Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-09, 02:44 AM   #1
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser
Default Bait Monkey stole my $$$

Well, me and the wife have been shut in for a while now and she made the suggestion to get out today before I go back to work Wednesday. And with my Momma passing earlier in the week, I just wanted to get my mind out of a rut. We were going to take the boys to see Monsters vs. Aliens 3D (Which happens to be a pretty good effects movie, at least to me it was). She wanted to go to a children's store to look for clothes before we went to the movie, so I suggested she go and to drop me, "Freddy", & "Mr. Tootles" (my boys) off at Gander Mountain. We looked at all the trophies on the wall. Freddy is always intrigued by the 8' gar, but I told him he needed to focus on the 10#+ big mouths next to it. Mr. Tootles was pissed because I put him in the buggy, but his mood changed when I put the sale paper in there with him and told him to find us some stiff. We looked at the deer and other game and finally made it to the fishing isle. I ended up with 4 Spro Frogs (2 poppers, 1 regular, & 1 Jr), 2 Zorro rattlin' spinners with colorado blades, and a Flambeau storage box (I have been really impressed with these boxes for 3.99) . I think it tallied around $50. Well we went to the movie and Flea, my wife, wanted to go to Old Navy and some other odds and ends. I told her to drop us back off at GM, but the boys wanted to go with her. This is where the damage happened. I searched for a spinning rod high and low and finally settled on a GM 6'6" on sale. I picked up a spool of Suffix braid 30lb and vanish 10lb, another Spro frog, 5 packs of horny toads, Owner 3/0 & 5/0 frog hooks, 4 Mann's mini ghost ($1 a piece), some peg its and bobber stoppers, VanDam's line conditioner, a bad of Culprit 7.5 junebug worms, and a couple of Zoom lizards. Final damage, 196 and some change. So much for tucking away a few bennies in the wallet. And we topped off the day by stopping at Books-a-Million and I bought Mike Ike's book, and I am about halfway finished with it. But we had a great day. Just hate I gave in.
Old 03-29-09, 07:49 AM   #2
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
Well, me and the wife have been shut in for a while now and she made the suggestion to get out today before I go back to work Wednesday. And with my Momma passing earlier in the week, I just wanted to get my mind out of a rut. We were going to take the boys to see Monsters vs. Aliens 3D (Which happens to be a pretty good effects movie, at least to me it was). She wanted to go to a children's store to look for clothes before we went to the movie, so I suggested she go and to drop me, "Freddy", & "Mr. Tootles" (my boys) off at Gander Mountain. We looked at all the trophies on the wall. Freddy is always intrigued by the 8' gar, but I told him he needed to focus on the 10#+ big mouths next to it. Mr. Tootles was pissed because I put him in the buggy, but his mood changed when I put the sale paper in there with him and told him to find us some stiff. We looked at the deer and other game and finally made it to the fishing isle. I ended up with 4 Spro Frogs (2 poppers, 1 regular, & 1 Jr), 2 Zorro rattlin' spinners with colorado blades, and a Flambeau storage box (I have been really impressed with these boxes for 3.99) . I think it tallied around $50. Well we went to the movie and Flea, my wife, wanted to go to Old Navy and some other odds and ends. I told her to drop us back off at GM, but the boys wanted to go with her. This is where the damage happened. I searched for a spinning rod high and low and finally settled on a GM 6'6" on sale. I picked up a spool of Suffix braid 30lb and vanish 10lb, another Spro frog, 5 packs of horny toads, Owner 3/0 & 5/0 frog hooks, 4 Mann's mini ghost ($1 a piece), some peg its and bobber stoppers, VanDam's line conditioner, a bad of Culprit 7.5 junebug worms, and a couple of Zoom lizards. Final damage, 196 and some change. So much for tucking away a few bennies in the wallet. And we topped off the day by stopping at Books-a-Million and I bought Mike Ike's book, and I am about halfway finished with it. But we had a great day. Just hate I gave in.

Father of the year, in my book!
Old 03-29-09, 08:31 AM   #3
Bassboss

Sounds like real fun! It's good to get your mind off of hard stuff that way!
You sure got a lot of frogs, tell me how you like the popping spros, been wanting to get some, but the every time I see one I've already spent all my cash on other stuff!
Old 03-29-09, 08:56 AM   #4
aikenyounggun

yeah sounds fun.... you can take me shoppin anytime ..... glad you took the kids... i remember that age and beggin my dad to buy some more fishin stuff ......
Old 03-29-09, 09:33 AM   #5
Jim80

good haul man , I would just return the vanish it is crap and not made for bass fishing but was designed for trolling for walleyes , it doesn't withstand hooksets well at all .

Jim
Old 03-29-09, 09:56 AM   #6
abu4600
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Sounds like a good time.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-09, 10:13 AM   #7
bamabassman

gald ya got out pal. and yes i agreee you win the father of the year taking the fellow future fishermen with ya pal. nice haul indeed.
Old 03-29-09, 11:23 AM   #8
zooker

hope the monkey did not get ya too many cranks i sent the box saturday ...same box btw i caught hell for getting -turn about is fair play i figure..

zooker
Old 03-30-09, 07:21 AM   #9
The Doc

If your Gander Mountain has the Sufix flouro, I would really really really recommend that. I've never had any issues with it, and I've gone through about 7 or 8 different types of flouro in the last 6 months. The only one I have used that compares is some high dollar japanese stuff called Toray, which is like $40 for 110 meters ( Damn metric system) It beat the Berkley Pro Grade on castability and has no memory, IMHO...
Old 03-30-09, 06:57 PM   #10
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

KVD conditioner at GM????? wish mine would get with the program and stock some!
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-09, 07:35 PM   #11
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
Great story except one thing... the vanish.

Seriously, I though people would have learned by now. My advice, take it back before it has a chance to piss you off!

BB
Old 03-31-09, 12:14 AM   #12
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
KVD conditioner at GM????? wish mine would get with the program and stock some!
I asked the guy if they had it and he said no, I have never seen it. And then I glanced down and it was on an end cap by my ankle. So don't take their word on it.

I have been fishing with some vanish 17lb on my Calcutta for about 8 or 10 months now. It is a little stiff, but I haven't had much of any problem with it. I broke off a big drum on it, but that is it. I put some of the line conditioner on it last night and it was flinging the Assassin in the wind like a champ today. But I will give some of the other stuff a shot on my next buy though by y'alls recommendation.

Last edited by Bubba_Bruiser; 03-31-09 at 12:21 AM.
Bubba_Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-09, 04:33 PM   #13
lowrider

i was gonna ask but couldn't find anybody...go figure. i really looked all over the fishing line section, next time i'm there i'll look at floor level
Old 03-31-09, 04:39 PM   #14
MississippiBoy

You better take somebody with you to help you back up, lowrider...them knees don't work like they used to...
Old 03-31-09, 05:42 PM   #15
lowrider

%$^# post too short.
Old 03-31-09, 05:43 PM   #16
bamabassman

lmao at mb and low.
Old 04-01-09, 06:07 PM   #17
carolina-rig-01

you should buy all the zorro spinnerbaits you can find. in my opinion they are the best spinnerbaits out there and since stan sloan passed away they closed up shop. i heard rumors that jewel bought out the rights to the spinnerbaits but i really doubt they will be the same.

sounds like you had a great trip.
Old 04-02-09, 10:26 PM   #18
hookset on 3

Hey Bubba, sorry for your loss. It was good to feed the Monk,you deserve it.

Hookset
hookset on 3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.