Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-08, 10:06 PM   #1
MrGrey
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Right or Left

Hey folks. Just doing a little survey here to see where Y'all stand on the Right or the Left. I am a Conservative and I can't believe this years Presidential Campain. I will vote for John Mc. although I don't agree with some of his policys. Mostly the Fast track to Citizenship for Illegals. But now Hillary and Obama have no message what so ever. Obama says he is here for change, and Hillary says since she was Bills wife and lived in the White House she is quailified. The main stream media, ie.... CNN, ABC are nothing but biases against Republicans. No mention what so ever of the Racial Rant that Obamas preacher let out from the Pullpit back in January. It is a scary time folks. Hillary wanting to socialize Health care and Obama wanting to have a little sit down chat with Rogue Nation Leaders. I am affraid he will open the door for our enemys. Hillary ain't much better. She cannot answer questions about being comander and chief. She just cries. I'm not saying John Mc. is a super choice but he will get my vote. Obama just proposed a bill to raise taxes by 12 billion dollars over the next 3 years. I don't know about you but I feel I pay enough taxes and sure don't want no more. I didn't have to drive through any road side bombs on my way to work this morning and I want to keep it that way. I'm affraid the Dems will not have enough gaul to defend this country the way it should be. Just look back at Somalia under Clinton (Blackhawk Down) Both he and Hillary have voted in favor of Gun controll. I just ain't giving up my guns. I will close with a quote by Thomas Jefferson. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who don't"
MrGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-08, 10:57 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'm a Right-Libertarian Classical Liberal.
Old 03-13-08, 10:59 PM   #3
Rebbasser

Welcome to the forum!

I'm a Reagan conservative and know exactly what you mean. Is it November yet so we can get this thing over with?
Old 03-13-08, 11:03 PM   #4
WTL

CarpMan, when I am elected you will be awarded many lucrative contracts. Thankyou my friend.
Old 03-13-08, 11:04 PM   #5
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

What happened to my post???? And how did you know that I am a contractor? Inside knowledge?
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-08, 11:05 PM   #6
WTL

Don't know, it was there, I saw it.

Ahem, ahem....

Old 03-13-08, 11:08 PM   #7
basskickerz_cuz
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to basskickerz_cuz Send a message via Yahoo to basskickerz_cuz

OK...first off with any of the candidates we're gonna get political and in Hilary's case emotional baggage that we don't need right now. If I could vote I wouldn't because I would think that would say all it needed to about this years election. And the gun control thing wouldn't work because then they would have to pry my guns from my cold dead fingers.!.!.!.!.
Old 03-13-08, 11:13 PM   #8
CarpMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Don't know, it was there, I saw it.

Ahem, ahem....

IMO, He was the best canidate.
Old 03-13-08, 11:15 PM   #9
WTL

Its not your opinion. Its a fact. He was.
Old 03-14-08, 07:41 AM   #10
Cranebird
BassFishin.Com Active Member

****, another politial post ?

WTL ,Do they sell moleskin nearby ? I get the feeling your going to wear some skin off while pounding on the keyboard until this post fades ? C-Bird Flock
Old 03-14-08, 09:46 AM   #11
jasonfish320

I am 100% certified CONSERVATIVE!! However, the media has things so upside down that it's harder to find the truth in anything...and the F**ing Michael Moore's are really starting to piss me off...I lived in England where the so-called great universal health care is....and surprise..it SUCKS!

I'm also sick of the damn global warming conspiracy....it's arrogant to think that we will make a difference on this planet...look at chernoble 30 years later...they said plants & animals would never survive there...

Today, the radiation rate is almost zero and the forests/animals/plants have grown back larger and stronger than ever. Rare breeds of Red Deer and Owls have flocked to chernoble because of its lack of human presence.

If Global warming is real, then why the hell are we experiencing the worst winter in almost 20 years and record snow falls....give me a set of 16 ounce gloves 'cause I want 12 rounds with Al Gore.
Old 03-14-08, 11:10 AM   #12
brushhog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I'm a Right-Libertarian Classical Liberal.
Beautiful... in your future career as a writer that is the type of simple,descriptive prose that catches a reader.... Hemingwayesque!

From previous posts some of you know my leanings are independent, with a touch of Reagan conservativism, a pinch of WTLesque Libertarian, and an occassional lefty liberal leaning (think social programs without the pork and red tape)...

I think we all need to be careful of defining ourselves strictly by party ideals.. That leads to an inability to get anything done.

What I would like all of us to be is members of a new party based in Constitutional ideals and common sense.... Hey, a guys gotta dream doesn't he?

