Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-08, 04:02 PM   #1
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Reel Prices!!!

With todays reel prices. They should throw in a 4 year anygoes warranty & provide there own fianacing. I love fishing. I use to not care what i spent. But today Rod & Reel prices are out of control. I love all the new stuff & the new technology. But there is a point were i have to say. You paid what. What were you smoking what when you did this. latey ebay gets all my businiess. I would rathor capitilize off some shmuck at 1/2 the cost for a gently used reel. Then give full retail price for a new reel.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 04:19 PM   #2
Twinsprtsfan
BassFishin.Com Member

I was at BPS yesterday just looking around because we were in the neighborhood, and they had a bunch of reconditioned reels, open faced and baitcasters, from $15 to $35. They all looked like they were in good shape too (cosmetically). I almost bought a Bill Dance BPS baitcaster for $25.00 but held off. Most of the baitcasters were BPS and Diawa and the baitcasters were $25 and up.
Old 01-14-08, 04:48 PM   #3
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

I know what you mean, but this saying still applies...

"What you pay, is what you get"...

-Lunk-
Old 01-14-08, 05:26 PM   #4
Lilmoosecountry

Your right lunker. thats why i ebay. I'll let some othe guy go in debit for a new reel. Then when his Credit card payment comes & he can't afford the money he spent on that reel. I'll buy for 1/2 of what he paid for it. many times i get my reels still in the box with no use. But i'd rather have a gently used old school lews speed spool. Then a new 600.00 shimano reel. My money is on 30 years from now that lews holds it's value better & mechanics than some of this other high priced stuff made to day.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 01-14-08 at 06:10 PM.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.