Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-08, 03:36 PM   #1
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default My backyard bucks

I'm sure we have a few deer hunters in here. Here are a couple pics of deer I have in the backyard. The big 8pt I call "Shaggy" because he had some shaggy looking velvet hanging off his antlers all the way into November. I feed these deer in the yard about 25 yards from my back deck. My father owns a 70 acre farm right behind my property that we hunt on. These deer made it through our season so the 8pt should be a really good one next season!

BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-08, 03:59 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Nice pics and nice house btw!
we have deer about everywhere you look around here, even the open fields within the city have deer now and then. I work at the edge of town and theres always some standing in the woods behind the buildings.
Those one in your pics are nice size
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-08, 04:41 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01

that 8 pointer is wide! sweet pics, i love trail cams.
Old 02-01-08, 05:27 PM   #4
basskicker
BassFishin.Com Active Member

that deer will definitely be a shooter next year.
Old 02-01-08, 05:31 PM   #5
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Addict, Nice pics! Thought I'd share...We captured this guy a few backs..it's weird that they haven't dropped their antlers yet, atleast for us here in Maine. I think he's got 10, but it's hard to decipher and this is the clearest pic I have

Old 02-01-08, 05:54 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

it does look like a 10 point jason. great deer.
Old 02-01-08, 09:42 PM   #7
bamabassman

beautifull bucks guys.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-08, 09:53 PM   #8
THE DL
BassFishin.Com Member

Those are really cool pics, i actually had a little heard of 7 does behind my house today for about 10 minutes. Ive seen deer about 3 times in the past week alone.
Old 02-01-08, 10:54 PM   #9
barkelypup

Default Oldie but a goodie

Here is one I have in my back yard. Around 6.5 years old I think. Other is about 2.5 and I think the son of the big one. And the good news is that they the big one at least made it through rifle season. I've not seen the other since October. Got them out of my system now though. At least until next fall. Now off to chase fish for money.

bP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ICAM0028.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	450.7 KB
ID:	1952   Click image for larger version

Name:	ICAM0029.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	445.8 KB
ID:	1953   Click image for larger version

Name:	ICAM0009.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	447.0 KB
ID:	1954  
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-08, 01:14 AM   #10
carolina-rig-01

the bigger one has a split G2 on the right and looks like a split G3 on the right. and the smaller one has a split G2 on the right and looks like the G3 on the right is gonna be split next year. i would almost guarentee they are from the same genetics. both are awesome deer.
Old 02-02-08, 08:36 PM   #11
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Barkley,

I can't read the time-caption on the pics, but I see you have some snow on the ground. When were these pics taken? The deer on the top left has a dropped jaw, just wondering if he was a Rutter. Seems a little late for a Rut Buck to be drooling with snow on the ground. Is his draw really dropped for the Rut or is there a glitch in the camera?

-Lunk-
Old 02-03-08, 01:42 AM   #12
barkelypup

Default Bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunker-lander View Post
Barkley,

I can't read the time-caption on the pics, but I see you have some snow on the ground. When were these pics taken? The deer on the top left has a dropped jaw, just wondering if he was a Rutter. Seems a little late for a Rut Buck to be drooling with snow on the ground. Is his draw really dropped for the Rut or is there a glitch in the camera?

-Lunk-

Hey,
Click on the pictures and they shoud get bigger. No snow on the ground either. The big boy is eating corn on the cob is why his jaw is dropped. The smaller buck shouln't be in rut becuase that was taken in OCT. the bigger one was in full rut. Look how swelled his neck is and look at the glands on his back legs. Picture was taken with an elcheapo camera just east of Winchester Kentucky. I have been hunting this area for 6 years now and had no idea there were big bucks there. They are so nocturnal it is not even funny. I had pictures of 13 different shooter bucks this year. I did see a nice main frame 12 during rifle season but had already tagged a buck so I had to pass. Ahh they will slip up one day and walk out in front of my rifle/ muzzle or bow. Its almost as much fun as catching a fish.

bP
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-08, 04:07 PM   #13
WTL

I live in an apartment in tuscaloosa about half a mile from the University of Alabama and last year was walking through the woods behind the place only to startle a 6 point deer. Its always neat to have these areas in a close proximity to you.
Old 02-03-08, 04:22 PM   #14
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkelypup View Post
Hey,
Click on the pictures and they shoud get bigger. No snow on the ground either. The big boy is eating corn on the cob is why his jaw is dropped. The smaller buck shouln't be in rut becuase that was taken in OCT. the bigger one was in full rut. Look how swelled his neck is and look at the glands on his back legs. Picture was taken with an elcheapo camera just east of Winchester Kentucky. I have been hunting this area for 6 years now and had no idea there were big bucks there. They are so nocturnal it is not even funny. I had pictures of 13 different shooter bucks this year. I did see a nice main frame 12 during rifle season but had already tagged a buck so I had to pass. Ahh they will slip up one day and walk out in front of my rifle/ muzzle or bow. Its almost as much fun as catching a fish.

bP
Yeah, I'm retarded; I was looking at the other pic. with the snow on the ground. Doh!

That's pretty neat though, hope 'ya kill one one of these days!

-Lunk-
Old 02-04-08, 02:42 PM   #15
adamgambill

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I live in an apartment in tuscaloosa about half a mile from the University of Alabama and last year was walking through the woods behind the place only to startle a 6 point deer. Its always neat to have these areas in a close proximity to you.

get a bow to take with you next season.
Old 02-06-08, 06:26 PM   #16
flfireman

Im avaliable for travel. I even cook and clean for 3 days of hunting.
Old 02-07-08, 02:08 PM   #17
MississippiBoy

My dad worked at Grand Gulf Nuclear Plant in the big metropolis of Port Gibson, MS for about 25 years, until he retired last August. He would see deer almost every morning as he was walking from his truck to his building, sometimes decent bucks, but usually does. One night, apparently one broke through a big 10' x 10' plate glass window and proceeded to go completely apesh!t inside the reception area. Broke several more windows, vases, etc. Oh, did I mention the alarm system?

The on-site security company managed to find out what the deal was barely in time to keep from from calling the NATIONAL GUARD. That would've meant choppers, M-16's, the whole nine yards.

I think they have sturdier windows there, now.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.