Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-05, 07:50 PM   #1
GHOTI1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to GHOTI1
Default where to fish?

I have relatives with a place on Lake Josephine. They, as well as I, are new to Central Florida, and are wondering which lakes are best and what to fish for.
GHOTI1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 08:10 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: where to fish?

well since this is a BASS fishin board then i guess i would say to fish for bass ;D. i aswell live in central florida. i mainly fish not well known lakes so any lakes i mention u might not know where it is, making me no help in that subject. im not familiar where lk josephine is. but some good lakes around would be lake toho,east lake toho, lake monroe. also fish retention ponds in neibhor hoods, and ponds on golf coarses. i often fish little wekiva river and altho its small it produces nice bass. also fish the wekiva river. now since u asked wat to fish for im guessin u dont have any idea wat to use to fish for bass. there are 2 options: live bait, use live minnows or live wigglers. or artificial bait, witch is the main way to catch them. u will need to get alot of soft plastics. in colors related to the color of the water u fish, and jigs and spinnerbaits and topwaters. all these are good ways to catch them. im sure others will add more to the list. BTW, welcome to the site
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 08:10 PM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Fred link=board=MessBoards;num=1110495004;start=0#0 date=03/10/05 at 17:50:04]I have relatives with a place on Lake Josephine. They, as well as I, are new to Central Florida, and are wondering which lakes are best and what to fish for.[/quote]

Welcome to Kevin's BASS fishing site. That should explain what to fish for

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 08:17 PM   #4
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

I'll just assume you are talking about lake josephine in polk county, in which case I'll just list a couple lakes off the bat.

Lake Peirce and Hamilton are right down the road, so is Hatchineha (my favorite lake anywhere) and Kissimmee. Walk in the water is nearby also. Between those 5 lakes you should have plenty of water to fish.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 10:50 PM   #5
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Welcome to the forum, Fred!

Sorry I can't help with your dilemma as to where to fish, but I did want to say welcome, and some of the guys in Florida will be a good resource for you..
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 10:53 PM   #6
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

you're in the heart of bass heaven...go in any direction till you hit water.(i think anything in fla that holds water has bass in it) ;D.throw a t-rigged plastic worm and start yankin them basses out.
i have been bass fishing there many times and i know they thought they kept it a secret.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-05, 01:43 AM   #7
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Dont have my map in front of me. If Im correct Lk Josephine is part of the winterhaven chain of lakes. Your sitting on about 10-14 connected waterways. Ill be there April 25-27 for a FF tourney. Ill check my map but if memory serves Josephine was one of the more productive lakes in the chain for bass and crappie. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-05, 01:52 AM   #8
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Florida has too many duplicate names. I think there are 3 lake Jacksons, at least two lake cypresses (actually probably lots more)...

Per topozone there is a lake jospehine in the tampa area, near lake tarpon which is a very good fishery, there is also a lake josephine near sebring, which is close to lake isopotaka, and there is the lake josephine in polk county which I've already mentioned.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.