Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-10, 04:56 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Our sons 9 month checkup

Britney took Lake to get his 9 month checkup a few weeks back. I guess the doctor was just blown away with him. She said that he has the vocabulary of a 1 year old. She said that if they can say five words then that is considered a 1 year old vocabulary. And I guess she just about passed out when Britney asked Lake what a cow says and he moo'd at her lol. Now he is starting to stand up on his own without holding on to anything, and I don't consider it his first step but he has even let go and taken a small step before falling down a few times. Man they grow fast! Anyways I was proud of what the doctor said about him and just thought I would brag a bit.
Old 07-20-10, 05:10 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Should've put this on the bragging board, Kory, and for good reason. 9 months old and standing up on his own, plus talking like that? That's great, man. I don't have much experience with babies to compare him to, but that seems really early. That's good in many ways, but bad in a few. If this trend continues as he gets older, he'll be smarter than his dad by the time he's in third grade.
Caitlyn does good on her own if we stand her up with something for her to hold on to, and she's pulling up some but can't quite get to her feet. She's got "Mama" down pretty good, and we're working on "Dada." A couple of weeks ago, my mom was holding her while fixing dinner, and Caitlyn said "Mama." Mom looked at her and said, "Good...now, zucchini....."
I think she's pushing a little too hard on that one, but you never know...
Old 07-20-10, 05:16 PM   #3
Cavs1123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippiboy View Post
should've put this on the bragging board, kory, and for good reason. 9 months old and standing up on his own, plus talking like that? That's great, man. I don't have much experience with babies to compare him to, but that seems really early. That's good in many ways, but bad in a few. If this trend continues as he gets older, he'll be smarter than his dad by the time he's in third grade.
caitlyn does good on her own if we stand her up with something for her to hold on to, and she's pulling up some but can't quite get to her feet. She's got "mama" down pretty good, and we're working on "dada." a couple of weeks ago, my mom was holding her while fixing dinner, and caitlyn said "mama." mom looked at her and said, "good...now, zucchini....."
i think she's pushing a little too hard on that one, but you never know...
lmao:d:d:d
Old 07-20-10, 05:24 PM   #4
WTL

Wait till hes 3 and executing under armed casts with a Shimano reel....hehe
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 05:33 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Should've put this on the bragging board, Kory, and for good reason. 9 months old and standing up on his own, plus talking like that? That's great, man. I don't have much experience with babies to compare him to, but that seems really early. That's good in many ways, but bad in a few. If this trend continues as he gets older, he'll be smarter than his dad by the time he's in third grade.
Caitlyn does good on her own if we stand her up with something for her to hold on to, and she's pulling up some but can't quite get to her feet. She's got "Mama" down pretty good, and we're working on "Dada." A couple of weeks ago, my mom was holding her while fixing dinner, and Caitlyn said "Mama." Mom looked at her and said, "Good...now, zucchini....."
I think she's pushing a little too hard on that one, but you never know...
There is no doubt that he will be smarter than his daddy, probably before the 3rd grade. It's funny that Caitlyn siad Mama first, 90% of the people we have talked to say that Dada comes first. Be ready Daniel, Lake went from us having to help him to his feet to standing on his own really quick, it's gonna happen soon for Caitlyn I am sure. And zucchini? Man couldn't she just go with squash to make it a little easier lol. Or maybe wait until you are having peas to get her to say the name of foods lol.
Old 07-20-10, 05:34 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Wait till hes 3 and executing under armed casts with a Shimano reel....hehe
That is in the plans my friend. All except the Shimano part, he will be a Revo baby lol.
Old 07-20-10, 05:42 PM   #7
bassinbob

He needs a bass reader. See the bass. Look, look, look. See the bass jump. See, see, see.
Read to him. Let him see the words. He'll be on here at 2 yrs. old making posts.
Old 07-20-10, 06:01 PM   #8
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
That is in the plans my friend. All except the Shimano part, he will be a Revo baby lol.
Damn right!
Old 07-20-10, 06:32 PM   #9
bcklash

Not only will he be smarter by the 3rd grade he'll have a better hook set!!!!
Old 07-20-10, 06:38 PM   #10
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
Not only will he be smarter by the 3rd grade he'll have a better hook set!!!!
Them's fighting words right there.
Old 07-20-10, 07:39 PM   #11
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Them's fighting words right there.
I'm sure his mama will teach him how to set the hook.
Old 07-20-10, 11:21 PM   #12
keithdog

