Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-09, 02:47 AM   #1
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Angry Church's Fried Chikkin rant!

A lady pal and I stopped at a Church's in Boerne TX, read the drive-thru menu and ordered the 20-piece family order. The posted price was 28.99 and came with four large sides (We opted for fries, jalapeno poppers, slaw, and biscuits.)
The semi-Eengleesh esspikkin female on the horn then asked if we wanted "mixed" or all dark. Of course I said "mixed".
That little change resulted in the price for the order going up by OVER FOURTEEN freaking dollars!
Of the dark pieces, six were drumsticks and ONE was a thigh. Some deal for another fourteen bux, eh?
That, gentle readers, is why I remain loyal to Popeye's (Spicy, o'course.)
I plan to call the toll-free number tomorrow and politely question their concept of value for the price.

On the bright side; We stopped at Boerne City Lake to eat and, afterwards, wandered down to the water to relax. I made a cast with a 5" T-rigged Wm/Red Senko and caught a bass, maybe 13.5" worth. I made a second cast and spent five minutes hauling in a substantial limb. I made a third sling and the wind began to howl. I quit. After all, 1:3 ain't bad.
First opportunity I've had to fish in any fashion for over a month.

L6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 03:06 AM   #2
lowrider

You're gonna call? They don't know who they've provoked. I hope it's recorded, it may make it to the official training manual.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 08:21 AM   #3
Lancer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
You're gonna call? They don't know who they've provoked. I hope it's recorded, it may make it to the official training manual.
First, a correction: There were seven d'stix and three thighs...shoulda counted before we ate. Still, 14 bux to upgrade the other ten?

To the surprise of many here, no doubt, the lance is not lowered nor is "Charge" sounded when I make first contact in situations such as this.

Witness this this transcription of a recent conversation:

Rinnnnnggggg...Rinnnnnnggggg..."You have reached the offices of Slip 'n Slide Condom Corporation. Please select...etc."
(When I finally reach a living person it's...) "Hi, my name is Lancer Six, how are you today?"
"Fine, Mr Six, how may I assist you?"
"Well, and please know that I am in no way upset with you...yet..., I have a complaint regarding your Model Number 3, the All-Weather Non-Skid Super-Sensitronic Condom with Choice of School Colors."
"What seems to be the problem, Mr. Six?"
"Well, I ordered one gross of them in anticipation of a busy weekend, in size Extra-Average. Further, I specified I wanted them in OU Sooner Crimson with a tiny white OU logo, the famed "Paper Clip" one, on the, errrr, business end."
"I see, were they not satisfactory in that regard?"
"No. In fact, when compared to an industry standard color chart, they were not."
"Were they not red, as you requested?"
"Well, yes, but they were actually a perfect match for Texas Tech Red, a ghastly hue, and there was a picture of Mike Leach in a pirate suit on the aforementioned end.
I put one on in the dark but when she flicker my Bic to light a bedside candle she saw that and fled naked into the street, carrying her clothes in one hand and my barely-touched bottle of Maker's Mark in the other. Also, she stepped on my cat's tail in her haste! Ergo, there were no rematches later that evening, nor could I drown my frustrations in the finest nectar of Kaintukki!"
"Well, Sir, I guess one takes what one gets. After all, life is like a box of chocolates, you see, and..."
"Listen, and listen well, Angel Boobs, this is a serious matter."
"Don't take that tone with me, MISTER Six!"
"Look out of your office window, my little monkey-nippled morsel."
"Omigod!!! There's a TANK in my parking spot and my new KIA is under it!!!"
"OK, then, when might I expect my complimentary TWO gross of CRIMSON w/OU logos condoms AND my compensatory case of Maker's Mark?"
"They'll be shipped today, overnight express. Please don't hurt me!"
"Thanks, it's been a joy to speak with you. No need to ship, though, I'll come through your drive-thru. Looks a tad narrow but I'll, uh, remodel it. No charge."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
KLIK!
"Driver, move out!"
"Aye aye, Sir!"

See? I AM a reasonable man.

Lancer6
In your parking lot, engine running, eyeing your car.

Last edited by Lancer6; 02-28-09 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-28-09, 09:20 AM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

lmao lancer...

Anyways, about Church's. It's the best around here. We have no popeye's here. I've never had a problem with chruch's either. Maybe the lady charged you more than she should have, and that's not realy what it costs for that.

Who knows, but the Church's new spicy chicken's good too.