Last edited by brushhog; 03-14-08 at 01:24 PM.
brushhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-08, 11:27 AM   #13
Cranebird

Talking

Viva Guevara !!! Revolution is the answer
Old 03-14-08, 01:16 PM   #14
1/4 stick

I'm sort of stuck in the middle. I don't claim either side. Unless a good independent comes forward, I aint voting for any of them.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-08, 02:50 PM   #15
zooker

me i am liberal and thinkin outside the box is my thing..

but i am with reb i have to say.. enough tv coverage already...i vote for the primary's to be shorten to just 3 weeks.all those in favor?? say "I"

man will i ever be glad november gets here...

zooker
Old 03-14-08, 03:32 PM   #16
bcklash

SAY I -- The dem. have a nut w/two boobs and a boob w/two nuts and McCain who knows. I hate it.
Old 03-14-08, 05:04 PM   #17
3dkicker

Here's my opinion

Teutul Sr. For Prez.
Attached Images

Old 03-14-08, 05:26 PM   #18
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Here's my opinion

Teutul Sr. For Prez.
I second that!!!
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-08, 06:23 PM   #19
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
SAY I -- The dem. have a nut w/two boobs and a boob w/two nuts
bcklash, can I borrow that? CLASSIC! I do give credit where credit is due.
Old 03-14-08, 11:54 PM   #20
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
me i am liberal and thinkin outside the box is my thing..

but i am with reb i have to say.. enough tv coverage already...i vote for the primary's to be shorten to just 3 weeks.all those in favor?? say "I"

man will i ever be glad november gets here...

zooker
I.....................
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-08, 11:15 PM   #21
bassdaddy
BassFishin.Com Member

well now i know the c- stands for commie...i to am a conservative,, I believe strongly that God blessed these great states of ours.if ya think things are so bad here,,PLEASE,exercise another right an American soldier died defening,,,your right to LEAVE.................
bassdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-08, 01:43 AM   #22
bamabassman

i, zooker. too much tv coverage over nothing. folks it doesn't really matter at this piont in time here in america. the reason i say this is there aren't enough true americans making enough noise to stop the insanity. we all talk about on forums like this, but we really take no action. if we, meaning the middle class white working americans who are paying the majority of the bills to run this country, would really get together and ACT, the maybe, just maybe the white house would do something. we have been bombarded with how it is our fault for so long, that we say nothing really. maybe amongst ourselves, but not in public. and i mean as a WHOLE. not indiviualy (spelling i know). the white house knows what we need, gas prices, imagration, etc. but the lobbists are in control. money is the key. i know it will never happen, but think about this.... what if each and every middle class american would stop for one day, just one day. no work, no buying anything. no nothing. all at once. at the same time now. shut down everything. just for one day. the states would (united states) would fall finacially. at least i think it would. then the white house would listen to US. WE have the power, just don't have anyone to lead us. NO ONE!!! ron paul was a good canidate. but he would fail because of congress. i woted for ross perot, not because he was worthy, or that he would lead us out of madness. he would not have gotten anything done cause of congress. BUT, he might have showed the country what was REALLY going on. there are too many pork troughs up there. and we, middle class workers, just keep on working. we have no chioce right now. we just want to be left alone. i admit it, i want to be left alone. just let me retire and go about my business of family and fishing. but one day........ maybe it will change. i hope so.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-08, 07:35 AM   #23
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Billy,for a young man you certainly learned well.I enjoy reading your posts.One thing I have to say about this forum(and it has always been this way) is that whenever we turn to politics it ususally ends up with all respecting one anothers opinions and beliefs.
I belong to a guitar forum that just explodes with salt and hate when the subject of politics arises.There is no discussing politics in a civilized manner there.
Thanks
Old 03-17-08, 05:04 PM   #24
adamgambill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpMan View Post
IMO, He was the best canidate.

Hasnt made much of a congressman. He has some good Ideas, but remember he has his hand in Dow and Connoco Phillps pockets and snuggles up with them in bed every night. I dont know how I will vote but seeing how he handles his district, it aint him. If Republicans are for fewer or less Govt. then why are there 4 policeing authorities in almost all Brazoria county towns, why is working for the state given to ex-cons and brother-inlaws as opposed to people who are qualified to do the job and why do I pay $40 for a state inspection for my truck that probably accounts for .0000000001% of the polution problem when Phillips fires off a flare of waste that allows me to read a newspaper 30 miles away( people not accustomed to seeing this have called and said "theres a huge a$$ fire over by your house")? No sir I do not agree with Ron Pauls strategies.
Old 03-17-08, 05:39 PM   #25
CarpMan

Adam, The United States is going to hell in a hand basket. We’re giving our jobs to foreigners, social security is on the way out, our young men and women are dying on foreign battle fields, our education system is falling apart. We need to think about improving these failing systems and making better use of our resources and put somebody in there that is not afraid top stand up for people like you and me. We need to take our NATION back and put it back in the hands of the CITIZENS. You may not like my choice or my opinion, but I think it’s the best we have. Carpy

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.