Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-09, 05:37 AM   #1
weezymagic
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to weezymagic
Default some new reels and rods

ok guys. bout to get a new job and ill have a bit extra cash. damn bait monkey wont let me do anything but listen. he beat up the tobacco monkey just this morning. anyways...

i got a st croix 6'6 med (i forget but its m or mh). it needs a reel. i was looking at the abu garcia revo stx or sx. money wont be as big of a deal for this first reel because the monkey tells me its ok. (i dont like to make him mad) Ive heard lots of positive comments on these 4 reels (hs included). i would like to know what you guys have to say on the topic.

thats part one
heres part two

im looking to advance my arsenal of r/r combos. I know that spin and baitcasters have their advantages and i have used both enough to be comfortable with them. so please offer your opinions on reels to buy. i eventually would like to have technique specific combos for optimal efficiency and performance. I would also like your opinions for rods. ive used ugly stix (who hasnt), st croix, field and stream. st croix is amazing. f/s is nothing that i saw too special. ugly is ugly. so please give me some opinions and i will probably look into atleast 1 combo for the upcoming year.

you guys might want to know that i fish mostly small lakes/ponds. i dont fish rivers. i might go once or twice to expand my horizon this year. same goes for giant lakes, i dont have a boat but will definitely be going on a few trips so i can use boats. i am on a basic to moderate level of all techniques so offer anything.
weezymagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.