Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-08, 09:52 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Talking rebbasser texas skunk hunter...lol..

yes friends the living legend known as rebbaser. has become the great texas skunk hunter..he even identified as a skunk" yes my dear that IS a skunk"

hey reb this aint your cat..

i am sending you and expert skunk hunter. a picture of him at work..

i am still chucklin at this..

zooker
Old 02-03-08, 10:03 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That's a good one, zooker. Make a note to yourself...don't p!ss off the fox.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 01:08 AM   #3
carolina-rig-01

i assume there is more to this story?
Old 02-04-08, 11:05 AM   #4
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

You just now saw this, Zookie!?! That's the oldest thing on the Net!

-Lunk-
Old 02-04-08, 06:47 PM   #5
zooker

no lunker i have had it a couple years.. i am just razin reb...

zooker
Old 02-04-08, 08:51 PM   #6
Rebbasser

Zooker has impeccable timing sometimes. He just happened to call as my girlfriend spotted a skunk on the back patio, and yes, he heard her.

Background: A couple of years back we discovered my mom had skunks under the house. We determined this after my dog got sprayed in the backyard (worthless mutt). So, I dumped several boxes of mothballs in the holes, waited a couple days and filled them in. Thought the problem was solved, but to quote that classic line from Poltergeist, "They're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!" Dumped some more mothballs in the new hole and will fill it in next week.
Old 02-04-08, 10:53 PM   #7
carolina-rig-01

not quite the story i was expecting. but good luck with the stinky critters anyways.
Old 02-04-08, 10:57 PM   #8
zooker

lmao...

zooker
Old 02-05-08, 02:42 PM   #9
MississippiBoy

Ok, Reb shared a "crittur under the house" story, so I figure I'll throw in mine...

My grandmother lived out in the country on her farm her whole life. She died several years ago at the grand old age of 84. She lived alone until about a year before she died, with relatives a couple miles up the road.
One night at about 2 a.m., she heard the dogs barking underneath the house. So my 80 year old grandmother puts on her slippers and crawls underneath the house to see what it is. Turns out the dogs had an armadillo cornered in a little nook beside the fireplace.
Does Granny catch the dogs and shut them up in the kennel and go back to bed? Hell, no. She goes and gets her old .38 special out of the drawer in the kitchen. Problem is, once she gets back down there, she can't get a good shot because the dogs are going so crazy and getting in the way. So, she goes back to the kitchen, gets an icepick, and stabs the armadillo to death.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-08, 06:03 PM   #10
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
armadillo

mmmm possum on a half shell...

zooker
Old 02-05-08, 07:52 PM   #11
1/4 stick

Quote:
Ok, Reb shared a "crittur under the house" story, so I figure I'll throw in mine...

My grandmother lived out in the country on her farm her whole life. She died several years ago at the grand old age of 84. She lived alone until about a year before she died, with relatives a couple miles up the road.
One night at about 2 a.m., she heard the dogs barking underneath the house. So my 80 year old grandmother puts on her slippers and crawls underneath the house to see what it is. Turns out the dogs had an armadillo cornered in a little nook beside the fireplace.
Does Granny catch the dogs and shut them up in the kennel and go back to bed? Hell, no. She goes and gets her old .38 special out of the drawer in the kitchen. Problem is, once she gets back down there, she can't get a good shot because the dogs are going so crazy and getting in the way. So, she goes back to the kitchen, gets an icepick, and stabs the armadillo to death.
lol, Granny and Rambo all rolled up into one package. Granbo! Now that's funny right there. I don't care who ya are.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-08, 08:19 PM   #12
Rebbasser

Quote:

Now, that is one tough grandma!

