Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-08, 05:27 PM   #1
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Exclamation PHAT PHIL OUT AT ROCKY TOP! Read all about it!

Here! From SoonerFans.Com

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=123652
Or: For the linkily challenged;

He's gonna quit!
Quote:
Phillip Fulmer, who a decade ago brought Tennessee its first national championship in 47 years, will not return as the Vols' coach next year, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

An announcement is being planned for later Monday at Neyland Stadium. The Vols (3-6, 1-5 SEC) have lost four straight games and are in danger of suffering their second losing season in the last four years.

Fulmer, who's won 150 games at his alma mater and is the dean of SEC coaches, met with Tennessee officials Monday morning, and they reached a mutual agreement that it would be best for all parties if Fulmer was not back next season.

There had been increasing scrutiny on Fulmer, who took over full time as head coach in 1993 and has been at his alma mater as a player, assistant coach and head coach for more than 30 years.

The Vols won the national title in 1998 and were one of the top programs in all of college football in the 1990s, but the program hasn't been the same this decade. They've lost 31 games since the end of the 2001 season.

THIS JUST IN!
TennyC in search for new coach. Muschamp, Kiffin, The guy at Boise St., Franchione, Zooker, BuzzWing, and WTL all on short list!
THIS ALSO JUST IN!
Fulmer offered "spokesman" slot by Krispy Kreme!
Film at whenever.

Lancer6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-08, 05:34 PM   #2
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer6 View Post
TennyC in search for new coach. BuzzWing, on short list!

Lancer6

You guys better watch out, they will have the best equipment money can buy.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-08, 07:22 PM   #3
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I actually will comment on this one.

I enjoyed watching him cry at his press conference. He deserves it. He is a terrible person, a hypocrite of the first order, a backstabber and a cheater.

Everyone in the South expected this of course. It is no news. Tuberville is also in the process of making a deal, but I wish him well in his new career. He isn't filth like Fulmer, just the coach of the other guys.
Old 11-04-08, 09:32 AM   #4
Lancer6

Talking

Translation:
Fulmer ratted us out and the NCAA jumped our butts. Therefor, HE is the bad guy.
Someone call 911. We need a Waaaaaaaaaambulance!
Old 11-04-08, 11:22 AM   #5
WTL

You know better than that John.
Old 11-04-08, 11:28 AM   #6
Fishnngolfn

So if a team cheats and a person rats them out, the snitch is the bad guy? What about the person or people on the team that are cheating? Shouldn't they be the bad guys?
Just asking.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-08, 12:31 PM   #7
WTL

The rat was cheating himself FnG. There is a fairness issue, but we have had the discussion before on here and I'm a little tired of it. Its all in regards to sports teams, so people choose what to believe instead of familiarizing themselves with the facts of what Phil did.
Old 11-04-08, 12:33 PM   #8
Lancer6

Talking

Reb! Wake up! More fun 'n games!
Old 11-04-08, 12:51 PM   #9
WTL

John Wood, Flyrod, I would really rather just talk fishing with you - I am sincere in that as I was in the PM I sent you. You really should drop the other stuff. Just like the whole name change stuff, it isnt needed.

Billy
Old 11-04-08, 01:01 PM   #10
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
The rat was cheating himself FnG. There is a fairness issue, but we have had the discussion before on here and I'm a little tired of it. Its all in regards to sports teams, so people choose what to believe instead of familiarizing themselves with the facts of what Phil did.

I understand what you are saying. I just find it interesting that people get their priorities so far out of whack. They get upset over the snitch more than they do over their own coaches and boosters who shouldn't be cheating in the first place. The old addage (sp?) is true. There is no honor among thieves.

If a team is not cheating in the first place, then they will have nothing to worry about when a cheater points the finger at them.

I am stepping off my "Righteous" soapbox for now. Carryon.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-08, 01:06 PM   #11
Lancer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
John Wood, Flyrod, I would really rather just talk fishing with you - I am sincere in that as I was in the PM I sent you. You really should drop the other stuff. Just like the whole name change stuff, it isnt needed.

Billy
Your lack of respect for board rules and courtesy is equaled only by your good looks.
A person chooses a nickname, generally, because it relates to his interests, career, or background. I did so, and with the expectation that personal data would remain just that...personal. You, the sniveling little amalgam of defective genes, think you've struck a blow by revealing that which is sacrosanct, at least to all but you and the fat-*** hairball that "coached" you.
Well, you're wrong...again...your actions here have only cemented my already abysmal opinion of you and I suspect there are other members here that of like mind.
I (and others, no doubt,) look forward to the next outburst from the resident mental pygmy.

Lancer6

Once again, (with fading hope of a correction,) it's"Hemingway"...not "Hemmingway". Not even HE deserves respect?
Old 11-04-08, 01:29 PM   #12
WTL

I just dont understand how someone who can be so nice as to give me a $100 gift certificate when my tackle was stolen, or do what you did for a friend a couple weeks ago, could be as intentionally abrasive as you are being now and have been under the Lancer6 moniker.

I cant for the life of me understand what you get out of this. Why you would be so nice once, then be such a jerk on another day? I always have responded to you and how you have treated me at the moment, after the gift certificate I thanked you; after you tried to insult me, I insulted you back (not knowing that you were the other as well). I guess I am trying to say that you deserved both the accolades and insults at their respective times, but still, I feel somewhat sorry that for a person such as you I cannot say simply that you are a good guy, or a friend. I guess you are just complicated, huh? So be it, but you make this whole place less enjoyable because of that.

People might sometimes have problems with me, but at least I let them know where I stand.
Old 11-04-08, 04:38 PM   #13
Lancer6

What happened to "Hemmingway"?
Take a look around and inside yourself, son. Read your posts related to ANYTHING you disagree with, especially if it so much as breathes on your personal sacred cow (Bama football) or expresses dismay that you miss no opportunity to indulge in some sort of ritual dance 'round a rival's casket (See: Phat Phil.). Then note that you are the only, the ONLY, person here who has drawn fire from this lancer's turret. There must be a reason.
Reason? Yes and it's quite apparent to others who have seen their board cluttered with this back-and-forth.
How can I be so nice as to assist when someone is in need and yet let slip the dogs of war at you...and ONLY you? Well, as I suggested earlier...a little self-examination might be in order.
Try it. You may even like it.
Oh, and don't waste your monitor ink on PMs. I don't read them. Instead, treat the PMS.

Lancer6
John Wood
FlyRod
SaberSpur
WarDog
BassBugger
LoyalFan
Flem Snopes
Lancelot
Trumpetus Maximus
(Choose one. Take two and you get eggroll.)
Old 11-04-08, 05:01 PM   #14
WTL

Lancer, I have never claimed to always be a nice guy.

But there is one thing that I am. Sincere. I am a know-it all. I'm sure it rubs on some others the wrong way. But I have never had the ability to hold back my opinion on any subject that interests me. If I tried, you would get nothing but a bore. Honestly, I think it would do everyone a disservice to hold back - for me to not speak my mind when I have so much to say.

I have actually asked a few others about you, and they held back. I think holding back about people actually tends to do more harm than good sometimes. If you have a problem with somebodies opinions, say it! If someone is too assertive, assert yourself!

I also think the means by which you have tried to teach me some lesson, be it humility or whatever you would want to call it, is the wrong way. If you ever had a problem with me or my opinions I would have valued it more if you came to me as a friend and gave me your concerns not in code that only Faulkner would understand, but plain words. Simple enough, I think?

I had been meaning to change Papa's quote for some time - actually forgot about it. Then you reminded me it was down there, but I didn't want to change because of you. Really though, it doesn't matter. Just need a new quote.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.