Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-10, 12:58 PM   #1
Strike_King 609
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default worlds greatest fishing show on the move UPDATE

Karin Hanni ZonaJuly 19 at 12:17pm
OKAY! Here is my "official" annoucement! Mark has a NEW SHOW that will start airing Jan. of 2011 on the Outdoor Channel. It will air 4 times a week. First run will be @ 8PM Friday nights then Sat morning-Sunday morning and then again Friday morning. TUNE IN! I will have more info soon.... Also I will be making a NEW page for the new show so EVERYONE will have to join that one too! Thanks for ALL of your support!
KARIN ZONA

http://basszone.com/2010quickflips/zona1.htm

Beginning in January 2011, “Zona’s Awesome Fishing Show” will debut with half-hour episodes airing in primetime and on weekends.

While Zona’s Awesome Fishing Show will follow the same basic premise of his popular World’s Greatest Fishing Show, which aired on ESPN2, Zona said that his new show on the Outdoor Channel will mainly be structured around bass fishing.

“It’s going to be way more heavily bass oriented than in the past,” he told The BASS ZONE. “Now that it’s my show, that’s what I want to do, so that’s what I’m going to do. This show will feature the best bodies of water with the best bass fisherman that there are.”
d

Zona also said that he plans on incorporating more “how to” information into the show. “The one thing that I’d like to get into a little more with the new show is that I want to show exactly how we are catching these fish,” he said. “With the elements that JM Associates can provide from a graphics and animation standpoint, this is going to be a very, very awesome fishing show.”

While Zona’s Awesome Fishing Show will undergo some minor tweaks and changes from his former show, the crux of each episode will remain the same. “We act like knuckle heads but at the end of the show, we knock their lights out. It’s all about catching the heck out of them with the best anglers in the world and this show is going to be more of the same,” he explained.

“I want all of our shows to transpire during the shoot and not have a preconceived notion of what is going to happen. I want the viewer to have no idea what they are going to see when they tune in because in reality, that’s what fishing is. We all start out with a game plan but it always changes. My goal is to tell that story.”

Over the past several years, Zona said that he has been blown away with the interest and support he has received from the fans. “In all honesty, I’ve been very flattered with the feedback that I got from people. It means a lot to me when people come up to me and tell me that they hoped my show would come back.

“I’m excited that it’s on the Outdoor Channel because it’s a perfect fit for where I’m headed. By teaming up with JM Associates, I think this will transpire into what the hardcore fishing fans really want.”
Old 07-19-10, 01:04 PM   #2
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I just got that e-mail as well. Great for Zona!!

Now the down fall is I don't have the outdoor channel
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-10, 02:07 PM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIbasser View Post
I just got that e-mail as well. Great for Zona!!

Now the down fall is I don't have the outdoor channel

Same here MI!

Darn.
Old 07-19-10, 02:53 PM   #4
rodnreel

I'm glad to see this. I really like Zona and his excitement for fishing. A lot of people see him as just a TV personality and forget that the dude can fish! I can't wait for this awesome show, lol.
Old 07-19-10, 04:49 PM   #5
walkeraviator

Have to check this one out... i get Outdoor Channel, Versus, and Sportsmans Channel... so i get a good selection of fishing shows... and for this week at least I also get teh World Fishing Network... they are tempting me to buy...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-10, 07:39 PM   #6
Cavs1123

This sounds awesome! im gonna have to watch it! too bad its a long ways away lol
Old 07-19-10, 08:55 PM   #7
bassinbob

I like Zona. Wonder if his shows will be available on line?
Old 07-19-10, 09:52 PM   #8
islandbass

I hope so. I don't have the OC.
Old 07-20-10, 05:04 AM   #9
Strike_King 609

you can find some of his older shows on u tube also the Bass insider might have some videos i watch alot of the Basstech shows on there wish they never took it off of espn2 use to be one of my favorite shows. I know direct tv gets the outdoor network only problem is it not in HD at least were i live an i can only get the WFN on verizon i have comcast and direct tv. Hope it comes in HD soon.
Old 07-24-10, 07:53 PM   #10
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Sweet! I think I get the channel

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.