Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-07, 01:27 AM   #1
ESipes_89
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via MSN to ESipes_89
Talking Unbelievable!!!!

Hi,

Earlier today, my brother and I decided to go catfishin' at a local hole where channel cats a plentiful. well, no luck. We decided to leave after 3 hours of fishin and only one catfish. ( not to mention that storm on the horizon )

On the way home we passed a pond and decided to give it a try. It has excellent structure, easy access (15ft from the road), and fairly clear water. I rigged up my spinner bait and threw it in next to a tree. As soon as it hit the water WHAM!!! FISH ON!!! I reeled it in and it was a 1lb bass. Thoughout 45min. we collectively cought 33 bass!!!!!! Most were 12in. and under and accually caught one smaller than the lure I was using. (about 3in. bass on a 4in. lizard)

I'm planning on going out tomorrow and working different areas to see if I can find some bigger ones.

Believe it or don't,
-Eric
Old 08-01-07, 10:56 AM   #2
OfficerWhite
BassFishin.Com Member

Must be nice. I am working on catching my first one this weekend and you cought 33 in one afternoon. Congrats!
OfficerWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-07, 10:19 PM   #3
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I believe it. Been there and done that a time or two myself. They are few and far between, which is probably a good thing-we treasure those days more since they don't occur that often. Those are the kinds of days that keep you coming back when you get skunked.
Old 08-01-07, 10:56 PM   #4
scrap
BassFishin.Com Active Member

reb speaks true words..................getting skunked now and then keeps us coming back and looking the bigger fish. sometimes we do catch a big one. just honey on the bun when we do.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.