Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-10, 01:27 AM   #1
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default It's the people

You know, boys, I've been here a long time. I visit several other forums, but for me this is the best one. Sure, the knowledge is good, but what makes it special is the people. I really consider y'all friends even though I have only met a couple. Call it a cyber tackle shop or whatever, but for me this is home. I used to hesitate to use the word family, but after seeing the reaction to losing out brother Zooker that is the only word that comes to mind. You guys are the best, and I'm proud to be associated with you. Like I titled the thread, it is the people.

'nuff said.
Old 07-09-10, 02:25 AM   #2
basshunter21
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Cool man, I've havent been around for long only a week or two. Compared to your seven years, lol but I can already tell this forum is great. Everyone on here is real friendly and positive attitudes. I've learned tons of great info, and look forward to learning much more from you veterans!
basshunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 07:11 AM   #3
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
You know, boys, I've been here a long time. I visit several other forums, but for me this is the best one. Sure, the knowledge is good, but what makes it special is the people. I really consider y'all friends even though I have only met a couple. Call it a cyber tackle shop or whatever, but for me this is home. I used to hesitate to use the word family, but after seeing the reaction to losing out brother Zooker that is the only word that comes to mind. You guys are the best, and I'm proud to be associated with you. Like I titled the thread, it is the people.

'nuff said.
Very well said Reb. I couldn't agree with you more.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 10:29 AM   #4
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I totally agree.
Old 07-09-10, 11:53 AM   #5
walkeraviator

Yeah this is the only nation wide forum i have been in besides Wranglerforum.com where people from all over meet to have a good time doing their common hobbies... most of my gun forums are not like that... they talk a lot but never really meet (with teh exception of my local guys who meet weekly to compete against eachother.)

I have been on crap loads of guitar forums, gun forums, car forums, jeep forums, fishing forums, and job related aviation forums... nothing ever made me feel like meetin people til this forum... now i wanna wet a line with everyone of you bastards...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 11:55 AM   #6
Ebbetsguy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

It is very comfortable here
Ebbetsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 12:10 PM   #7
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
... now i wanna wet a line with everyone of you bastards...
Watch the name calling...just because we are, doesn't mean you gotta say it.
You missed a great time at Kentucky Lake last year. There was maybe 20 members there, with some associated family. Check it: http://bassfishin.com/bassfishingfor...php?albumid=96
The first one was in 2008 at Guntersville Lake in Alabama: http://bassfishin.com/bassfishingfor...php?albumid=76
We tried having another member get-together at Dale Hollow this past May, but it fell through for all but a couple of us. It was actually probably a blessing in disguise, since that was around the time Nashville flooded...the few people that went said the fishing was miserable, and the lake was in terrible shape from all the timber and trash that the heavy rain pushed into it.
There's been some noise about having one later this year, but nothing serious has come of it yet. I'm hoping something comes together...if it does, please come. We've always had a great time at these things.

And "family" is the perfect word to describe most of the people on here.
Old 07-09-10, 04:25 PM   #8
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post

'nuff said.
Rebasser, me and Zooker had a conversation (well i mosttly listened) about you one time and we both agreed that you are one of the most respected persons on this forum, so for you to say that--Well it's means alot. Thanks
Old 07-09-10, 04:33 PM   #9
bcklash

2 pictures from Dale Hollow in May

Click image for larger version

Name:	417 dh.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	422.8 KB
ID:	5515
this is a picture of the parking lot where you supposed to park On the other side of the tree you can see some white lines for parking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	429 dh.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	413.6 KB
ID:	5516

This is the only fish we caught
Old 07-09-10, 04:37 PM   #10
Jim80

Gotta agree with ya Reb you guys keep us all coming back

Jim
Old 07-09-10, 04:38 PM   #11
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

I know what you mean Reb, it truly is the people. I flew into this cuckoo's nest about a month after you did and I haven't been the same since. I've met a few of the guys in person and I would not hesitate for a second to call them "friend". The thing that really gets me is that there are no full blown flame wars like on other forums I belong to. (In my experiences I think the guitar forums are the most notorious for that) And Kevin is a most accomodating administrator. Thanks Kevin! Anyway I had to throw my 2 cents in.
Old 07-09-10, 04:53 PM   #12
Rebbasser

Quote:
The thing that really gets me is that there are no full blown flame wars like on other forums I belong to.
Tom, that is one of the beat things about this forum. Guys may disagree, but all are respectable about it. And you are right about Kevin-he does a great job and provides a great place to talk fishing.

bcklash, thank you so much for the kind words. That really makes my day.

I think the one thing that really comes across from the people here is they all, and I mean all, genuinely love to fish. Not just catching, but the whole thing-gear, preparation, bragging about catches, and having fun even when they get skunked.

We are all bass fishermen, but catching fish is really a small part of it. I delight in helping new fishermen get going and get better, and just feel at home here. Like I said, this is like a cyber tackleshop where we gather to do what fishing buddies do
Old 07-09-10, 04:55 PM   #13
Cavs1123

I really do truly beleive this is my home away from home. Thanks guys for making thsi so speacial
Old 07-09-10, 06:06 PM   #14
bamabassman

words cannot describe the way i TRULY feel about this site. guess you know what i am talking about. and YES THIS IS A FAMILY! there isn't ONE PERSON that i have met here that i don't consider a brother,sister and FRIEND. there is going to bE another get together gang. i am gonna host it at WHEELER/WILSON in the spring. so go ahead and start making your plans. i want WOODY to co-host it with me. IF he would, i would be MOST GRATEFUL. he is one of the finest people i have met, and i honestly love the man. there isn't a thing that anyone on her wouldn't do for the other if you needed them. i can attest to that, from the bottom of my soul i believe this. i have tried 1 other fishing site, haven't been there in almost a year. started on another site (by way of ZOOKER, he introduced me to it), and am only gonna be there for boat restoring. but THIS IS HOME, just like ya'll have all said. i guess y'll are stuck with this ol non-catching fool for life, hahahaha. but ya'll know i don't care about not catching all that much compared to what i have learned through this site. yes i am over emotional on this. SO WHAT?! HAHAHA! LOVE YOU GUYS!

NUFF SAID!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.