A couple of weeks back my dog corralled an armadillo in a brushpile I have in the backyard. Chased it out of the brushpile, put the dog in the house and by morning it was gone. Last night he was out barking like crazy along the fence. Heard something rustling around on the other side. I knew it was a dillo even before I hit it with the flashlight.
Old 02-05-08, 08:25 PM   #13
JB

lol@dillo
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 03:20 AM   #14
ROBZILLA

I saw my first possum up here last summer they are starting to move up this way into Canada, whats next? Mexicans
Old 02-06-08, 10:01 AM   #15
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBZILLA View Post
I saw my first possum up here last summer they are starting to move up this way into Canada, whats next? Mexicans
Maybe draft dodgers...wait, that already happened. hehehe
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 11:45 AM   #16
ROBZILLA

Don't get me started on hippies!
Old 02-06-08, 08:22 PM   #17
keithdog

I just gotta share a story with ya'll. This happened about 15 years ago. We had a small house with a backyard enclosed in a chain link fence. It was night time and raining pretty hard. Our terrier mix was wanting out to do his buisness and so I let him out. Soon after I heard his barking and took a look out the door. There he was chasing a rabbit for all it was worth. Time and time again they ran in circles around the yard untill the rabbit tried to run through the chain link fence. The rabbit simply bounced off the fence back into the yard and the chase was on again. This rabbit would run from one side of the yard to the other, each time trying to get through the fence and bouncing back into the yard. By now the rabbit was screaming in fear and running in circles panicked beyond what my softy *** could stand. Yeah, I started feelin sorry for that little fella. So off I went into the rain, chasing my dog who was still chasing the rabbit. I had run about 30 feet when all of a sudden our paths were blocked by a HUGE skunk who was looking at us like what the h**l??? I mean that skunk simply froze in disbelief in what he had strolled into. I was like, OH NO!!! The rabbit veared sharply right and scooted under the gate. My terrior, cut a sharp left and circled back around to the porch. And me, unable to simply turn away found myself leaping into the air like a white tailed dear who just got his *** nailed by a tazer. I sailed through the air and turned to look at the skunk who was high tailing it outta dodge. After I landed in the drenched lawn and slid into a muddy patch of garden, I just sat there thinking, "this has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever done." Needless to say, I vowed to forever let nature take it's course while I simply go back to watchin Hank Parkers Outdoors.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-08, 10:57 AM   #18
Rebbasser

Thanks for the laugh, Keith!
Old 02-07-08, 12:19 PM   #19
Lilmoosecountry

Here is a Funny one. Buddy catches a 6 pound bass at Smithvile Resivior. He takes some pictures of it. He is a diehard about catch & Release. He tells me that is going to keep it. I told him he got some pictures. He said no this biggest bass i ever caught. He's going home with me. I said are you going to mount it. He say's no i'm getting a replica made. I said why do want to keep this fish. He say's i'm going to eat'm. I told him let'm go & get some smaller ones. Well i was't able covince this nitwit at all. He takes the fish home. Spreads News paper on the kitchen table. Grabs the fillet knife & Cutting board. He proceeds to to fillet the fish. The Fish's stomach looks like garden hose. So after removing the fillets. The stomach looks like somthing is moving inside of it. He say's what the hell. I yelled take that thing outside right now. He ignored me. So stupid cut's the fishes stomach open at the kitchen table. I %&*@ you not out come one mad ol cotton mouth or blacksnake. I was'nt sure i was in the living room. He freaks out & starts stabbing the snake on the kitchen table. After everything settles down. He cleans up his mess. He looks at the kitchen table it now is full of stab marks & scatches from stabbing the snake. Maybe next time he'll clean his fish outside
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-08, 09:43 PM   #20
keithdog

Thats funny moose, LOL My wife would never ever go back into that kitchen again.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 10:38 PM   #21
bamabassman

funny stories guys. i got a skunk story for ya. we were kids, and my older always had cats. and us guys had dogs. well sis had this one cat. i swear he was retarded. i mean he walked sideways, for real. well one night we heard a howl, like a wildcat who was mating. we thought the wildcat had a female cat of sis's. we turned on the spotlights, and behold, there was the retarded cat fighting a skunk! we watched them fight for over 45 mins. the skunk would back up, then run at the cat and do a flip...spraying the cat dead in the face. after the skunk ran out of spray he took off into the holler. and would you believe the next morning the cat didn't even smell? the cat may have bee retarded, but noother male be either a polecat or wildcat was gonna get his women, lol.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.