach that La Raza Unida, Al Qaeda, Hamas, etc, want us all to embrace. Oh, let's not forget the Atzlan movement either.
"Give Peace A Chance."; Sounds lovely, EXCEPT for the fact that the raghead nutcases have made it plain they will settle for nothing less than the enslavement of the entire planet.
Degradation of the country? Yep, the La Raza/Atzlan cretins want to degrade the USA until it is a clone of the corrupt cesspool south of the Rio Grande. Then, after they've made some big bux smuggling raghead terrorists across the aforementioned river, they'll be stunned to be rounded up and beheaded by those same deranged crap-samples they've assisted.
No, WTL, you most assuredly WON'T be yourself. If you are alive post-takeover, you will lead a life of sorrow, perhaps enslavement, and mourning the society and nation you have lost.
As for me, I will NOT live under the Islamic lunatics OR the corrupt losers that think Moctezuma was the bee's knees. Y'see, once I'm convinced that The Greatest Nation The World Ever Knew is gone, I'm gonna make certain that a large number of the enemy don't live to enjoy their hollow victory...trust me.

"If, in your twenties, you are not a liberal, you have no heart.
But if, in your thirties, you are not a conservative, you have no brain."
(Winston Churchill)

Last edited by FlyRod; 04-27-07 at 02:31 AM.
Old 04-27-07, 02:56 PM   #15
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRod View Post
I will NOT live under the Islamic lunatics OR the corrupt losers
(Winston Churchill)
well hell fly rod then why are YOU still in this country?? correct me if i am wrong but. would that statement not cover those that run this country currantly??

corrupt losers: boy does this cover the currant morons running for president or what??

you all can head for mexico or canada -i hear mexico is pretty vacant..

zooker
Old 04-27-07, 09:30 PM   #16
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
well hell fly rod then why are YOU still in this country??

zooker

That's an easy one. I'm sticking around in the hope that Texas Parks and Wildlife will add an "Illegal Alien" tag to our combo Hunting/Fishing License.
We've also petitioned them for a Lake Louse tag.

Somewhere in South Texas, a cool early morning in the brush along the Rio Grande.
FlyRod spots something entering the water on the other side. He cranks the Leupold to 8X.
"Wow", he thinks to himself, "a big one! And carrying a backpack full of cocaine too...Bonus Points!!!"
The Browning BAR speaks, sending a Federal Premium .270 130 grain on it's mission.
The fish are high for days. The turtles eat well, despite the heartburn.

Well, I can dream, can't I?

FR

I hate NO man for his origins.But I may hate him for what he does.
Old 04-29-07, 09:14 AM   #17
Bo Dale James Jr.

Quote:I "convoyed" a drop-dead lovely 20-something lady back to SA. She lives a scan distance from me, y'see.
At times we were slowed to 30 MPH due to winds and blinding rain and came close to hydroplaning several times.

Translation: I was following a 40 yr old bar skank in her '76 Maverick because she was wasted and the windshield wipers don't work and the tires look like Baloney skins.

I'm just kidding FR!!
Old 04-30-07, 11:24 AM   #18
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Dale James Jr. View Post
Quote:I "convoyed" a drop-dead lovely 20-something lady back to SA. She lives a scan distance from me, y'see.
At times we were slowed to 30 MPH due to winds and blinding rain and came close to hydroplaning several times.

Translation: I was following a 40 yr old bar skank in her '76 Maverick because she was wasted and the windshield wipers don't work and the tires look like Baloney skins.

I'm just kidding FR!!
Wrong again, JerseyDevilBreath.

She (and her twin sister, both 5'10" tall) have great day jobs but commute the short distance to Boerne to tend bar a couple nights a week, just for giggles. Both are straight arrows and are treated with the utmost respect by the patrons of the place. Anyone who crosses the line is usually never found again...ala Jimmy Hoffa.
I "convoyed" her because I was genuinely concerned for her safety. I'll see to it that Reb meets her after one of our Boerne Lake ventures and he can "Attest" as to the veracity of my description.
Anyway, I know yew were just kidding, and therefore will cancel the hit.
All that notwithstanding, these girls are the angular, slender, fashion model types, and therefore not particularly interesting to me. But, to be fair, they are delightful persons and a pleasure to know to the small extent that I do know them.

FR
Old 05-02-07, 11:40 AM   #19
Bo Dale James Jr.

