Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-08, 09:50 AM   #1
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default What to target?

Hey guys... well this huge stretch of not being able to fish (last time i fished was maybe a month ago, where I got a skunk at Barcelona fishing for who knows what species... the guy at the tackle shop just handed me some tiny hooks and bloodworms and spoke some spanish), I am getting tired of being fishless. What would you guys say is the fish I would find most abundantly right now? I honestly don't care about large fish or quality, I just want to stick some hooks in any fish's mouth. i was leaning towards some snapper blues, but I don't know much about them other than the fact that in the summer I was nailing them all day long. Option number two would be some sort of panfish. Ideas, anyone?
Old 03-22-08, 10:06 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

if your going to hit a pond i'd say gills or crappie will hit a live bait rig. I'd get a slip bobber and #6 hook with either wax worms or better yet minnows.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 11:16 AM   #3
crankybait

Pond/lake/ salt, if its water with fish, I'd fish it. But I think gills or crappie probably is my best bet anyway. Got the slip bobber and hook, just gotta get me some bait... Time for a trip to the tackleshop. Thanks JB
Old 03-23-08, 04:34 AM   #4
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I've found Gulp! maggots work really well on slip-bobbers for gills and crappie. They also don't come off the hook easily.
Old 03-23-08, 11:06 PM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

if you go catfishing (wich i hate with a passion), take an old pair of womens stokings, cut into 2 inch squares, take raw chicken liver , cut up of course, wrap live in stockings and place on hook. the stockings keep the liver from coming off the hook and also keeps the gills from eating the bait before the cats ca get it.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 07:26 AM   #6
crankybait

Gulp Maggots, huh? oddly enough, I haven't been able to find Gulp! at any baitshops. Maybe I will have to order it.
bama, Reb told me about that technique last year, it's really effective. The only thing is, the only place I seem to be able to catch catfish is India... I catch tons there, but none here...

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.