Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-07, 10:10 PM   #1
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Kent Lake "Chiller Thriller" 10-27

Rain, 39-49 degrees, and 20 MPH winds kept the namesake of this tournament this year. From what I hear last year it was sleet/snow, not sure which is worse. I had only met my partner online a few days ahead of time, but luckily he turned out to be a really good guy fishing is 51st tx for the year.
I know the lake a bit, it is about 1,000 acres, but my partner had never been there before. We draw boat 1 and head off to a spot that is hit-or-miss. Today it was a miss. We fished some areas around there and had 2 pike break us each off. After that we moved back to some more normal spots and fought the wind and rain. We moved around a lot and picked up a few fish here and there but never could find a school of smallies or pick up on any pattern. The best thing was hitting 2 of my spots as soon as other boats left and picking up our 2 biggest fish. It was a long 8 hours that seemed to disappear before we knew it. Yes both; it was my first 8 hour tournament and it seemed like we had time to fish all my spots but at the end of the day it seemed like we blew through everywhere.
3:30 rolled around and we went in to weigh our 4 keepers. We had 2 little LM and 2 decent smallies, the biggest weighing 2.9. We ended up middle of the pack but only had 4 fish, one more 2.5-3 pounder and we would have been in the money since they paid down 4 places. The winner had 16 lbs with second around 13 and then down to 11 and change.
At least I learned a lot out there, just wish we could have gotten that last fish.

No pics, but if we get into some tomorrow night out there I will try to take some.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.