Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-05, 01:34 AM   #1
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983
Default Fisher of men

I was looking for a way to start tourney fishing and came across Fisher of men. They have a tourney on a lake close to me. Anybody belong to or fish their tournies? Would they be a good place to start. I've looked in the news papers and on line but they are te only ones I've come up with so far.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 06:50 AM   #2
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd
Default Re: Fisher of men

In the Book of Matthew, Chapter 4, verse 19, Jesus said;

Come, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Fishers of Men is a Christian Tournament organization dedicated to putting on first class tournaments in an atmosphere of Christian fellowship. Â*They run well organized, very competitive tournaments. Â*Their list of sponsorship is long, and the quality of competition is top notch. Â*You do not have to be a member of a church, or attent regular church services, or even be a Christian to fish their tournament. Â*They are a "team tournament" format.

http://www.fomntt.com/
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 11:46 AM   #3
BassmanBill
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassmanBill

fom is a great trail.you can go as far as your skill will take you.like cajunbass said they are a first class tournament trail.i fish the alabama south div.if you go to the site and click 2005 results go to al.south and lake eufaula.then go to the bottom of the page im the guy in the cover alls all on the right.
BassmanBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 12:53 PM   #4
gammarama
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gammarama

Fishers Of Men is a good trail. Check with your local Tackle Shops and Boat Dealers, they should know about other trails. If your just starting out you may want to join a bass club. Check with the BASS Federation and they can put you in touch with your state Federation President.
gammarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 06:06 PM   #5
Basser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Basser

I belong to the Maryland West div. even though i live in Pa. The md west lakes are closer in general than the pa west were. I fished on tourny last year. It's very competitive and tons of fun. I would definatly recommend it.! I also like that if you dont catch any fish you get the last place points. Say 10 boats caught fihs you would get 11th place points. Keeping you in the hunt for the regionals where you can win a Triton Boat!.. I definatly would recommend it.. it also isnt a very high entry fee. $135 per boat w/ 2 ppl its 37.50 a person. They give away very good products the night b4 the tourny at the meeting.
Basser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 06:46 PM   #6
danrw84
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to danrw84

Thanks for that link Cajun! I may have to join this trail...hopefully sooner than later.
danrw84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 07:16 PM   #7
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

the regional fom is on high rock lake this year...
average of 200 or more boats..

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 01:52 AM   #8
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983

Thanks guys. You can call me religious until I miss a big un.

Bassaddict- If you don't have a partner is there a chance someone there would need one?

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 02:35 AM   #9
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

Your best bet would be to find out who is the contact person for the particular tournament you mentioned, and see if they know of anyone looking for a partner. Â*

You could also go to the FOM homepage, and you'll find a "Looking for a partner" Link, and post there. Â*I'm not sure which division you'd be in, but you can probably figure it out. Â*If not just post that you're looking for a partner, or any information about the particular tournament.

You don't have to be "religious" to fish the FOM as I said in my first post. Â*You'd probably want to be a little more careful about your behavior and such, but after all our Lord himself came to save sinners.

There is a pre tournament meeting the night before the tournament's that is manditory I understand. Â*There will be a speaker who'll give some kind of message, or personal testimony. Â*They also feed you I understand, at least around here, Â*(Must be a bunch of good Baptist's) go over the rules and such. Â*A good time is had by all.

Ok. Â*I went back and lifted this from the FOM website. Â*It gives you a little idea about how things work.

With 53 Divisions encompassing 25 states, The Fishers of Men National Tournament Trail continues to expand at a rapid pace. A major part of the attraction of Fishers of Men is the Friday night Pre-Tournament meetings where contestants receive a free meal, lots of door prizes, and hear an inspirational message. Combine that with professionally run tournaments, designed to be affordable for the weekend angler with a total pay-out exceeding 81% and it's easy to see why Fishers of Men events are experiencing phenomenal growth. To increase your chances of qualifying for the opportunity to win one of the 6 beautiful Triton Boats powered by Mercury Motors, be sure to attend all of the Pre-Tournament meeting within your Division.

To compete on the Trail, you must join the Fishers of Men National Tournament Trail organization at a low cost of $35 per person. Or, 2 or more members of the same family who live in the same household can get a "Family Membership" for $50. Entry fees are $135 per team, per tournament. With your membership you will receive a membership packet which contains a license plate, a patch and a window decal. Most importantly, your paid membership gives you eligibility to enter any Fishers of Men event anywhere in the country. Important information concerning times and locations of your Friday night Pre-Tournament meetings may be found on our website at www.Fomntt.com. Each partner should complete a membership application and send both of these along with one entry form to the
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 09:43 AM   #10
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

I would love to fish it, but do not have a partner with a boat thats available to fish it.

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 05:24 PM   #11
Basser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Basser

If you go their website www.fomntt.com there is column that says looking for a partner. That should help you out.
Basser is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.