BB
Old 02-28-09, 09:47 AM   #5
Bassboss

Same thing goes on at out KFC, suck don't it!
Old 02-28-09, 09:48 AM   #6
Bassboss

Same thing goes on at out KFC, suck don't it! Every time my dad comes home with it, he always rants on about the price!
Old 02-28-09, 11:44 AM   #7
bamabassman

hahahaha, this is why i prefer to get the little wifey to cook dem thar chicken breastesss. nuthin like homemade yard bird. funny l6, very funny and what we alll really want to do when it goes bad.
Old 02-28-09, 12:09 PM   #8
zooker

we got popeyes and bojangles.. but if i want some of the best fried chicken. i wait till the mt zion baptist church on river road has a fried chicken dinner..
miz emma an elderly colored woman-of 80+years of age- oversees the cooking. miz lou-ann always does the chicken.. the line is ALWAYS long i have been told they sell out every time. -4 times a year- and hell ya i'll pull out the $12 bucks per dinner and get 2..

zooker
Old 03-01-09, 06:49 PM   #9
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

man we got a KFC and we gettin a bojangles ..... so i dont have to worry about churche's .... sorry about the sucky experience
Old 03-03-09, 02:53 AM   #10
Lancer6

Exclamation

UPDATE!

I spoke with the regional manager for Church's this morning. He agreed that 14 smackeroos was wayyyyy over the top and told me he'd contact the franchisee. Note that franchise stores, as opposed to company stores, can set their own prices.
Not long thereafter I received a call from the franchisee, a nice lady (I'd mention that she has nice ta-tas but I've never seen them. Her voice and manner of speaking, however, made me imagine that she, indeed, has nice ta-tas.)
She informed me that I WAS overcharged and insisted on obtaining my home addy so that she can come here and show me her ta....Oops!...send me a refund amounting to a whopping five bux. Well, I told her that was unnecessary so long as I would be allowed to fondle her personal white meat but she said the charge for that particular upgrade was pretty high and so I settled for the five bux and her detailed description, in a husky bedroom whisper, of her ta-tas.
Disclaimer: The call and the bux are factual. The rest, well...musta been the sixth Maker's Mark at the Fox and/or Hound when tippling with Steve, another bassing friend.

Happy ending! Case closed!

FR
Send a private message to FlyRod
Find More Posts by FlyRod

Old 03-03-09, 06:51 AM   #11
JB

Disclaimer: The call and the bux are factual. The rest, well...musta been the sixth Maker's Mark at the Fox and/or Hound when tippling with Steve, another bassing friend.

Rofl atta boi L6!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 02:15 PM   #12
Foyt20
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Foyt20

Rofl all that over some chicken
Foyt20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 06:56 PM   #13
bamabassman

aaaahhhhhh making me want some chicken.
Old 03-05-09, 12:59 PM   #14
Foyt20
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Foyt20

I dont eat fried chicken that often, I think i have to start putting that in my rounds for lunch at work (I drive all day, so my lunch varies as to what part of NJ Im in).
Foyt20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 07:45 PM   #15
crankybait

Personally, im a cluck-u fan... that stuff hits the spot
Old 03-08-09, 09:45 PM   #16
1/4 stick

KFC is the only way to roll with chicken. I use to work with a fella that also worked for Bojangles. At the time that was the only two chicken choices around here. One of the other workers told me to ask him what they did when they dropped the chicken on the floor. I did, and he looked at me and said they pick it up and into the grease. "365 degrees will kill anything." No more Bojangles for me.
Old 03-08-09, 10:08 PM   #17
bamabassman

hate kfc, i like chruches, popeyes for fast food yard bird. around here jacks makes a good bird for fast food. but nuthin tastes like momma's or the wifey's
Old 03-08-09, 10:23 PM   #18
bcklash

Had some good ole home cooked chicken for supper tonite. Home cooked is the way to go.
Old 03-08-09, 11:06 PM   #19
1/4 stick

Well of course you can't beat the home cooked stuff. Except when my mama cooks it, you eat that and it might beat you. She never did a whole lot of the cookin'. lol Grandma lived with us, thank goodness. Don't get me wrong now, mama can fry a mean burger, and I hear her collards are good, (I don't eat nobody's collards), but she's best off leaving fried chicken to other folks. I know we're better off when she does. But I love her, Lord knows I love my mama, but that chicken of her can kill. Daddy use to carry one of the drumsticks she cooked once for use as a night stick.
Old 03-08-09, 11:44 PM   #20
bcklash

1/4stick, my mom had the same problem with pork chops--bless her heart and I miss her--but she would screw up pork chops everytime.
Old 03-12-09, 01:44 AM   #21
Lancer6

Epilogue...

I received a nice note of apology a day or so ago accompanied by the 5 smackeroos the lady promised and also a "ticket" good for an 8-piece family dinner.

That about wraps it up here. Back to you in the studio, Vern.

L6

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.