Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-08, 01:28 PM   #1
LOU
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Talking My Yearly Howdy!!

Howdy Bugger’s

Great to see some of you old timers still sticking around!! Almost become part of the furniture by now hey!!

Personal Shout out to Zooker, Lizzards, Rebbasser, Robzilla, WTL not sure who I forgot……

Is everyone still alive and kicking? Everyone healthy? Anyone married, kids, new dogs, pet bass?

Shucks guys I really miss visiting this site. You’re a bunch of great people on here. I have not been a major poster but I have logged every few months or so and had a look at the posts. Almost makes you get that strange nostalgic feeling like when you go back to a old hometown or something.

Yip guys so what’s my excuse for not dropping in over the past odd year or two?

I finished my post grad in engineering and started working at a major steel company. After about a year at the steel company I was about to get married when the chick ditched me for another oke. This being quite an event left me with a lot of spare time to fill so I started looking at getting a little sideline business to keep my mind busy. Having always been keen basser I ended up starting a soft plastic manufacturing company in South Africa.

It took a bit of research and buggering about but I am now manufacturing the Culprit and Riptide brand names in South Africa and also doing it for another local brand name.

Yes so all this I did while keeping my day job as project manager at the steel firm.

The plastic business is going thru a very slow stage mainly because of problems on the distribution side, these people really aren’t pulling their weight. I’m actually confident I will sell more if I do it myself. But my full time job is still at the steel company and I have spent some time in Zambia doing some work for the copper mines and have just been promoted to the head engineer of the biggest single site galvanizing plant in the world……it seems that this is also going to keep me quite busy.

Also seems that I might be getting married this year….. (Different chick, thanks for asking)

Yep so I just made a few harsh discoveries lately I’m turning 30 this year the career is on the up, business is growing but I haven’t fished in bloody ages so my late new years resolutions is to take this year to streamline my life in order to get more fishing time.
Shucks I’m sponsoring three fishing teams but I haven’t caught a bass in 5 months…. So I’m selling my old boat and ordering a new one, will probably have it by end of April which suits me fine cause I need to go to Germany for a month or so anyway. Hopefully the new boat should streamline fishing a bit as the old one was actually a piece of junk. I am trying to sort out the Culprit business to run without my intervention…so if the plan works I might actually have some time to go fishing soon J

I’m also going to try and pop in here more often but if I don’t please don’t take offence, time is a constraint at this stage.

Anyway that’s my howzit and I sincerely hope everyone is doing well. Really really nice to see you all

Lourens
Old 02-12-08, 05:10 PM   #2
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hey Lou, nice to see you here again, congratulations on all of your happenings, hope you find time to check in more often. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 06:35 PM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

LOU!!!

hey man long time no see....

nice to see the plastic's bussiness is workin for you..ok so the question we need to hear..
with all that time tied up at work how much fishin you getting in?? trust me on this, girl friends can/will/do eat in to fishin time quite a bit.-leave your cell at home...

zooker
Old 02-12-08, 06:39 PM   #4
WTL

Dad gum Lou, its good to see you in here man...its been a long time but you sure havent been forgotten. Every now and then someone posts a "whatever happened to...?" thread and you always come up, well guess we know now.

Hopefully you aint so scarce in the future.
Old 02-12-08, 11:04 PM   #5
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

I've never heard of you...

BUT WELCOME BACK!!

-Lunk-
Old 02-13-08, 10:23 AM   #6
Rebbasser

LOU!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see you, buddy! Stop by more often! We've missed you around here. Take some time to wet a line, amigo-it is theraputic.
Old 02-13-08, 11:36 AM   #7
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

was wondering if you were moving over here or something since you havent said anything for a long time good to see you.
Old 02-13-08, 01:07 PM   #8
ROBZILLA

Hey lou-lou thanks for checking in! god to see your making a go of things, congrats on the promotion! hope all is well on your side of the world.
Old 02-14-08, 08:33 AM   #9
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Hey Lou,glad everything is working out for..You really need to fish more.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.