I appreciate the cancellation of the hit! All I can say at this point is you are very lucky and it sux that I am old enough to be their father! I will continue to live vicariously through your exploit.
Old 05-07-07, 10:38 PM   #20
OUTLAW
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thumbs up

flyrod For

president!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-07, 04:49 AM   #21
FlyRod

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLAW View Post
flyrod For

president!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem...I do not seek office, nor power, but if elected I will make Teddy Roosevelt look like a liberal.
This reminds me of a story...
Many years after WW2 Germany was in chaos. The economy was bad, immigrants were flooding the country, and things were generally terrible.
Then, Adolf Hitler (real name: Alois Schicklgruber, no kidding.) was discovered to be alive and well, living in Argentina. A delegation of Germans was sent to offer him his old job back.
"Mein Fuhrer", said the leader of the delegation, "Things are rotten in our beloved Fatherland." and he went on to list all that was wrong with Deutschland, ending with "If you will come back, the Allies will let bygones be bygones and Germany will once again have a strong leader!"
Hitler sat quietly for a moment, then rose and said...(Scroll down, Bitte.)

"OK, but only under one condition"...(Eine mahr kleine skroll.)

No more "Mister Nice Guy"!!!

Dot vas a funny vun!

Anyway...
Once crowne...errrr...inaugurated, there will be some changes made.
For starters, the horse cavalry will be resurrected and be posted on BOTH borders.
English will be REQUIRED of all persons living in this nation.
There will be immediate deportation of any immigrant who has been on welfare for more than one year and/or has gotten knocked up while on welfare.
There will be a close monitoring of the activities of Muslims and their "madrassas" (schools). Those preaching the downfall of Christianity and Judaism, or other peaceful religions, will be deported, via parachute, back the stinkholes from which they originated, whether born here or not.
NO MORE AUTOMATIC CITIZENSHIP FOR THE SPAWN OF ALIENS!
Existing citizenships may be revoked on a case-by-case basis, but ALL such resulting from births dating back 15 years will be revoked unless the parents have become naturalized and are productive citizens.
ANY immigrant, naturalized or not, convicted of a felony will be deported.
Rosie O'Donnell will be the Pig-of-Honor at a luau. Those on a lowfat diet are encouraged to stick with the Poi, Mahi-Mahi, and Pineapple. Recordings of her dying squeals will be available at a reasonable price (plus S&H).
Military bands will be enlarged and increased in number; One per ship of Destroyer size and up, one per Army regiment or independent command, one per Wing in the AF, and two more for the Coast Guard. Oh, and there will be more regiments, warships, and combat aircraft...lots more. About a dozen more divisions too.
High School and College Football will be declared as recognized religions.
In all schools, prayer in the morning, and at all events.
All WILL stand and STFU when the "Star-Spangled Banner" is played.
At each Junior High and High School, once a year, the kid voted by the teachers and honor students to be the sorriest punk will be publicly hanged from the goalposts before the entire student body. One peep from his parents or attorney and they do the Rope Dance too. (Sock Hop in the gym to follow.)
There is more, much more, but these are a start.

Campaign contributions may be sent to...

FlyRod
A Man For Our Times!

Last edited by FlyRod; 05-08-07 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-08-07, 08:38 PM   #22
OUTLAW
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You have my vote FLYROD,Due to funds this week I cannot sent a charitable donation.In lieu of cash I will send a case of BANJO MINNOWS.

FLYROD "08"
Old 05-09-07, 01:13 AM   #23
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLAW View Post
You have my vote FLYROD,Due to funds this week I cannot sent a charitable donation.In lieu of cash I will send a case of BANJO MINNOWS.

FLYROD "08"
I didn't know you could teach a minnow to play any instrument, especially one so difficult as the Banjo. Wow!
BTW...Ease up on the bold print and oversize type...Looks like you're yelling all the time, OK? (Of course, if the battery in your Beltone died, we understand.)

Yer Chum,

FR
Old 05-09-07, 09:10 AM   #24
Bo Dale James Jr.

Quote:
At each Junior High and High School, once a year, the kid voted by the teachers and honor students to be the sorriest punk will be publicly hanged from the goalposts before the entire student body. One peep from his parents or attorney and they do the Rope Dance too. (Sock Hop in the gym to follow.)
Thank goodness you added the Honor Student part or I may have been swinging, some 25 years ago.....LOL Once again you have outdone yourself!

PS Love the sock hop reference

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.