Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-08, 10:56 AM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Question Which color would you choose?

Which color would you guys choose?

or

Last edited by Fishnngolfn; 06-30-08 at 11:04 AM.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-08, 11:02 AM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

that's a tough one, I like them both. But I had this same problem when I got my cell phone, pick the really cool looking bright red one or go with the navy blue. and here's what I figured, you may eventually get tired of the bright orange (or in my case red) and wish you would've bought the greed (or blue ) So I went with the blue, and would go with the green here.

BB
Old 06-30-08, 11:06 AM   #3
Fishnngolfn

I was wondering if the orange color would scare or put off the fish?
Old 06-30-08, 11:10 AM   #4
Jim80

nah if a bright blue or red fiberglass boat doesn't that shouldn't but the orange might make you more visable to others on the water later in the day
Old 06-30-08, 11:12 AM   #5
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
nah if a bright blue or red fiberglass boat doesn't that shouldn't but the orange might make you more visable to others on the water later in the day

I am not worried about that since I would only be using this on private lakes. I really like the orange but I am afraid I may get tired of such a bright color like BB144 mentioned.
Old 06-30-08, 11:24 AM   #6
Raul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
I was wondering if the orange color would scare or put off the fish?
Forget about scaring the fish , be aware of not getting run over by a boat.

Go with the orange.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-08, 11:55 AM   #7
freakyfish
BassFishin.Com Member

i would think snakes would crawl up their on my legs.if you get a bright one boats could see you better.more natural looking one keep yoou hidden no one would see your hot spot.
freakyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-08, 11:59 AM   #8
Jim80

orange is a safety color but if its a no wake lake you plan on being on go with the green
Old 06-30-08, 01:45 PM   #9
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyfish View Post
i would think snakes would crawl up their on my legs.if you get a bright one boats could see you better.more natural looking one keep yoou hidden no one would see your hot spot.
Most of the time, snakes don't scare me. I have chest waders and use them often in some of the lakes. Now there are some creepy areas that I just don't go. Common sense tells me that if I want to fish those areas, I would need a boat.

I am still torn on the color. I could go with the green color since 95% of the time I will be on 5 to 10 acre private lakes. But the other 5% I will use it on public lakes such as Oak Mountain, Guntersville (maybe), and Bibb County Lake and orange would be the best color for those.
Old 06-30-08, 01:46 PM   #10
Jim80

get the green then and pick up a bright orange vest for when you are on public lakes
Old 06-30-08, 01:51 PM   #11
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
get the green then and pick up a bright orange vest for when you are on public lakes
I have one of those along with an orange hunting cap. That will work. I think we have a winner. I have about 1 week to mull it over until the funds are in place. I just hope it doesn't get backordered. I am hoping to use it on our church's camping and fishing trip (July 11th and 12th) on Lay Lake.
Old 06-30-08, 01:52 PM   #12
rodman rat
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The green one fits you better! orange too FLASHY
rodman rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-08, 01:56 PM   #13
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman rat View Post

You know me well enough to make that assessment?

Funny though, you are right. I am not a flashy guy. I wear mostly blue and dark green.
Old 06-30-08, 02:08 PM   #14
doc

Green, and I am a believer that boats do scare fish.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-08, 05:50 PM   #15
bamabassman

in my opion only here now. are ya gonna fish at night? if so yeller, cause then other folks will se ya better. ifn not, green, blends in more naturely. my two pennys worth.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-08, 10:21 PM   #16
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman rat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post

You know me well enough to make that assessment?

Funny though, you are right. I am not a flashy guy. I wear mostly blue and dark green.

I think that conclusion was reached because if I remember correctly you used to use red font, but you switched to blue. And If'n I'm correct it was because the red was too flashy. I'd still go with green.

BB
Old 06-30-08, 10:27 PM   #17
mariner
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

id go with green cause the orange would get old like it is cool but it wouldnt look good after a while
Old 06-30-08, 10:30 PM   #18
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I think that conclusion was reached because if I remember correctly you used to use red font, but you switched to blue. And If'n I'm correct it was because the red was too flashy. I'd still go with green.

BB
Actually someone PM'd me and told me that red font meant that I was angry. I have never used a color for my posts on other boards but for some reason I wanted to on this site. I hope that is doesn't annoy anyone. Blue is a little easier on the eyes than red. It also makes it easier to find my posts in a thread.

I am pretty much sold on the sage color. Most of my fishing will be on private lakes and in the morning so the orange safety color is not that much of an issue. I am just psyched about getting it. I only have to wait about a week.
Old 06-30-08, 10:37 PM   #19
Jim80

sweet F&G let us know how you like it ad hope you don't wear your arms out paddling (hehehehe)
Old 06-30-08, 10:42 PM   #20
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
sweet F&G let us know how you like it ad hope you don't wear your arms out paddling (hehehehe)
I definitely will. I will try to get one of my buddies to take a picture of me while on it so others can see how it sits in the water with a 205 to 210 lb person on it.

The good thing is that several of the reviews said that you can use flippers fairly easily with these boats as well as rowing. I am 6' 7" so I would imagine that I should be able to easily use flippers. I have a very nice pair from my scuba equipment. Using flippers should also help with keeping my spot during light windy days.
Old 06-30-08, 10:53 PM   #21
stevomac59

I would go for the orange...Why you may ask: SAFETY! The brightness of the hue,orange, will alert boaters in the area, and notfiy others of your location. As for the green, you may blend in with the cover, grass, trees, etc. and may be dificult to locate.

Just my 2 cents...

-stevo
Old 07-02-08, 09:12 AM   #22
Jigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Forget about scaring the fish , be aware of not getting run over by a boat.

Go with the orange.
This is good advice. You said you'd be fishing private water but if you did decide to fish public water, you'd be a lot more visible in the orange. I boat fish and tube fish and belive me, the guys in tubes or pontoons are really hard to see in low light or foggy conditions.
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-08, 09:54 AM   #23
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
This is good advice. You said you'd be fishing private water but if you did decide to fish public water, you'd be a lot more visible in the orange. I boat fish and tube fish and belive me, the guys in tubes or pontoons are really hard to see in low light or foggy conditions.
Yeah, but I figured I could wear an orange safety vest the very few times that I do fish on public waters. Again, the ones that I am most likely to fish are Oak Mountain and Bibb County. On Oak Mountain and Bibb County, all I would have to worry about would be john boats with trolling motors or small engines and they are just as low to the water as I would be.

If I didn't feel safe then I would just fish from the bank or stay within 30 yards of the bank. I have no intention of getting out into the open water of some of the larger lakes that allow the large bass boats.
Old 07-02-08, 11:52 AM   #24
BigBassin144

In that case, I think you'd be fine with the green one, and I do really like that color. It matches my fishing shirt!

BB
Old 07-02-08, 02:35 PM   #25
carolina-rig-01

the orange one looks kinda cool. but personally i would go with the green one because i think i would get tired of that bright orange glaring in my eyes on sunny days. just my opinion though.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.