Wait till he's tryin to hookup a boat to his bigwheel trike! They do grow up fast. And yeah, he'll be a Revo man! LOL
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 12:31 AM   #13
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Wait till he's tryin to hookup a boat to his bigwheel trike! They do grow up fast. And yeah, he'll be a Revo man! LOL
Everytime he gets in the boat he crawls straight to the driver seat. There is no doubt he will be asking me someday to borrow my truck and boat. The answer will be no, but boy will I ever be proud lol.
Old 07-21-10, 05:48 AM   #14
1/4 stick

That's great! Now you have to start being real careful about what you say when he's around though. I don't know about you, but I have a bad habbit when I'm working on something that isn't going easy peazzy of letting several words string together that should not be spoken around small ears or ladies. Well when my daughter was just learning to talk I had to fix the the plumbing under the kitchen sink.

Small space and fittings that were rusted together brought forth from my mouth one of my favorite phrases/names of them all. And the next thing I heard from behind me was mf. I told my daughter no don't say that, and that's when I realized my daughter had a lot of her old man in her. We just don't take well to being told no. And off though the house she went.. mf.. mf.. mf.. Took two weeks to work that out of her vocabulary. And I was really ashamed of myself cause I was actually, secretly, kind of proud of her. lol
Old 07-21-10, 09:19 AM   #15
Bassboss

Congrats Kory! Looks like you got a smart one on your hands, can he use a baitcaster yet? lol
Old 07-21-10, 11:28 AM   #16
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Check out this picture. Anna Grace, at 19 months, know how to work the new humminbird unit! Well, she can push buttons with the best of them. I will be asking her how to work it! Kory, I know how you feel. Kids amaze me with what they say and what they can do. Allen was disappointed with his last report card. It was a perfect report card. I am not sure what he expected. I never saw one of those when I was growing up! You will see a bunch of those from Lake, also.

Last edited by everettvet; 07-21-10 at 11:39 AM.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 09:51 PM   #17
bamabassman

the reason he ain't said DA-DA is cause i ain't there, BWAAAHAHAHAHA!! kidding of course. i am his and CAITLYN'S PAPA JOHN. he, like caitlyn will be "home" after the age of 5. so enjoy them while oyu can guys. cause papa john and aunt lisa are taking them over in a few short years. ROFLMAO!!!

children are truly amazing though on a serious note kory. i look at your pics and caitlyn's pic alot. they are saved on my cell phone too. not like the "other" pics you send me, hahaha. lake is growing up quick, for real now.........spend as much time with oyur kids as possible. BLESSED ARE THE CHILDREN!
Old 07-21-10, 10:57 PM   #18
Abbeysdad

That's great c-rig - lil bugger will be asking for the keys before you know it!
Old 07-23-10, 01:57 PM   #19
Jim80

Kory they get big fast don't they man ? I can't tell you how many times in the last 9 years I have been floored by one of my boys . They just never cease to amaze me ,and their energy level is always through the roof . It is never a dull moment and I don't think there is anything in the world I would trade it for . And just wait man once they start walking it leads to running and then you are in for it .

Jim
Old 07-24-10, 11:29 AM   #20
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

That's awesome! Be proud Daddy!
Old 07-25-10, 06:11 AM   #21
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
Kory they get big fast don't they man ? I can't tell you how many times in the last 9 years I have been floored by one of my boys . They just never cease to amaze me ,and their energy level is always through the roof . It is never a dull moment and I don't think there is anything in the world I would trade it for . And just wait man once they start walking it leads to running and then you are in for it .

Jim
And the questions... aye aye aye!! the questions. "Daddy how..." Daddy where..." Daddy how come..." "Daddy why..." lol
And you're right, I wouldn't trade a minute.
Old 07-25-10, 08:47 AM   #22
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

That's great Kory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
I'm sure his mama will teach him how to set the hook.
Just don't let "Papa John" teach him how to fish, unless Lisa is there to teach him how to actually CATCH fish!

You get him on this forum, as soon as he can use the computer and I'll teach him about good Daiwa reels, not no Abus or Shimanos!

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.