Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-10, 05:26 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Flea Market Success!

Club put on a flea market today to raise money for our Kids Derbies. Got to say it did very well considering the weather lately. Location was dicey with limited parking and a narrowed road due to snow but things worked well.
A total of 42 tables were sold and 126 paying customers showed up. $3 got you in the door. Deals were made and new and old tackle exchanged hands. Bandit crankbaits $2. Loomis Mossyback fishing rod $60. Curado(slightlyused) 201DHSV $50. Gallon 100% synthetic oil $10. Strike King King Shad $11. You had to get there early since the good stuff moved quickly. Oh yeah they even had Helicopter Lures!!!
For those of you that don't have this type of thing in your area and think that it would do well then give it a try next year. Advertise, promote, and get a great location. Keep the table costs down and the vendors and fishermen will show up to sell merchandise. It takes a little work but the results can be worth the effort. The Ruritan Club sold breakfast and lunch in exchange for use of their facilities.

Last edited by 3dkicker; 02-13-10 at 05:40 PM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-10, 05:49 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

WHAT!?!? HELLICOPTER LURES?!?!?! SON!!!!!! Why didn't you send them to me man?

Hahaha, glad it was a success for you guys.
Old 02-13-10, 06:06 PM   #3
3dkicker

I took a serious look at them. Only $5 for a four pack. Man those things are going to be collector items one day.
Old 02-13-10, 09:57 PM   #4
bassinbob

Glad things went good. Around here different groups mainly hold gun bashes. I've been to them and won a black powder rifle once. Wish they would hold a fishing or outdoor type bash. Tried to sell the idea at my firehall but they wouldn't go for it.
Old 02-13-10, 10:55 PM   #5
dave
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Smitty, wanted to get out there and see all you guys (Starrett point crew) and support NH, too far. Hung out with Mike at the show in Pasadena, MD. for a few hours. May try to get to Dale City next week. Are you going to be there?
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-10, 11:00 PM   #6
BassinNC
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Sounds like yall had a good event.
Wish we would have something like that around here.
Old 02-14-10, 12:58 AM   #7
3dkicker

BinB - fire halls are the ideal place to hold one. Tell them that they can sell refreshments and split the gate. $$$ talks!!! Go to the gun bashes and advertise and sell your tables then.

Dave - One of our members from LaPlata came..........you sure you couldn't have made it????? We've got a booth at Dale City and I'll have some stuff for sale. Mostly it will be to promote the club.

Don't get me wrong if I make it sound real easy but it's a good way to start something in your area. It takes some manpower and we had 26 members show up to help with set up, parking, etc. We also got a local high school team to help out and a college team that came too. It takes a bit of advertising, we put flyers out at two main shows, Timonium and Richmond, and in the stores in the area. But for the club and the derbies it brought in $1K in 8 hours and the Ruritan club made some $$ too. Since it was the first year and all the vendors said they will be returning (and 4 canceled due to weather) we're guessing if we get better weather next year the flea market will be better.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.